PDA

View Full Version : Wood likely out vs. Chiefs

SnakeEyes43
11-22-2011, 08:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/36237/wake-up-bengals-dispute-overturned-td

STEELERS: Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) won't play Sunday night in Kansas City unless he makes significant progress this week, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "Every day, you just push it a little more," Woodley said after the first practice following the bye. "The worst thing about a hamstring injury is that they take time to heal. If you take a look at guys across the league -- coming back too early, sometimes -- the next thing you know, they're out two to three more weeks. Those injuries can do those types of things, so you have to be careful." Hensley's slant: This is a disappointment considering there was hope that Woodley would return this week. The Steelers, though, are doing the right thing by being very careful with Woodley's injury, which can turn into a season-ending one if aggravated. Pittsburgh needs Woodley more in the playoffs, when the Steelers are chasing down the likes of Tom Brady and Joe Flacco, than in Kansas City.

Stairwayto7
11-22-2011, 08:07 AM
need him when it counts now

SnakeEyes43
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
need him when it counts now

Pretty much my line of thought. We certainly shouldn't need him to beat the Chefs, and how pissed would we all be if he came back and re-injured himself? I say rest him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2011, 08:25 AM
We talked about this last night alittle bit on the podcast; I'd like to have Woodley back this week because the pass rush can use the help. However it's not like we should be losing to the Chiefs with or without him. If it's still questionable then sit him down for another week and get him back for the tough games again in the division and against the 49ers.

coldrolled
11-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Worilds was on dalton alot... He will get Palko too.

The Pats have a weak pass rush and KC could not throw with limited pressure...

Harrison and Worilds will keep Palko in panic mode.

Maybe 55 and 90 will play more a add some pressue up the middle too.

LatrobePA
11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Yea pretty sure we'll be fine w/out him this week, get healthy for the Bengals...

Rampage
11-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Boy, this one seems worse than it once appeared to be. Hopefully right now they are looking at holding him out to prevent a flare up rather than holding him out because it still isn't close to 100%.

JensK
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Boy, this one seems worse than it once appeared to be. Hopefully right now they are looking at holding him out to prevent a flare up rather than holding him out because it still isn't close to 100%.

Hamstrings are usually pretty rough to fight through. Look at Andre Johnson. He has yet to play a snap after he got a Hamstring against us and it is unsure whether or not he'll be able to return next week as well.

Steel Trap86
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
ahh let him rest. no sense in rushing him back only to re-aggravate it against the chiefs. We'll be fine without him

PITTxPRIDE
11-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Worilds was on dalton alot... He will get Palko too.

The Pats have a weak pass rush and KC could not throw with limited pressure...

Harrison and Worilds will keep Palko in panic mode.

Maybe 55 and 90 will play more a add some pressue up the middle too.
Definatley, plus palko against the PATS, he didnt handle the easy pressure well, i think Harrison and Worlids will definatley step up :2cents:

LatrobePA
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I pulled a hammy chasing the dog around the yard and was hurtung for a few weeks, of course I'm an out of shape slob so that may be why it lingered!

SnakeEyes43
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I pulled a hammy chasing the dog around the yard and was hurtung for a few weeks, of course I'm an out of shape slob so that may be why it lingered!

LMFAO, great mental image.

LatrobePA
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
LMFAO, great mental image.

Wasn't pretty, it appeared as though the dog even started to laugh!

mwittman5
11-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Let him rest and come back against the Bengals next week. That's a must win.

Goodfrom55
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Err on the side of caution here. Woodley playing or not playing should not matter in the outcome in the game. If it does, then shame on the Steelers. Rather have him for Cincy and beyond than to pad his stats this week.

TampaSteelGirl
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Err on the side of caution here. Woodley playing or not playing should not matter in the outcome in the game. If it does, then shame on the Steelers. Rather have him for Cincy and beyond than to pad his stats this week.

True dat but I sure miss seeing him play! :tt02: