PDA

View Full Version : How will the Steelers come out against the Chiefs?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2011, 01:08 AM
It's not uncommon for the Steelers to come out after a bye and just be sluggish and out of sync. It usually takes them almost the whole first half minimum to basically get it in year. Fortunately playing the Chiefs they won't have to worry about the opposing offense being some type of juggernaut capable of putting up 24 points on them in a quarter but still, I'd like to see them come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and really get off on a quick, positive note.

If they do get out to a slow start they, in theory, should be able to recover but it always drives me nuts regardless. Every team reacts to the game after their bye different, for the Steelers though they usually win the game after their off week. Overall at .676 Mike Tomlin's winning percentage (50-24), best among current coaches who have coached at least 60 games in the NFL.

LatrobePA
11-19-2011, 10:27 AM
From here on out every game is a must win one and should be treated that way.

JollyRob68
11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
From here on out every game is a must win one and should be treated that way.

I agree, every game is a must win. If Cincy can beat Balt once thats al we need for the division if we win every game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I think the Steelers will come out on fire in KC.....I think its going to be a blow out.....Steelers will score 35+

Sir Blitzelot
11-19-2011, 02:15 PM
27-6 Pittsburgh is my prediction.

Scorp
11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Steelers go in to KC firing on all cylinders and bbq the chiefs with their own kc masterpiece and silence their fans baby.

LevonKirkland99
11-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I sure hope they come out blazing against KC. Although they don't have a good record on Sunday nights. I still remember last year game against the Saints.

We should make a statement on defense.

steelersbabex25
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
KC was way overrated coming into the season, and now they've showed their true colors. No way the Steelers drop this game. 35-7 Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2011, 01:15 AM
KC has been hot and cold but I think they've been overrated as well. I would to see Arians come out against the Chiefs and go down field on the first drive. If we get up on them they won't be able to come back. I'd love to see a dink and dunk down the field for a few series and then hit Wallace or AB downtown. Come out firing, get ahead, and this one "should" be a win.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't know if the Chiefs are over-rated....They lost their best player Jamaal Charles for the season in week 2..........They lost one of their best defensive players in Eric Berry for the season......They also lost their top TE........All big blows to their team.....The Steelers can't lose to a very banged up Chiefs team and against a QB who will be making his 2nd career start in Tyler Palko......

steelersbabex25
11-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Even so, coming into this season KC was supposed to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and now they're at the bottom of a pretty awful division. The Steelers have had some big blows also, and they're still over .500.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Even so, coming into this season KC was supposed to be one of the best teams in the AFC, and now they're at the bottom of a pretty awful division. The Steelers have had some big blows also, and they're still over .500.

The Chiefs would be winning that division if they still had Charles....He is a dynamic player and really was their offense......Eric Berry is a special player on defense......The Steelers have lost some key players for some games but so far they havn't lost anybody of importance for the season yet.....

I think the Steelers still would have beaten a healthy Chiefs team and I expect a blow out win next Sunday night against this banged up Chiefs team......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
The Chiefs aren't used to winning like the Steelers are. They weren't built for the long haul, injury adjusting, type of mentality that the Steelers are. When Pittsburgh loses 3/4 of it's offensive line between training camp and week 2 of the regular season they are able to adjust after regaining their sea legs. When Hines goes down they have ample weapons ready to go. It just comes back to the longevity of the Steelers and how they keep themselves restocked year in and year out.

Ben was missing for 4 games last year and they went 3-1, you can't complain much about that. Now granted the Chiefs have lost some dynamic players but still I'd like our chances if we were in that situation.

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2011, 12:49 AM
The smart thing to do is play a conservative game. Run the ball and use low risk passes. If something deep opens up - go for it.

The only way we lose this game is if we commit turnovers. sacks and INT's are the source of most turnovers. I'd play it safe and we easily win this game....likely by a high margin. our defense alone should win this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
On the podcast special tonight (http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/entry/2011-11-22T18_39_33-08_00), Craig Wofley talked about the importance of coming out fast in the game and getting up on the Chiefs early. You can't let a team like this hang around that's fighting for their playoff lives right now. Control the ball, hit some big plays and take the crowd out of it. If you can survive the first quarter initial burst that the Chiefs will give you, and then make sure you don't let them hang around late, this game can be a success.

Mean Linebacker
11-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I would like to see the offense come out the same way they came out against the Patriots. Play with purpose, use the high percentage short passes to get rid of the ball quickly, and move the chains. If the offense can score early the Chiefs won't have the ability to mount a comeback. There is no reason the Steelers should lose this game. If they do they will be able to circle this one on the calendar as a big reason they did not make the playoffs.

Bucsfan4ever
11-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Saw in the sports news that Kyle Orton is now the new KC QB. Think they'll introduce him to the Steelers Sunday??