PDA

View Full Version : Clark/Polamalu failed big time on that TD pass to Green

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-15-2011, 05:37 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8240ebf6/WK-10-Can-t-Miss-A-J-Green-schools-Polamalu

If you want to watch the highlight again it's above, that ball was floated right in there into double coverage and they just let Green catch it.....Polamalu looked up and saw it coming, I'm guessing he was afraid of a pass interference call or saw Clark and thought he was going to make a play on it or something. But you got to jump up and punch or intercept that ball. It seems like Polamalu has had alot of success blitzing and making huge plays for us throughout the years when we needed it, but sometimes as a coverage guy I question him.

JensK
11-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Clark is just flat-out terrible in coverage. Polamalu could not really make a play on the ball as he was behind it and woulda, as you said, most likely have made PI. You have to give credit to Green though. It was one hell of a play.

coldrolled
11-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Who do we blame for zero points scored in the 4th qtr? Arians... Ben... ?

This is why we lose... when we do lose.. we score zero in at least one qtr per game sometimes 2 qtrs, this always guarantees a nail biter if not a loss...

Our defense is holding teams under 20 all year. Everyone scores... they get paid to make plays too...

cmerrifield
11-15-2011, 08:34 AM
I watched that play, I think Troy was going to make a play until he saw Clark coming. He takes his eyes off the ball for a second to look at Clark and then misses the play. If Clark would quit pretending like he can help and stay out of Troy's way, I think Troy breaks up that pass.

harpo
11-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Polamalu should've made a play on the ball. Regardless of whether or not Clark "distracted" him, he should not have taken his eyes off the ball. That's no excuse. You see guys on the same team collide all the time trying to make a play on the ball.

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Troy was a fan allowed to be on the field during that play!

harpo
11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Troy was a fan allowed to be on the field during that play!

LMAO......exactly. He looked lost out there.:lol::hilarious:

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't get it, he made NO attempt to bat the ball down...

SnakeEyes43
11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't know why Troy was watching like he thought Clark could make the play...has he ever? All Clark is good for is a few sticks every game. I'd honestly rather see Mundy out there.

And I like Clark, he's seems like a great guy and he's a very hard player, but he is pretty bad in coverage most of the time.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Both Troy and Ryan had good position on that coverage and either one of them could have and should have come down with it or atleast knocked it away. Ryan had the better position but he was bent over sideways & backwards so he wasn't able to make a play. Polamalu just kind of stood there and didn't even jump, seemingly because I'm guessing he thought Ryan was going to get it.

Either way neither of them jumped and it turned into a pretty easy catch for Green to make even in double coverage.

How one of you don't come down with it is beyond me though, somebody knock it down!

K Train
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
move on people, AJ green today is better than chad johnson was yesterday, a legit elite WR with hands and adjustments to the ball that legit rivals randy moss. the fact that it was him that came down with that ball does not surprise me at all, the man is an acrobat

Stairwayto7
11-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I blame Clark he turned his hands to catch the ball instead of defending it.

Also I thought Troy got tripped up just a bit right before green went up!

Scorp
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Troy could have easily batted that ball down or intercepted it. They gave it to him tied in a bow. It's ok. We won.

Stairwayto7
11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
I swear though that Troy looked down at Clark and figured he had it????

connecticutsteel
11-16-2011, 12:43 AM
UMMM HELLO AJ GREEN IS AFOOT TALLER THAN TROY NOT TO MENTION HE WAS 9 FT IN THE AIR WHEN HE MADE THE CATCH. He would have bumped Clark or have been called for pass interfearence. I love how some people question others efforts like they could do better .Plus it's no biggy we won remember?

steelchamp204
11-16-2011, 02:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8240ebf6/WK-10-Can-t-Miss-A-J-Green-schools-Polamalu

If you want to watch the highlight again it's above, that ball was floated right in there into double coverage and they just let Green catch it.....Polamalu looked up and saw it coming, I'm guessing he was afraid of a pass interference call or saw Clark and thought he was going to make a play on it or something. But you got to jump up and punch or intercept that ball. It seems like Polamalu has had alot of success blitzing and making huge plays for us throughout the years when we needed it, but sometimes as a coverage guy I question him.

We all saw the play lmfao. It was mostly on Clark which we all know sucks at coverage. I think this year in the draft we draft a safety to replace him in 2 years. But yea, we saw the play.

harpo
11-16-2011, 04:46 AM
So Polamalu gets a pass for taking his eyes off the ball, but Clark gets blamed for being 'bad' in coverage and distracting him. :lol:

steelchamp204
11-16-2011, 05:10 AM
So Polamalu gets a pass for taking his eyes off the ball, but Clark gets blamed for being 'bad' in coverage and distracting him. :lol:

Clark had a better chance on the play than Troy did if you rewatch it. Troy doesnt get a pass, well maybe he does since hes bailed us out alot. I never see Clark bailing us out at all. Only thing I remember clark doing is knocking out wes welker, talking trash to Brady and getting shitted on by him, Not being there to help gay out when the ravens drove 92 yards on us(well atleast the last play) calling a guy a "retard" on the radio,Making rediculous comments about his last fine.etc etc

harpo
11-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Clark had a better chance on the play than Troy did if you rewatch it.

In looking at the video in regular speed, at the 0:06 mark, I see Polamalu running with A.J. Green and Ryan Clark coming into the picture. At the 0:07 mark, Polamalu has his arms engaged with Green, vying for position to make a play on the ball. Ryan Clark looks like he may be about 2 or 3 feet away but enters the play and starts looking up at the ball. As the ball nears, you see Ryan Clark puts his hands up to try and intercept the ball, but A.J. Green is in a higher (better) position to make the catch.

Yes, Clark is not very good in coverage but at least he (Clark) tried to make a play by thinking he could intercept the ball. What did Polamalu do? Nothing. He took his eyes off the ball and allowed Green to get into position to make the catch.

Troy doesnt get a pass, well maybe he does since hes bailed us out alot. I never see Clark bailing us out at all. Only thing I remember clark doing is knocking out wes welker, talking trash to Brady and getting shitted on by him, Not being there to help gay out when the ravens drove 92 yards on us(well atleast the last play) calling a guy a "retard" on the radio,Making rediculous comments about his last fine.etc etc

Polamalu always gets a pass from most Steeler fans....no matter how bad he plays.

You've never seen Clark bail the Steelers out? Ever?

Well, who was it that forced that fumble on Ray Rice last year in the playoffs that led to a touchdown? Also, who was it that picked off Flacco in last year's playoffs, which led to the Steelers tying the game?

I'll wait for your answer.....

Big T
11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
AJ Green is an absolute monster, so it wasn't surprising he came down with that. But it was clear that Troy was setting up to make a play on the ball, then Ryan Clark came barreling in to "save the day" and f*cked him up.

steelers4life66
11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I watched that play, I think Troy was going to make a play until he saw Clark coming. He takes his eyes off the ball for a second to look at Clark and then misses the play. If Clark would quit pretending like he can help and stay out of Troy's way, I think Troy breaks up that pass.

Breaks up?? That was a int for Troy if Clack had stayed out of the way.:lol:

steelchamp204
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
In looking at the video in regular speed, at the 0:06 mark, I see Polamalu running with A.J. Green and Ryan Clark coming into the picture. At the 0:07 mark, Polamalu has his arms engaged with Green, vying for position to make a play on the ball. Ryan Clark looks like he may be about 2 or 3 feet away but enters the play and starts looking up at the ball. As the ball nears, you see Ryan Clark puts his hands up to try and intercept the ball, but A.J. Green is in a higher (better) position to make the catch.

Yes, Clark is not very good in coverage but at least he (Clark) tried to make a play by thinking he could intercept the ball. What did Polamalu do? Nothing. He took his eyes off the ball and allowed Green to get into position to make the catch.

Polamalu always gets a pass from most Steeler fans....no matter how bad he plays.

You've never seen Clark bail the Steelers out? Ever?

Well, who was it that forced that fumble on Ray Rice last year in the playoffs that led to a touchdown? Also, who was it that picked off Flacco in last year's playoffs, which led to the Steelers tying the game?

I'll wait for your answer.....

O, Clark made them plays, but I forgot with all the ****ups he makes. Yea, Clark did mess up Troy when it came down to this play. Even if Clark didnt get in the way you really think Troy would have won a jump ball with Aj Green? Sorry, Troy does get alot of passes because for every fail he does, he does about 8 things right before he fails so I would say about a 8:1 ratio which is pretty good. Plus your talking about a top 4 safety of all-time. Clark will never get a pass, if he does maybe once in a great blue moon but thats it. Plus sometimes you gotta give the opponet credit, which it seems you dont want to do.