PDA

View Full Version : Billick gets extension!!

Ambridge
01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/9937329

Ravens extend Billick's contract

NFL.com wire reports

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (Jan. 17, 2007) -- The Baltimore Ravens extended coach Brian Billick's contract following the best season in franchise history.

The team simply sent out a one-line statement to make the announcement, and promised no further details or discussion.

Asked about his contract on Jan. 15, Billick made it clear he would prefer the situation remain a personal matter.

"I hope you don't misunderstand why I am hesitant to talk about my contract going forward," he said. "Beyond the personal side, it's not very comfortable to sit and pick up the paper and read your personal finances all over the page."

Billick's current contract was to last through 2007 and his future with the team was in doubt after a disappointing 2005 season. But the team went 13-3 before being eliminated from the playoffs with a 15-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

In nine seasons under Billick, Baltimore is 75-53. His nine seasons as coach is tied with Philadelphia's Andy Reid for the third-longest current run in the NFL behind Jeff Fisher of Tennessee (13) and Denver's Mike Shanahan (12).

Whatever the length of the extension is(I'll guess two years)I'll bet "Egghead" Billick never sees the end of it and gets the boot before hand.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/th_billclaw.jpg
JERK!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey there is a bigger mystery then Billick getting an extension in the NFL. Its the fact Matt Millen keeps his job every year with the Lions. But back to Billick I think this dude is so over-rated. The so called offensive genius hasn't really done much with the Ravens offense over the years.

Ambridge
01-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey there is a bigger mystery then Billick getting an extension in the NFL. Its the fact Matt Millen keeps his job every year with the Lions. But back to Billick I think this dude is so over-rated. The so called offensive genius hasn't really done much with the Ravens offense over the years.

Billick is way over-rated and I think Matt Millen must have some dirt on the Ford Family in order not to have been fired by now. :lol:

Billick's offensive game plan looked pretty pathetic this past Saturday.
Jim Fassel could have done just as good/bad.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2007, 08:11 PM
These ratbird fans act like he's the Messiah and McNair is some sort of god ! How well did that get ya in the playoffs dude, not too far, AGAIN !

House of Steel
01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Two more years of Pudding Love in Purplemore, the hell with them. Least we never had a coach that looked like a total *** on the MATCH GAME. NO LIPS BILLICK.