PDA

View Full Version : Steelers playoff chances got a whole lot better after today...

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2011, 10:57 PM
If you break things down like I have done and always do the Steelers got a ton of help this weekend by having 4 or 5 times in wildcard contention lose and drop another game. The Jets,Bills,and Titans all lost and now all of them are 5-5 giving the Steelers a 2 game lead over them. The Chargers lost once again and are now 4-6 and fading fast. The Steelers are 3 games up on the Chargers now. And even though the Bengals lost hurt us some in the division it still helped the Steelers a lot in the wildcard race putting the Steelers up a full game over the Bengals with the head to head tiebraker in hand with another game with them here at Heinz Field in 2 weeks. So the Steelers overall got a lot of help this weekend in terms of at least looking a lot better to secure a wildcard playoff berth as long as they continue to win games and take care of business against the teams they are supposed too on their schedule such as the Chiefs,2 games with the Browns and the Rams. You win those 4 games like you should even if you do happen to lose to the Bengals and the Niners you finish at 11-5 and you are in as a wildcard and probably the 5 seed in the playoffs. Hopefully the Steelers continue to pursue the division like we all want them to do and catch the Ravens and get at the very least the 2 seed and the bye week and possibly the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout if things go their way these last 6 games of the season...

Black N Yellow
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I say we go 5-1 in our final 6 games.. The only tough Game IMO is gonna be against the Niners, other then that i feel we should win the rest.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I was thinking the same thing today when I was checking things after the games were over. The Steelers are well in control of atleast a wildcard playoff spot if they keep winning. At this point they have their own destiny in their hands; win out and they are in. The Bengals gave the Ravens all they could handle today and I fully expect they'll lose atleast 1 more game the rest of the way.

Chances for the winning the division are still alive and well but the most important thing is to just get in first and foremost.

The Chargers are just terrible, that team is so out of control right now. It's amazing how bad of a year Rivers is turning out to have.

Blazedby92
11-21-2011, 02:18 AM
I say we go 5-1 in our final 6 games.. The only tough Game IMO is gonna be against the Niners, other then that i feel we should win the rest.

Given the fact Hairball brothers work togther to benefit both I'm sure John will probably get some tips.

connecticutsteel
11-21-2011, 03:29 AM
If you break things down like I have done and always do the Steelers got a ton of help this weekend by having 4 or 5 times in wildcard contention lose and drop another game. The Jets,Bills,and Titans all lost and now all of them are 5-5 giving the Steelers a 2 game lead over them. The Chargers lost once again and are now 4-6 and fading fast. The Steelers are 3 games up on the Chargers now. And even though the Bengals lost hurt us some in the division it still helped the Steelers a lot in the wildcard race putting the Steelers up a full game over the Bengals with the head to head tiebraker in hand with another game with them here at Heinz Field in 2 weeks. So the Steelers overall got a lot of help this weekend in terms of at least looking a lot better to secure a wildcard playoff berth as long as they continue to win games and take care of business against the teams they are supposed too on their schedule such as the Chiefs,2 games with the Browns and the Rams. You win those 4 games like you should even if you do happen to lose to the Bengals and the Niners you finish at 11-5 and you are in as a wildcard and probably the 5 seed in the playoffs. Hopefully the Steelers continue to pursue the division like we all want them to do and catch the Ravens and get at the very least the 2 seed and the bye week and possibly the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout if things go their way these last 6 games of the season...
11-5 HOGWASH 13-3 BABY IT'S VERY POSSIBLE

JensK
11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture?module=HP11_content_stream

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
11-5 HOGWASH 13-3 BABY IT'S VERY POSSIBLE

Oh I dont want the Steelers to go 11-5 I am just going on worse case scenario I believe possible with the remaining games on the schedule for them. I definitely still believe they can win out and finish at 13-3 and get either the 2 seed and the bye week or the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout in the AFC. Realistically though looking at all the teams in the AFC right now at either 5 or 6 losses if the Steelers win the next 3 games against the Chiefs,Bengals,and Browns and get to 10 wins and 8 wins overall in the AFC they all are but guaranteed of a wildcard spot in the AFC. There is absolutely no way that the main teams in wildcard contention like the Chargers, Broncos,Titans,Bills,Jets,or even the Bengals who the Steelers would have beaten twice if they win the next 3 games will be able to catch the Steelers for one of those 2 wildcard spots if they end up winning the next 3 games and getting to 10 wins and pushing their record to 10-3 and 8-3 overall in the AFC. They will essentially have the tiebraker over every single one of those teams I just mentioned...

--- Added 11/21/2011 at 07:24 AM ---

Given the fact Hairball brothers work togther to benefit both I'm sure John will probably get some tips.

If I was John Harbaugh for as many eggs as his team has laid this season against bad teams I would be more concerned about beating the teams that he has left on his schedule and not worrying about giving his brother tips on how to beat the Steelers when they meet the Niners. The 49ers are 9-1 so Jim Harbaugh is doing something right so I doubt he will need John to give him all this great advice on how to beat the Steelers. Whether he does or not wont make a damn bit of difference either...

SteelDad
11-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Personally, I want the wild card just so we can go to Baltimore and beat them on their turf.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Personally, I want the wild card just so we can go to Baltimore and beat them on their turf.

I would love to still win the division and get the bye week or homefield throughout but I hear as well brotha with me also wanting nothing more then to go into Ratbirds territory and end their Super Bowl dreams in their own stadium in front of their obnoxious fans and whiny cry baby head coach...

pimplydan
11-21-2011, 05:13 PM
1st or 2nd sead would be great , but this year , as long as we get in we will be the toughest team to eliminate in the AFC .

Sir Blitzelot
11-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I'm still looking to win the division and get that #2 seed. The Ravens have three tough games still remaining: SF, @SD and @CIN.

LatrobePA
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
We need to beat KC...

Goodfrom55
11-21-2011, 05:53 PM
As long as the Steelers keep winning and avoid the "return from bye week" lull that most teams have experienced this year, I don't see the Steelers losing another regular season game. They will battle SF and Cincy, but they'll get the job done. Dalton looks like he is hitting the rookie wall and Alex Smith is due for a late season meltdown. Not to mention, the '9ers will likely locked up the #2 seed by then and might "rest" some people. Never know - could happen.

LarryNJ
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
We need to beat KC...

:yellowthumb: I was at the nightmare in Arrowhead 2 years ago.

It would be the biggest epic fail ever if we didn't make the playoffs. We had 98% probability of making the playoffs going into this past weekend.

Goodfrom55
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
As long as the Steelers don't underestimate the CHiefs, there is no way they lose. Only way they lose is if they look past them to Cincy and have a turnover fest.

steelspikes
11-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Ravens play @ Cincy final week of the season in what could be pivotal game deciding if Steelers are to win the Division. Ravens have a great record at home, but on the road have been inconsistent. A loss this T-giving to 49rs would set up Steelers nicely for the home stretch. But since game is in Balt., Raven loss there is unlikely. Since Chargers are fading fast, that plays against the Steelers, since Ravens play them. Only plus is that the game is in SD. However it plays out, Steelers may well need to win out to have a good chance of winning the Division and securing home field, which is where we want to be in January.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Ravens play @ Cincy final week of the season in what could be pivotal game deciding if Steelers are to win the Division. Ravens have a great record at home, but on the road have been inconsistent. A loss this T-giving to 49rs would set up Steelers nicely for the home stretch. But since game is in Balt., Raven loss there is unlikely. Since Chargers are fading fast, that plays against the Steelers, since Ravens play them. Only plus is that the game is in SD. However it plays out, Steelers may well need to win out to have a good chance of winning the Division and securing home field, which is where we want to be in January.

I wouldnt count that Chargers game with the Ravens on December 18th being totally meaningless for the Chargers just yet. The Chargers the next 3 weeks play the Broncos at home,play at Jacksonville,and play the Bills at home before hosting the Ravens a week later. I am going to predict that the Chargers will win the next 3 games and be 7-6 going into that Ravens game and still fighting for the division in that game. It will not be a pushover by any stretch for the Ravens.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2011, 09:44 PM
49ers are going to smack those punks in the mouth Thursday night......The 49ers D will shut down the Ravens offense......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I think the Chargers are going to get on a little run as well and keep things interesting in the AFC. It's important for the Steelers to get this win in KC as a potential tie breaker scenario later in the year, just in case.

Real Deal Steel
11-23-2011, 02:40 AM
When the smoke clears, we will win the division because we won't lose another game this season.

Deviouz1
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
As long as the Steelers keep winning and avoid the "return from bye week" lull that most teams have experienced this year, I don't see the Steelers losing another regular season game.

yeah, that always makes me nervous, especially in the playoffs. i think it would be in the steelers best interest to just keep on truckin rather than get a bye to start the playoffs. i liken it to a 20 mile hike. is it really worth it to take a nap at mile 17 and then have to crawl out of bed all sore and stiff? or should they just tough it out for the last 3 miles?

CowherPower
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Sooner or the later the Steelers will seize the opportunity and run with it. At some point we'll see them start blowing out teams and getting on long winning streaks that last for 2 months. Until then though they will just continue to be who they are and play in dog fights in games they shouldn't have to..LOL.

The Ravens play 3 of their last 5 games on the road where they are nowhere near as tough. The simple fact is the Steelers just have to win out and they will make the playoffs in some manner. Just get in and anything is possible.