PDA

View Full Version : no Curtis Brown sightings so far

connecticutsteel
11-19-2011, 12:49 AM
It would seem that Coach lake has chosen to use Cortez Allen in the nickel and dime schemes instead of C Brown does anyone know why? other than Tez is better:banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2011, 02:02 AM
He's credited with 8 total tackles and 1 FF this season. He's played in 9 of the 10 games so far this season but has been used sparingly. Both Allen and Brown will be guys for the future, but at this point both Keenan Lewis and Will Gay are playing solid. Then you factor in Ryan Mundy as the additional Safety and there just isn't much playing time on defense for the young guys other than on ST.

Their time will come though.

connecticutsteel
11-19-2011, 03:23 AM
I know he plays special teams .I think thats where the tackles and fumble are from .I don't think he has played any corner but tez has

cmerrifield
11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Its partly because Brown had a hammy injury early in camp and preseason, so that gave Allen an opportunity and he seized it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Brown is contributing on special teams.......Really the corner play has been solid all year so Brown really hasn't asked to play much....His time will come next year....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Both Brown and Allen were fighting injuries during camp and preseason. Neither of them saw any significant snaps until the last 2 games of preseason so they are still really finding their way but Allen especially has been playing well with the chances he's been given.

It's nice to be able to say that our cornerbacks are playing well enough that we don't need the depth to come in.

K Train
11-20-2011, 10:55 PM
i think hes had back spasms and hamstring issues....and cortez has been playing pretty well, and lewis and gay have too....not really any reason to force him into the lineup

connecticutsteel
11-21-2011, 03:26 AM
I wasn't thinking in the context of forcing him in . I was thinking what a diamond in the rough C allen is:yellowthumb:

K Train
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
hard to tell really, cortez allen is still a complete unknown

Goodfrom55
11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Its partly because Brown had a hammy injury early in camp and preseason, so that gave Allen an opportunity and he seized it.

Kind of the same way Sanders was injured and Brown took advantage of it and is now the #2 guy.

K Train
11-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Kind of the same way Sanders was injured and Brown took advantage of it and is now the #2 guy.

kinda like how timmons was injured and woodley turned on beast mode their rookie years

its a good problem

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I fully expect Brown to make a contribution in the secondary in 2012, and who knows he may still yet this year. With the way the secondary has been playing this year I'm more than content with the starting 2 corners and Lewis coming in as a NB.

Brown and Allen will get their chances in the future but suddenly the secondary isn't as much of a liability as is years past.