PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Factoid About the Ravens

SteelDad
11-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Per Don Banks at SI.com...

The Ravens 3 losses have come against teams that run 4-3 defenses and their only win against a 4-3 team was against the Rams. The Bengals, who have beaten them 3 out of the last 4, run the 4-3 defense.

A harbinger of things to come perhaps????

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Bengals D could give them fits...

Makes you wonder why we didn't run some sort of 4-3, or did we??

LarryNJ
11-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't know how much that means, but last week was the first time I watched the Bengals this year. They are a totally different team and certainly have a good chance to beat the Ravens.

steelchamp204
11-16-2011, 03:04 PM
The Rat fans think the Bengals are still kind of a pushover. They got another thing coming. Dalton looks good for a rookie QB, there defense is good and young. I dont know if the Bengals will have Hall back at cb, if they do, I can see Joe throwing for 2-3 picks on sunday. They have a ballhawking secondary IMHO.

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Hall is on IR..

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Hall went on IR after rupturing his achilles in the game against us so that will hurt them.

The Ravens have indeed had a rough time dealing with teams that run a 43. The Bengals defense is near the top of the league against the run and overall. Their pass defense will suffer some now that Hall is out but they can get after the QB.

If they get to Flacco regularly he'll start screwing up like he always does.

In theory they should be able to slow down Ray Rice, that is if the Ravens decide to actually give him the ball..LOL

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Bring on the 4 - 3 cincy.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Ravens will win...Dalton wont handle the pressure

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Ravens will win...Dalton wont handle the pressure

I think so too, Suggs will single handedly rape and molest fire bush all game..

Speeed
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM
And they swap the D-Line in and out. This could be interesting . . .

Per Don Banks at SI.com...

The Ravens 3 losses have come against teams that run 4-3 defenses and their only win against a 4-3 team was against the Rams. The Bengals, who have beaten them 3 out of the last 4, run the 4-3 defense.

A harbinger of things to come perhaps????

K Train
11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
I think so too, Suggs will single handedly rape and molest fire bush all game..

misconception, suggs really only crushes the world against the steelers....other than that hes solid but unspectacular.

id bet a 1/3 of his 74.5 career sacks are against the steelers.

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
It's a shame but you're prolly right..

MattyVfromCT
11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
misconception, suggs really only crushes the world against the steelers....other than that hes solid but unspectacular.

id bet a 1/3 of his 74.5 career sacks are against the steelers.

suggs has 13.5 sacks against us in the regular season. then 5 of his 10 in the playoffs are against the us

coach
11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
If the Bungles beat the Rats this weekend, the Rats are even worse than I thought. It sucks to lose that troika of teams that they already lost to. But, they have embarrassed themsleves to the point where any repsectable team would come out and lay a beat down on their opponent. Anything less than a convincing win should make them really nervous about the remainder of their season. I hope Cinci actually beats them. Perhaps Lewis will stop doing that chicken dance then, because it sure is hard to get all fired up when you are losing to sub .500 teams.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Bengals D could give them fits...

Makes you wonder why we didn't run some sort of 4-3, or did we??

IMO, The Bengals were the most balanced, best team Steelers played all year. Should be an interesting match up when they play the Ravens. Go Cincy!

DBR96A
11-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Here's another interesting set of facts...

Against teams other than the Ravens, the Steelers are 7-1 so far this season. Against teams other than the Steelers, the Ravens are 4-3 so far this season.

SteelDad
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Baltimore has to have a serious case of red *** after that loss in Seattle so i just can't see them losing this one, but stranger things have happened and Cincy showed last week they have some nice receivers/TEs and they will force Benson down your throat.

LatrobePA
11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
IMO, The Bengals were the most balanced, best team Steelers played all year. Should be an interesting match up when they play the Ravens. Go Cincy!

I agree..

LevonKirkland99
11-17-2011, 10:12 AM
The ravens are going to get Rice and Ricky Williams involved in this game, I can assure you that. The Ravfans didn't like the fact they ran it 50 + times against the Seahawks.
If Marvin Lewis is a smart coach, maybe he can make the ravens one dimensional and stop RR and RW, just like the Seaahawks did.
Also, the fans are saying that Hardball didn't know how to prepare the team after the win against the Stillers. We;ll, that's bull#$%^ since Hardball doesn't control the offense and the defense. Doesn't Pagano? has total control of the defense and is the best thing since sliced bread for them. Cam cameron supposedly controls the offense and he is under fire this week.

I really think Marvin Lewis is going to put a heck of a game plan against them, and could win the game.

Cincy should win it for Dick Lebeau sake :) :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-17-2011, 10:34 AM
There was a lot of talk that Harbaugh was/ is too focused on the 49ers game coming up...

SteelDad
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
There was a lot of talk that Harbaugh was/ is too focused on the 49ers game coming up...

This wouldn't shock me a bit. The potential ESPN/NFLNetwork love-fest with the Baltimore/SanFran game is already making me puke and it hasn't even started yet.