PDA

View Full Version : Can the defense atleast break even in turnovers this season?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Several Steelers mentioned lately they were not satisfied with their 7-3 record. Their coach said they should consider themselves lucky it is that good.

"We are probably fortunate to be a 7-3 football team being minus-10 in the turnover ratio," Tomlin said. "That is what jumps out at me. We have to continue to do a better job of getting the football, particularly in significant moments defensively."
It is not so much that the team has lost 16 turnovers but that the defense has grabbed only six -- two fumbles, four interceptions. That puts them on a dubious record pace for their franchise in all instances. Four players in the league have more interceptions than the Steelers team; one, New England cornerback Kyle Arrington, nearly has double that amount with seven.

The Steelers forced 35 turnovers last season.

"I think it is realistic to anticipate that we are capable of producing turnovers," Tomlin said.

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11327/1191949-66.stm#ixzz1eYSaILH0)

LevonKirkland99
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
My first instinct would be 'Yes' if they want to go deep in the playoffs.

I am just amused with Tomlin's philosophical statements about how we should get better. maybe if he stops making stupid mistakes like at the end of the Rats game.... I am blaming Tomlin for their lack of productivity, imho.

LatrobePA
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
They better get started this weekend..

Stairwayto7
11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
First 10 games are gone so Im not worried about breaking even, but we do need to win the turnover battle from here on out. We`re 7-3 if we want to be a contender starting this Sunday go plus 3.

Nolrog
11-24-2011, 12:46 PM
This week will be a big tell on whether we improve or not. If we can't pick the KC QB off at least twice, maybe even 3 times, then I'd say we won't break even.

The lack of defensive turn overs has been troubling. Troy has been in position for a bunch but hasn't been able to hang on. It's as if the whole team is just a half step off from where they need to be.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2011, 07:19 PM
There's no reason to think the Steelers shouldn't be able to pick off Palko atleast a couple of times. If the Pats can do it our secondary certainly should be able too.