PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Performance By the Offense. Let It Rip!

SteelDad
11-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Get out your frustrations here folks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Two words.

Fire thiseffingidiottheycallbrucearians

LatrobePA
11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I knew they'd come out flat but damn!

Steelers MVP: Tyler Palko

Black@Gold Forever32
11-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Arians had nothing to do with all the penalties committed tonight....How many holding calls tonight?.....How many dropped passes tonight?.....Wallace dropped two and one was a TD......Moore fumbled on the next play......Then Antonio Brown had a huge drop later in the game....Those are not Arians fault.....Arians has faults but yet again the execution by the Steelers was **** poor at times......

BlitzburghRockCity
Was it them coming out flat or the Chiefs defense that good? I'd say alittle of both.

nuclearchihuahuas
I knew they'd come out flat but damn!

Steelers MVP: Tyler Palko

I am gratefully taking the win but u r absolutely correct; Palko was our greatest assett:evilshake:

jd1000
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Was it them coming out flat or the Chiefs defense that good? I'd say alittle of both.

Their D was cranked up tonight. But its like they knew what we were going to do before even us.

JD from Utah

SteelDad
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Arians had nothing to do with all the penalties committed tonight....How many holding calls tonight?.....How many dropped passes tonight?.....Wallace dropped two and one was a TD......Moore fumbled on the next play......Then Antonio Brown had a huge drop later in the game....Those are not Arians fault.....Arians has faults but yet again the execution by the Steelers was **** poor at times......

See my other thread:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

chisteeler
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Offense..offense? ...You wanna talk about offense? Wow, all I can say is wow...pathetic.
On a positive note, they won...

Stairwayto7
11-27-2011, 11:33 PM

I agree! But he did throw the ball deep way to many times again! Hell our line couldnt block for a four step drop tonight let alone a deep route

Black@Gold Forever32
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I agree! But he did throw the ball deep way to many times again! Hell our line couldnt block for a four step drop tonight let alone a deep route

I said Arians has faults and he didn't call a perfect game by no means......But this offense should be ashamed by their performance tonight......I include Ben in this as well......broken thumb or not the franchise needs to play better......

North Steel
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I really wish we could just put teams away when given the chance,but no! I can't take this ****. Anyway we got the win:tt02:

LevonKirkland99
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
What an awful performance... Why is Trot tackling with his head? We need you man.

Destossel
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
8-3 but shaky at best. **** poor execution. No heart. This team has no fire whatsoever.

This team plays up to and down to their competition.

chisteeler
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
When watching the Steelers, I'd sometimes like to think that I could make a game time call to add to my life insurance policy just in case I was to have a coronary, especially when the offense is playing like they are trying to give the game away. Why is it that we can not just put a team away and actually dominate for 4 quarters? Thank goodness for beer...

Stairwayto7
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
First three trips to the red zone only 3 points WTF

SteelJunkie
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
3-11 on 3rd downs not gonna get it down against ant decent team. Got to clean up them penalties.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-27-2011, 11:51 PM
First three trips to the red zone only 3 points WTF

Wallace dropped a TD which led to the Moore fumble......

steelspikes
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
What I saw was a team in Black & Gold that was not playing to win...but playing to not lose. And once again we see an offense that needs a late game stop by its counterparts to seal a victory.

Arians and/or Ben seem to lack patience. They are driving down the field, but seem to need to try for the home run over and over. Even when it's just not there you have Ben forcing the ball into double coverage resulting in a pick. Or trying stupid trick plays like the one where A.Brown tried to make a throw. C'mon man...you don't see the Packers or Patriots having to resort to that kind of ****. They just score touchdown after touchdown.
Putting up 13 pts. against K.C. is called "hitting bottom" Most pathectic Steeler "victory" of the year. Not one anybody can feel good about. Except maybe Dick Lebeau and the Steeler "D."

Arians is making what will be ... please God...his last year, unbearable to watch. I am getting tired of saying it: the scoring production just isn't there. Steelers are now in the bottom third of the league, about 21 ppg. Just not good enough to make them an elite-level team.

Until offense is re-worked by someone other than B.A., I just can't see any consistent improvement in performance. Hope I am wrong, but history and the numbers say otherwise. Without Dick Lebeau and the Steeler "D," the Steelers would be a really crappy team.
'

Stairwayto7
11-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I actually though early on we were taking them to lightly. We threw the three 2 yard passes to hines, seemed like they were just trying to help get him to 1000.

Iron Paul
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Offense..offense? ...You wanna talk about offense? Wow, all I can say is wow...pathetic.
On a positive note, they won...
I know that a win is a win is a win.....however, where was our offense? It seemed like KC was up for the game and we were still in our bye week. We need to gear up our offense if we hope to do anything at all in the post-season. As much as I hate to admit this, but the Ravens seem to be much better at this point.

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
The line looked horrid, and a few of the dropped passes had me shaking my head.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Poor execution by the offense but losing our Pro bowl center didn't help the line play. Wallace dropped 2 that should have been.How often does Me mo fumble? Just overall a bad performance...

Stairwayto7
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Still not sure why we got in the red zone fr the first time and we went with our third string rb?

coldrolled
11-28-2011, 12:29 AM
BA figured if Moore was in they would think pass... Redman is no use in the red zone because when he is in other teams think we will run.. BA is a moron. Our offense looks like it is run by a moron. Moore was not our problem.. we need to move the chains and we dont have a plan to move the chains... it is sad to see us wasting bens talent with a High School OC....

i think 5 wide is better lets watch ben break something else... we do so well with it... screw the slants, crosses and 5-9 yard passes.

SteelDad
11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
I sometimes wonder if this team realizes just who it is. EVERY team plays the Pittsburgh Steelers tough and like it's their Super Bowl. KC came in at 4-6. Denver and Oakland had already won yesterday so last night was really their last shot. Crennel had a solid gameplan and his guys played it well, but that's no excuse for our offense to only score 13 points.

jpele
11-28-2011, 07:58 AM

What he said :plus1:

JensK
11-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Terrible execution have been a common thing amongst teams which came back after the byeweek, for some odd reason.

LatrobePA
11-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Ben is the most blitzed QB in the NFL, with that you'd think they'd have some plays designed to move him around in the pocket, the 3 step drops suck!

Nolrog
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Ben is the most blitzed QB in the NFL, with that you'd think they'd have some plays designed to move him around in the pocket, the 3 step drops suck!

Or at the very least, some plays designed to take advantage of the defense that's blitzing. If we burn them a couple times, they'll blitz less.

We do need to get better at rushing the QB though. Major weakness right now. That and the OLine are the 2 biggest issues.

Stairwayto7
11-28-2011, 10:22 AM
:clap:
BA figured if Moore was in they would think pass... Redman is no use in the red zone because when he is in other teams think we will run.. BA is a moron. Our offense looks like it is run by a moron. Moore was not our problem.. we need to move the chains and we dont have a plan to move the chains... it is sad to see us wasting bens talent with a High School OC....

i think 5 wide is better lets watch ben break something else... we do so well with it... screw the slants, crosses and 5-9 yard passes.

:clap:moron=ba

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Five games left. 3 division and 2 outside. Guess what, those teams have real qbs and recievers. If the fn team(steelers) from the game last night shows up for them all bets are off on this team going beyond the season. IMO. Such a poor display of play calling,execution, penalties and coaching I don't think I have seen since the late sixties early 70s. We truly won this because KC handed it to us. And so forth... Oh yeah, DON'T forget how this game finished. By accident we won it.

steelspikes
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Two words.

Fire thiseffingidiottheycallbrucearians This is the only long term solution to the Steeler's offensive inconsistency. "The standard is the standard." MT's favorite line. Anything less than SB victory is a disappointment for Steeler fans at this point. Can Arians get us there? If he can, its really only because of our HOF DC Dick LeBeau. If season ended today, playoff path would be @ Oak. and then @ NE or Balt. So it ain't gonna be easy gettin' back to the big game.

LevonKirkland99
11-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I would like to congratulate Wallace for his dropped passes, sure he got his money worth last night. Please put Hines ward any time you feel like it Tomlin... :clap:

Clevelandsux
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I actually though early on we were taking them to lightly. We threw the three 2 yard passes to hines, seemed like they were just trying to help get him to 1000.

i agree. i hate that crap. what does that accomplish? I could see if it was Mike Wallace. But Hines wasn't fast in his prime???

LevonKirkland99
11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
No matter how you want to defend Wallace, he had a bad game last night. Dropping passes is not acceptable. They should park Hines for the rest of the season, so that he doesn't take plays away from speedy Wallace..

floodcitygirl
11-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I thought Ben came up with some amazing plays but had little to work with last night. They were almost handed the game on a silver platter but just couldn't seem to take advantage and make the kill. No doubt that the opponents defense was playing their super bowl. Glad for the win but this was a tough one to watch.