PDA

View Full Version : Sanders could miss Chiefs game; Woodley still questionable

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Listening to Gerry Dulac on NFLNetwork tonight, he was asked about the status of the injured Steelers players.

He mentioned that it was a pretty good bet that Manny will probably miss the Chiefs game as his knee continues to heal up. Also Sanders posted on his facebook today that his knee is starting to heal up and he can't wait to get back on the field. He didn't give a timetable though for when he'll return but most seem to think if it's not for the Chiefs game it will be the following week. Normally procedures like this take about 3 weeks or so to heal up.

Jerricho Cotchery proved he is more than capable of stepping in, hauling in 1 Touchdown catch against the Bengals. He would have had 2 but the offense was called for a phantom penalty that I still have yet to see as a legitimate flag bearing offense. Nonetheless, Jerricho is a good addition for the Steelers and if he has to play in place of Sanders he'll do just fine. He's a younger version of Hines; plays tough and has decent speed.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
He talked about Woodley as well and how his status is still unknown at this point. It's early in the Steelers by week so there's still plenty of time for Woodley to be able to play depending on his hamstring heals up.

If you remember when Woodley went down in the Patriots game he was rushing and literally just fell to the ground. He grabbed the back of his leg and just dropped. It's believed to be a similar situation, but not as bad, as Andre Johnson from the Texans.

steelersbabex25
11-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Good thing we're so deep at WR..

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm all right with Wood missing one more. I would like him back for the Bengals rematch though.

I'm a big fan of Cotchery, I think he's more than able to step in and make plays..

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-16-2011, 04:50 PM
If Woodley misses the Chiefs game it won't be a big deal as that team is a mess anyways and will be destroyed by the Patriots Monday night. I kind of feel bad for the Chiefs, they play 2 games back to back in prime time slots and will probably be embarrassed in both games, not a good time to be a Chiefs fan.

Would definitely like to see Woodley back for the Bengals game or at least the 49ers game.

DanRooney
11-16-2011, 05:02 PM
This is the same crappy Chiefs team that beat us in '09. I really hope Woodley plays.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
He would have had 2 but the offense was called for a phantom penalty that I still have yet to see as a legitimate flag bearing offense. .

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was wondering about that myself.

--- Added 11/16/2011 at 05:32 PM ---

This is the same crappy Chiefs team that beat us in '09. I really hope Woodley plays.

Take nothing for granted, don't want this to turn out like the Steelers trip to Indy and make it a nail biter when it should not be.

Ravens gave us a gift by laying a stinker vs Seattle, don't want to give it right back with a clunker in KC.

JensK
11-16-2011, 07:44 PM
As always, if Woodley is not 100 % he should not go. Hamstrings are so tricky if not healed fully.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 09:34 PM
If there's any risk of him reinjuring that hamstring then let him sit one more week. He said he hopes to play next Sunday, but then again he said that last week too. Most of the bumps and bruises should be cleared up during the bye but if the Steelers make the playoffs you want Wood and Sanders back 100%.

I like our chances against the Chiefs whether Wood plays or not but it sure would be nice to see him out there.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
If there's any risk of him reinjuring that hamstring then let him sit one more week. He said he hopes to play next Sunday, but then again he said that last week too. Most of the bumps and bruises should be cleared up during the bye but if the Steelers make the playoffs you want Wood and Sanders back 100%.

I like our chances against the Chiefs whether Wood plays or not but it sure would be nice to see him out there.

Considering Cassel won't be playing, if I'm Tomlin, I sit him one more week, start Worilds and have Carter dress to back him up.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-16-2011, 11:16 PM

Not really.....Jamaal Charles is out for the season, Matt Cassel is probably out for the season, Eric Berry is out for the season.......Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB.....If the Steelers lose to a very banged up Chiefs team then the Steelers don't deserve to make the play-offs....

SnakeEyes43
11-17-2011, 08:32 AM
In itching to see Wood and Silverback out there together...but of course it's not worth his health.

connecticutsteel
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
My guess is that he plays and he will be 100% no worries :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Not really.....Jamaal Charles is out for the season, Matt Cassel is probably out for the season, Eric Berry is out for the season.......Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB.....If the Steelers lose to a very banged up Chiefs team then the Steelers don't deserve to make the play-offs....

I agree, there's no reason they should even allow the Chiefs to sniff a close game next Sunday night. Coming off a bye the Steelers do sometimes get a little sluggish but considering everything you've mentioned they should realistically blow them out.

If they can get out to an early lead they can make Palko throw it all day and that plays right into our hands...I would hope.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
I agree, there's no reason they should even allow the Chiefs to sniff a close game next Sunday night. Coming off a bye the Steelers do sometimes get a little sluggish but considering everything you've mentioned they should realistically blow them out.

If they can get out to an early lead they can make Palko throw it all day and that plays right into our hands...I would hope.

True, but these are the games that scare me the most. This situation is usually the type when we play down to the level of our competition. I hate games like this.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2011, 01:40 PM
It's not looking good for Sanders to play in this game so expect him to miss this one unless something changes later this week.

Woodley is still questionable at this point as the players are off until Monday. We'll know more later this week.