PDA

View Full Version : A Steeler vs Packers superbowl rematch

pimplydan
11-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I beleive it may be to early to make this assumption , but isn't it starting to look very realistic .
We were the only team in are division to win this week and with the help of our easy schedule we may control our destiny in the conference .

On the other hand , there is no sign of the Packers slowing down , so they already pretty much control their destiny in their conference .

Playoffs is a new season all together , you lose you go home ! Steelers can certainly beat any team in our conference and the Packers can do the same !

The question is , can we beat the Packers ?????

TampaSteelGirl
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
could be but with different outcome this time :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 06:20 PM
This year Steelers team would be better suited to beat them. You'll need to score a ton and their D isn't great..

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
If we had Pouncey last year we beat GB, i hope it is a rematch because i know we will beat the sh%! out of em:tt02::tt02:

K Train
11-15-2011, 07:18 PM
aaron rodgers is such a beast, but what a game that would be.

what a devastating loss though if it went down that way

Stairwayto7
11-15-2011, 07:24 PM
One game at a time! Today! I would say we aren`t ready for the Packers. But when healthy???

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Heading into week 11..don't jinx it dude. If we don't make it to the big dance I'm holding you personally responsible :yesnod:

Clevelandsux
11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
i wouldn't want to face gb again.They are better than last year and healthier. Our defense hasn't been getting turnovers and made joe flacco look like joe Montana.

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 07:54 PM
We're better than last year too..

LevonKirkland99
11-15-2011, 07:55 PM
There is no way in hell we're going to beat GB, as rodgers will shred our defense. The Truck driver coach will just have to pull the same script as last year.

K Train
11-15-2011, 07:58 PM
packers arent THAT good, rodgers is a master of the position but its not like they are the 2007 patriots.

and the 2007 patriots lost the superbowl

Clevelandsux
11-15-2011, 08:02 PM
packers look damn good to me. they could go undefeated. Rodgers looks unstoppable right now.

Sir Blitzelot
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
We should just focus on winning the AFC North first. Last time I checked, the Steelers are tied with two other pretty good teams at the top. One week at a time, nothing is guaranteed.

Scorp
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
It's what i would love to see. It's what many hardcore football fans would love to see. Should the Packers have their perfect record in tact and face the Steelers, it would make the rematch that much more mouthwatering. Steelers offense would be at a higher level than it was last super bowl. Their defense.....well, their defense definitely speaks for itself. I do believe it would be another close, tight game with the Steelers winning early in the 4th qtr. Believe me. I thought about this all off season and during the regular season.

--- Added 11/15/2011 at 06:32 PM ---

packers look damn good to me. they could go undefeated. Rodgers looks unstoppable right now.

They could if they faced the Chargers. :popcorn:

--- Added 11/15/2011 at 06:35 PM ---

We should just focus on winning the AFC North first. Last time I checked, the Steelers are tied with two other pretty good teams at the top. One week at a time, nothing is guaranteed.

You never know what you're going to get with the ravens. I think they would choke either way. And as for the bengals.....Chad Johnson once predicted they would make the playoffs. They did. But were one and done. They are not pretty good my brother. You ride with us Bro. The Pittsburgh Steeler train and if you look in the rear view mirror, far in the distance you will see the rest of the division. :cope: Steelers football rules.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Would be nice. Only problem I'd have is the ulcers coming back from last year. Lol.

connecticutsteel
11-16-2011, 12:36 AM
As bad as we played last year in Dallas we could have won the game if we scored on the drive that Mendy fumbled on . Also the packers are beatable anyone is beatable

harpo
11-16-2011, 04:38 AM
The Packers aren't invincible. They could very well be 6-3 right now if not for a slow start by the Saints, immaturity at the QB position by the Panthers and Rivers spotting them 14 pts. A team with a dominant front 4 will give them problems down the road, just like it did with the mighty 2007 Patriots.

And the team that beat the Patriots in the 2007 SuperBowl will be the team that either stops their winning streak or beat them in the playoffs.

Giants/Steelers in SuperBowl 46....:tt02:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I think GB is peaking too early and we are right on schedule..its entirely possible the Steelers would win that game. However, New England seems to be back on track and beating them twice in one season is no sure thing. I do believe that if we face the RAts in a playoff game, the likelihood of a win in ridiculously high. If everyone stays healthy, its going to be an interesting post season this year. :2cents:

SteelDad
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Too early for this, but I'll play the game....

In the event of a rematch it would come down to three things right now as I write this...

1. Getting off the field on 3rd down. ADV: Packers
2. Creating Turnovers. ADV: Packers
3. Scoring TDs and not kicking FGs. ADV: Packers

If we don't improve in those areas it won't matter.

mwittman5
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Too early for this, but I'll play the game....

In the event of a rematch it would come down to three things right now as I write this...

1. Getting off the field on 3rd down. ADV: Packers
2. Creating Turnovers. ADV: Packers
3. Scoring TDs and not kicking FGs. ADV: Packers

If we don't improve in those areas it won't matter.

Remember the Steelers committed 3 turnovers in the superbowl including a pick six and only lost by 6. Just have to play a turnover free game.

SteelDad
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Remember the Steelers committed 3 turnovers in the superbowl including a pick six and only lost by 6. Just have to play a turnover free game.

No doubt about it. I would like our chances should this rematch occur, but I just want to get there first.:yesnod:

K Train
11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
i drank myself into an oblivion that night, another superbowl loss i might not make it

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 01:53 PM
i drank myself into an oblivion that night, another superbowl loss i might not make it

My drinking didn't stop there...

K Train
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
my friends told me i was kind of a handful to deal with....whoops :-)

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
My parents lost their dog that day! F'n remote flew like rocket!! lol

Scorp
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
My parents lost their dog that day! F'n remote flew like rocket!! lol

:cope:...:lol:...:yellowthumb:

Sir Blitzelot
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Same here dude. I have recurring nightmares about that game. Oh, what could have been? :evilshake:

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Key to beating GB is similar to what the Steelers did against NE - play keep away with the ball and be physical with the GB WR's. Their defense is suspect, but opportunistic. If you make a mistake, they will kill you. If you play mistake (turnover) free football, you have a chance.

Steel Trap86
11-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd like to see us beat the Ravens in the playoffs first, I don't want the Steelers going to the Superbowl having been swept by the Ravens lol just doesn't sit well

Scorp
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see us beat the Ravens in the playoffs first, I don't want the Steelers going to the Superbowl having been swept by the Ravens lol just doesn't sit well

It would be sweet if they met in the championship game again. Steelers crush their dreams once more.

Sir Blitzelot
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM

I don't care who the Steelers beat to get there, just as long as they get there, with a chance to bring number seven home...

pimplydan
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Last years superbowl was a very close game , no 3 picks and no Emmanuel Sanders going down it would have been a whole different ball game.

Sanders could have made a difference in that game especially on the last drive , Randle-El was off the mark .

mos07
11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I was sick for 10 yrs b/t SB 30 and SB 40.....and now again. Bring on the BIG GAME before SB 50 ...

I will take the Pack or the Cowboys - this year or the next or the next............unfinished business - I need closure on those losses...........

jtretz
12-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I am looking at all the teams that are possibly going to the post season and I really think the only team that is capable of taking out the Greengay Packers is the Steelers! The other four can't do it because........................................... ......................

New England has the offense but not the defense to do it!
The Ratbirds have the defense but not the offense to do it!
The Texans have no quarterback!
The Broncos have Teebow and Jesus but they need help from GOD Himself!

The Steelers have the Offense to keep up with them and the Defense to make a few key stops. We don't turn over the ball and we win our 7th. (Then I need to get rid of all my Steeler gear that says "6 superbowl championships"):cope:

Clevelandsux
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
They already had a thread about this. I don't buy anything that says 6 time champs, because I know we can get 7 anytime. Good problem to have.

LevonKirkland99
12-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I watched GB this past Sunday, and Rodgers looked so accurate with the receivers, not sure who would beat them.

Let's hope its the Steelers making another run...7Th Heaven:rant2:

Blazedby92
12-07-2011, 01:23 AM
They already had a thread about this. I don't buy anything that says 6 time champs, because I know we can get 7 anytime. Good problem to have.

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Steelers/PSU Fan
12-07-2011, 04:21 AM
49ers or Saints could knock off the Packers in the NFC playoffs this year, won't be surprised if Saints win the NFC.

Goodfrom55
12-07-2011, 09:06 AM
It's a matter of defenses and I believe the Saints can match the Packers' fire power on offense, but have a much better defense. IF they meet in the NFCCG in GB, and the weather is "decent", I give the Saints a legit shot to get it done.

coldrolled
12-07-2011, 10:12 AM
We will need jesus to boost our pass rush up a notch to stop rodgers. heath can start the prayer session for that request. if we can put pressure on rodgers they will lose.

SteelDad
12-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm not ready to go here yet.... The Packers are outstanding especially on offense. Stopping Rodgers is difficult. Their defense gives up points and yards but they seem to always create turnovers too. I would not be surprised to see them lose in the playoffs simply because the ball can't keep bouncing their way all the time.

Big T
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I just can't see the Steelers beating the Packers at this point. Aaron Rodgers is just playing out of his mind.

Troyisabeast_43
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Losing to the Packers in the SB two years in a row would be absolutely devistating. If there does happen to be a rematch the Steelers MUST find a way to win. Keep in mind in that game last year in February the Steelers turned the ball over 3 times and still only lost by 6 points and had a chance to win the game in the final 2 minutes with a TD. Dont turn the ball over against the Packers and create at least 1 or 2 turnovers against Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers have an excellent chance to beat the Pack if there is a rematch. However, like a lot of people mentioned above it wont surprise me at all if the Saints took out the Packers in the NFC Championship game. They almost beat them on opening night at Lambeau and should they both meet again in the playoffs I think the Saints have a real legit shot of knocking the Packers out. Like SteelDad mentioned as well the longer the Packers keep winning the more the odds swing less in their favor of them having a bad game along the way and slipping up. All it takes is one time and if they go into the Super Bowl or NFC Title game unbeaten the pressure on the Packers to win is going to be enormous...

Clevelandsux
12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd rather lose in the playoffs than lose in the Super Bowl again. It was such an emotionally draining experience last year. However, I would love to get even with the Pack. Hey the Pens lost to the Red wings in 08, but beat them the next year!

Unfortunately, the pack look unbeatable right now.

Stairwayto7
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Anything can happen still. Injuries?? We havent even locked up a playoff spot yet. So way to early in my opinion

coldrolled
12-08-2011, 08:33 AM
We would need to play the pack like we played the patriots this year.

Ben would need to not lose the balls and give up 14 free points or was it 21?

We can win that.. Probably easier than we can win against the saints.