PDA

View Full Version : Cam Heyward dubbed most dissapointing

connecticutsteel
11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Cam Heyward was listed as a disappointing rookie on a list of 5.
All he is asked to do is mainly hold the point . I think as he gets stronger he will get more sacks and tackles for a loss.

Five rookie disappointments

Cam Heyward, DE, Steelers (first-rounder, 31st overall): He's played in all nine games but hasn't stood out in any way. While he's a good hold-the-point defender, he doesn't seem to be involved in big plays. It surprises me, because from what I saw at Ohio State, I thought Heyward would do more.

Mark Ingram, RB, Saints (first-rounder, 28th overall): He's averaging under 4.0 yards per carry in a crowded backfield. Ingram's missed time because of injury, and his longest play is 20 yards. He'll pass protect but doesn't look like he has the quickness you want in a back. He'll be a good player, but not special. If the Saints traded up again, they would have gone in a different direction.

Corey Liuget (http://www.nfl.com/players/coreyliuget/profile?id=LIU237308), DL, Chargers (first-rounder, 18th overall): He's started six games which matches his tackle total and no sacks. After I watched him at his pro day, I expected more out of him than I've seen. Right now, he's not doing anything special.

Robert Quinn (http://www.nfl.com/players/robertquinn/profile?id=QUI715221), DE, Rams (first-rounder, 14th overall): He has yet to start a game and made a minimal impact. Quinn's played better of late, with a sack in consecutive games to go with a blocked kick. However, because of his physical skills, speed and quickness we expected more. He didn't play football in 2010 so maybe it's taking time to get back in the flow. He'll eventually be a good pass rusher.

Derek Sherrod (http://www.nfl.com/players/dereksherrod/profile?id=SHE770897), OT, Packers (first-rounder, 32nd overall): He's been inactive six times, and the fact that Marshall Newhouse (http://www.nfl.com/players/marshallnewhouse/profile?id=NEW220274) stepped in when Chad Clifton (http://www.nfl.com/players/chadclifton/profile?id=CLI075046) went down shows you Sherrod isn't quite ready to play. As he gets stronger, Sherrod will fulfill expectations.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-14-2011, 06:32 PM
link?

K Train
11-14-2011, 06:38 PM
thats a pretty terrible list and breakdown all together

connecticutsteel
11-14-2011, 06:43 PM
thats a pretty terrible list and breakdown all together

I think who ever wrote this is on crack Aldon smith isn't close to what kearse was

--- Added 11/14/2011 at 04:43 PM ---

Pouncey is better than weisnewski

Ibleedblk&gld
11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
pouncey isn't a rookie (unless you mean Mike Pouncey)

connecticutsteel
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
pouncey isn't a rookie (unless you mean Mike Pouncey)
Yes i mean mike but Markice was better last year too

Zachintosh66
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
ridiculous... hes barley played, not that that means anything in Dicks system, Troy didnt even start right away, either did Casey, Timmons... hell Harrison got cut

the article is a waste of my time, :lol:

CoachC
11-14-2011, 07:22 PM
That list is a joke... wow... I think Cam has done the things that we needed him to do thus far... I'm good with him

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I just farted! Would they like to report on it? It would have as much meaning!!

Clevelandsux
11-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Ya but in general our defense hasn't done much as a unit. My big dissapointment has been Jason Worilds. I think the coaches have even lost confidence in him,

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2011, 11:01 PM
How you can label a guy a disappointment before the season is over is beyond me. It's not like the Steelers 34 scheme is an easy one to adjust too. It's probably, well not probably it is, the most difficult position to learn as a young player. That's saying something considering the amount of things the linebackers are asked to do. Heyward has the raw physical tools to be great but you don't expect 34 lineman to come out and get 7 sacks and 50 Tackles in their first year, it just doesn't happen.

SnakeEyes43
11-14-2011, 11:07 PM
F' that list in it's bootyhole.

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 12:34 AM
F' that list in it's bootyhole.

You took the words right out of my great grandmothers mouth! lol

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Heyward will be more of a factor next season. After a full off-season of training and prep.

But he's nowhere near a dissapointment for us.

uclkyle
11-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Complete joke......Cam will catch on, tough to pick up the D.

K Train
11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
i havent been disappointed in his play at all....hes miles ahead of where evander was as a rookie (and 2nd year for that matter)

Stairwayto7
11-15-2011, 12:36 PM
The Steelers rarely draft players that have to make an immediate impact, rarely do rookies start for us. Heyward is coming along, he`ll be fine. Rate this draft class in 3 to 5 years

Clevelandsux
11-15-2011, 07:41 PM
remember polamalu didn't do much his rookie year.

K Train
11-15-2011, 07:46 PM
remember polamalu didn't do much his rookie year.

its funny that people use this, but i remember soooo many bust conversations about mendenhall and timmons their rookie year.

i really think heyward has done a lot of good things when he gets on the field, nothing to show me he wont be the stack and shed DE i expect him to be. this list is dumb like hes supposed to be julius peppers, the fact that you dont notice him is a good thing

Stairwayto7
11-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I thought he started to come on this week. He wasnt playing at all the first few weeks, then the injuriues came. This kid is a player, I remember the thread earlier this year how he impressed our veterans, that good enough for me!

connecticutsteel
11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Rookies like Andy Dalton and AJ Green are put in low risk situations like the west coast passing game . Cam Heyward is in one of if not the most complex Defensive schemes in the world and they expect him to be Julius Peppers . The other part to this equation is his father was a well know beloved player so there are some additional expectations

harpo
11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Ok, why wasn't Ziggy getting the 'benefit of the doubt' that Cam is getting? LOL :lol::hilarious:

SteelDad
11-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Normally I'd ask for a link, but it doesn't matter because whoever wrote this does not know a damn thing about the 3-4 or football in general.

K Train
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok, why wasn't Ziggy getting the 'benefit of the doubt' that Cam is getting? LOL :lol::hilarious:

he actually was....and he was getting molested off the ball for his first 24 games or so. cam isnt having that problem

harpo
11-16-2011, 10:33 AM
he actually was....and he was getting molested off the ball for his first 24 games or so. cam isnt having that problem

As I recall, a LOT of people were saying he was a 'bust' after week 8 (some may have said it before then). (LOL:lol:)

They weren't taking into account that he was "a rookie trying to learn a Dick LeBeau complex defense." and that Aaron Smith didn't blossom until, what, his 5th or 6th season? :lol:

coldrolled
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
As I recall, a LOT of people were saying he was a 'bust' after week 8 (some may have said it before then). (LOL:lol:)

They weren't taking into account that he was "a rookie trying to learn a Dick LeBeau complex defense." and that Aaron Smith didn't blossom until, what, his 5th or 6th season? :lol:

Arians is in his 5th or 6th season... Maybe he will blossom too.... :crossfingers:

Oh i forgot dead wood is eaten by worms... Ratbirds eat worms... :grin1:

harpo
11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Arians is in his 5th or 6th season... Maybe he will blossom too.... :crossfingers:

Oh i forgot dead wood is eaten by worms... Ratbirds eat worms... :grin1:

LOL.....ok, why did you bring up Arians? :lol:

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
LOL.....ok, why did you bring up Arians? :lol:

I love the BA digs, keep it up maybe someone higher up will hear us!! lol

K Train
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM

the thing with hood is i never thought he was a bad player, but he was a bad pick and a terrible fit for the defense...theve been able to make it work and it took time which is fine but even now his on field play leaves much to be desired EXCEPT when hes playing nose, then hes spectacular

heyward is the perfect fot for this defense and he doesnt look overwhelmed when he sees the field in limited action

harpo
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
the thing with hood is i never thought he was a bad player, but he was a bad pick and a terrible fit for the defense...theve been able to make it work and it took time which is fine but even now his on field play leaves much to be desired EXCEPT when hes playing nose, then hes spectacular

heyward is the perfect fot for this defense and he doesnt look overwhelmed when he sees the field in limited action

I don't discredit anything you're saying about Ziggy. But I figured he could make it work if he was given adequate time in doing so. I just think that some people were wrong to write him off after his 1st season of limited playing time.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
These people who make these lists are morons. . .that he is on the field and contributing as a rookie is impressive. Like all rookies, especially in the Steelers Defense, there is a learning curve. Once he stops thinking and just plays instinctively, he will be a terror.

connecticutsteel
11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
OK first off Cam Heyward is expected to be better on his worst day than Hood is on his best day.Everyone except the Steelers were scratching their head when Ziggy Hood's name was called at the end of the first round . Don't get it twisted i'm a Ziggy Hood fan but i'm quite certain the Steelers could have drafted some other DT with better results

pimplydan
11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
These people who make these lists are morons. . .that he is on the field and contributing as a rookie is impressive. Like all rookies, especially in the Steelers Defense, there is a learning curve. Once he stops thinking and just plays instinctively, he will be a terror.

I was going to say about the same thing in my own words , but then I read this .Your right on the money Harrison .:plus1:

K Train
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
OK first off Cam Heyward is expected to be better on his worst day than Hood is on his best day.Everyone except the Steelers were scratching their head when Ziggy Hood's name was called at the end of the first round . Don't get it twisted i'm a Ziggy Hood fan but i'm quite certain the Steelers could have drafted some other DT with better results

i love you

connecticutsteel
11-19-2011, 12:54 AM
i love you

lol likewise

JollyRob68
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I see nothing wrong with Cam, He's a Rookie in a Steelers34D, Nothing wrong with Ziggy he plays everything from 5tech,NT and doesn't come off the field. I have a bigger problem with Casey please dont chop block me while I go backwards Hamption.
Bring on Hoke & McLendon. I think with Ziggy,McLendon & Hayward we'll be set in the future. Keisel is still good to go and we can continue to draft more D lineman. We really need Inside LB's.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2011, 02:01 PM
We won't see the real results of what Heyward can do until 2012. By then the Steelers Smith and most likely Hampton will be gone, you'll be seeing Heyward on the field a lot more in the rotation. I expect, and hope, that he'll make a pretty significant jump from year 1 to year 2.