PDA

View Full Version : Wallace, Pouncey, Wood, Troy among top Pro Bowl vote getters

steelersbabex25
11-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace is ninth overall in Pro Bowl voting with 377,615 votes through Nov. 15. Wallace is second at his position in the AFC, behind New Englandís Wes Welker.

Three Steelers players lead the voting in the AFC at their position, including center Maurkice Pouncey (142,930), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (203,794) and strong safety Troy Polamalu (92,630).

Fans can vote for the Steelers by clicking on Pro Bowl Ballot now through the conclusion of the Steelers game against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday, Dec. 19.

Pro Bowl squads will be announced on Tuesday, Dec. 27 and the game will be played on Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012 in Honolulu, Hawaii.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Wallace-among-top-Pro-Bowl-vote-getters-/661091c5-546f-4c47-9107-4c98131e5a47

That's a pretty good group of Steelers right there. I do have to say though that I'm very surprised that Woodley is leading in the AFC at linebacker.

K Train
11-18-2011, 10:50 AM
they all deserve it...ike and ben are being snubbed though

Speeed
11-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately, I think Ben's Pro Bowl days are over. He does deserve a shot, but people love to hate em'.

Deviouz1
11-18-2011, 11:14 AM
i dont think Ben will ever shake that "Rapelisberger" tag so most likely he will be snubbed for the rest of his career. ike just doesnt make the big plays. no pick 6's, very few Int's, no flashy plays etc... and since this is just a popularity contest youre kinda screwed if you dont get your name out there in a good way. personally i think the pro bowl, if it MUST be a voting process, should be voted on by the players. people are too fickle and very few actually know much about football. they just vote on whoever the media talks about the most and who has the prettiest hair.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM
it's a shame the Super Bowl will keep them from playing in the pro bowl

MDSteel15
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
If Ben doesn't get picked its a SHAM!!!

PITTxPRIDE
11-18-2011, 02:15 PM
AFC Squad will have a tough game if Pouncy isnt in that o line. plus im sick of seeing brady always getting the start for AFc

GO BEN!!!1:cope::cope::cope:

steelersbabex25
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
i dont think Ben will ever shake that "Rapelisberger" tag so most likely he will be snubbed for the rest of his career.

Why not? Vick shed his "I like to kill dogs" tag real quick.

Sir Blitzelot
11-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Hopefully, those guys won't have to make the trip to Hawaii, because they will be preparing for the other big game the week of the Pro Bowl.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Fortunately for Ben and other players that have gotten into trouble in the past; the fan voting only counts for a small percentage of the vote total. I would be, although couldn't say for certain, that fan vote has never actually determined who gets in and who doesn't. Meaning that just because a player gets a ton of votes doesn't mean that's the difference between making it or not if said player is on a bubble.

Most people have forgotten all about that stuff Ben did, the only ones that care anymore are a select few that can't let it go and have nothing else to complain about.

Ben should have the stats to be considered as atleast an alternate. Based on the way players drop out once the pro bowl gets closer he could very well make it if he's not voted in during the initial selection. Figure too that Peyton Manning is not going to be in the mix and Philip Rivers is having a bad year so far. Brady will most certainly get it of course.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Come Stiller Nation keep voting for Ben...I have voted for him......Brady, Big Ben, Schaub are having the best seasons for AFC QB's..........Schaub is one for the year....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I've voted for Ben several times so far. Also for Pouncey, Ike Taylor, Polamalu, Wallace and Heath Miller. I gave Starks several votes as well.

Nolrog
11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Hopefully, those guys won't have to make the trip to Hawaii, because they will be preparing for the other big game the week of the Pro Bowl.

Which is the stupidest part about the whole pro-bowl. The SB teams usually have a bunch of pro-bowlers on them that helped them get there. And those guys are automatically excluded by this stupidity. Move the damn game back to the following week.

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Ben most certainly deserves to be in the probowl.

Brady and Ben are by far the best QB's in the AFC this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
If Ike doesn't make the pro bowl this year, he never will. If you go by the stats alone then Ike would never make it but hopefully at somepoint the real voters that count will see that he deserves a chance to play in that game.

Rampage
11-22-2011, 01:37 PM
It would really be nice to see Wallace get in; he's definitely deserving of it. Although Pouncey had some hiccups early on, he seems to be grooving now that Starks is back and Foster has replaced Legursky.

Polamalu, eh. I think he's simply getting votes due to popularity, because while he has made some big plays, he has also left a lot on the field. Woodley, man, if he didn't miss the last few games (and it looks like the next) you would have to think he would be up there on the sack list. Heck, I think he only got bumped from the top five this week. Hopefully when he returns he can do what he was doing.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2011, 09:41 AM
The pro bowl is always a popularity contest; guys who don't deserve to be there always get in because of their reputation. It's nothing more than a week long vacation anymore for the players.

Ray Lewis will get in because he always does. Polamalu is having a good year but even if he wasn't he'd probably still get in.

LatrobePA
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I'll get a firestorm for this BUT, vote for Ben not Troy! Troy has done what this year so far?

Ben is having a monster year!

Mean Linebacker
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Troy has registered 62 Tackles and 1 Sack so far this season. His stats don't tell the story but he has been a factor in every game so far this season in my opinion. He is one of those guys that may not always make the play but the things that he does enable others to make the play.

Thisoneguy555
11-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Just because Ben and Ike aren't mentioned doesn't mean they aren't getting their fare share of votes. Ben is probably 2nd, maybe 3rd in AFC quarterback voting. AFC has no good quarterbacks this season, especially since Schaub was injured. Brady is at the top, next down just be default is Ben. I don't even know who the 3rd quarterback would be. Flacco? Hasselbeck? That's how big the drop off is after Ben.

Fans wont vote for Ike, he doesn't get any stats, but player and coaches would vote for him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he still pulled through

steelersbabex25
11-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Troy has registered 62 Tackles and 1 Sack so far this season. His stats don't tell the story but he has been a factor in every game so far this season in my opinion. He is one of those guys that may not always make the play but the things that he does enable others to make the play.

Troy could be having an awful season and he would still be voted into the probowl just because he's Troy.