PDA

View Full Version : Big number 34

PITTxPRIDE
11-14-2011, 01:22 PM
As you know Rashard is and has been my favorite since he first staerted and it made me very happy to see him breakout with those two touchdowns, ive kept faith in all season (and in my fantasy line up)
eveyone who is a rashard fan post a big :helmet::tt02::cope:

K Train
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
hopefully one day he can give a redman like second effort and score a TD on the goal line against a good defensive front

oh wait, nevermind

Clevelandsux
11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
not a fan of mendenhall. Too much dancing, fumbling. Too inconsistant.

pimplydan
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I like him he has done more good than bad , he and redmen are a good one two punch. it's unfair to compare these two they are totally different style runners, Mendy can breakout around the corners as of Redmen will plow right up the middle . I like them both .

Ibleedblk&gld
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
hopefully one day he can give a redman like second effort and score a TD on the goal line against a good defensive front

my thoughts exactly :reddevil:

i'd like to see redmand and mendy in the backfield together...just to see what they could come up with

K Train
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
not a fan of mendenhall. Too much dancing, fumbling. Too inconsistant.

mendenhall has 6 career fumbles in 4 years....including 1 this year

same time span, adrian peterson has 18 (not counting 4 his rookie year since hes been in the league longer)

chris johnson has 8, and was drafted the same year, jonathan stewart with 10, jamal charles with 10, darren mcfadden with 14,

ray rice has 5, 1 less than mendenhall and is considered one of the more reliable ball carriers in the league, yet mendenhall is labeled as having fumblisitis

jerome bettis as a steelers for the first 4 years has 16 fumbles, willie parker had 17

please by all means, hate on mendenhall....but lets not call him a fumbler, and hes no where near as inconsistent as the line blocking for him, but he does dance....i guess ill give you that...but he also "dances" for positive yards and TDs

aaronsmith91
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Best east-west runner I have ever seen

TheButt
11-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Best east-west runner I have ever seen

ew yeah thats a good one..... :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2011, 08:15 PM

same time span, adrian peterson has 18 (not counting 4 his rookie year since hes been in the league longer)

chris johnson has 8, and was drafted the same year, jonathan stewart with 10, jamal charles with 10, darren mcfadden with 14,

ray rice has 5, 1 less than mendenhall and is considered one of the more reliable ball carriers in the league, yet mendenhall is labeled as having fumblisitis

jerome bettis as a steelers for the first 4 years has 16 fumbles, willie parker had 17

please by all means, hate on mendenhall....but lets not call him a fumbler, and hes no where near as inconsistent as the line blocking for him, but he does dance....i guess ill give you that...but he also "dances" for positive yards and TDs

Problem with Mendenhall is we have seen glimpses of him being really damn good at times and then other games were I'm just WTF?....Yes the Steelers OL is very poor in their run blocking so I agree a better OL would help Rashard greatly.....I don't hate him and actually I was a huge fan of him when he played at Illinois which I was thrilled when he fell to the Steelers in the 2008 draft.....But so far I don't think he has become as good as I thought he was going to be......I don't think he will see contract number 2 from the Steelers since RB's are dime a dozen unless you have AP as your RB.....His 2nd TD run against the Bengals was great though and that is what I expect out of him.....Trust me I hope I see more of those type of run the rest of the season.....

steelers4life66
11-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Thinking maybe he got that tag cuz of the fumble in the sb at a time when gb couldn't stop us and we were in scoring range.:2cents:

BTW, I'm not a big fan either. It's not the fumble thing. I just don't like the dancing around thing and the inconsistency.

Clevelandsux
11-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Why is it Redman can get positive yardage and Mendenhall cant. I've hated him since that fumble in the sb. Plus running his mouth about the whole bin ladin thing. I will never own a Mendenhall jersey. My favs. are Woodley, Troy P, Harrison, Hines, Wallace, Keisel. I like Ben as a player, but not as a person.

SnakeEyes43
11-14-2011, 10:15 PM
The fumble label is complete B.S., but I do hate how inconsistent Mendy is. He shows flashes of greatness one game, and then is MIA the next. It's a little frustrating, but he's still a great back to have.

As far as he and Redman go, they both have different talents and uses in the run game, but Mendy is the far more talented of the two. And the "one-two punch" needs to be implemented far more imo. They have pretty different styles, and I think a lot of Steeler fans appreciate Redman's "lower the shoulder and get the tough yards" style of running. Redman isn't the biggest or the strongest, but he fights so 'effin hard for every yard. Mendy has superior speed, agility, blocking abiltiy and probably pure strength. Redman is just a tough little SOB. I really like both backs and to me both are a great asset.

Blazedby92
11-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Mendy isn't a pimple on any of those RB's Arses.
Oh he's good cause he doesnt fumble, well that's good because if he does fumble it will usually be out of bounds or it's a good thing the ground can't cause a fumble cause that's usually where he's at after first contact.

He does have a pretty spin, lol

uclkyle
11-15-2011, 01:17 AM

You can throw all the stats about fumbling out the window after the Super Bowl fumble. I think most people would agree that was the turning point in Super Bowl and was SO very costly. So yes, I think the fumbling is an issue if for nothing else, that alone. Sorry bud, #34 is on the fast train outa the Burg.

harpo
11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
I've never liked Medenhall. I've said from the start that he's inconsistent and dances too much instead of hitting the hole. He used to spin around ALL the time when initiating contact. Although he has toned that aspect of his game down a bit, you still see him do it from time to time. When running at full speed, he carries the ball in an unorthodox way (swinging around) instead of holding it high to his chest. He doesn't run square when initiating contact. I've also noticed that the more he gets hit, he becomes more timid and sometimes even avoids contact.

I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but I don't like him as a RB. I'm waiting to see what Barron Batch can do.

K Train
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
the superbowl fumble that was caused by our retarded left guard? cool lol

someone a while back said it that steelers fans dont like mendenhall because hes not jerome bettis....its THAT simple. I think he gets contract #2 personally and i dont think he'll be that expensive

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
He can be a punishing type runner sometimes then others he seems to go down with a breeze, I don't get him sometimes..

I still think he's our best RB by far...

K Train
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
not every kind of good run is a violent one though, i dont get what you people dont see about that. bettis had some of the sweetest feet ive ever seen, but he was fat and had to just blow through people, mendenhall has the speed that can blow past people instead...its just not a bad thing, i really cant believe i have to defend mendenhall so much it doesnt make sense to me.

Steelersfan
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
If the steelers win the SB nobody talks about the fumble. Would be just like Bettis in Indy. But we won that year so nobody cares.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
You don't need to defend him to me... I like the guy, I just wish he'd lower the boom more often, I know he's got it in him...

PITTxPRIDE
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I've never liked Medenhall. I've said from the start that he's inconsistent and dances too much instead of hitting the hole. He used to spin around ALL the time when initiating contact. Although he has toned that aspect of his game down a bit, you still see him do it from time to time. When running at full speed, he carries the ball in an unorthodox way (swinging around) instead of holding it high to his chest. He doesn't run square when initiating contact. I've also noticed that the more he gets hit, he becomes more timid and sometimes even avoids contact.

I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but I don't like him as a RB. I'm waiting to see what Barron Batch can do.

way to side with everyone on the dancing thing BTW and you know he is a pretty consitant back for the most part, sure he is not adrain peterson, but ben isnt peyton manning either, our players are special in their ways, thats why the Steelers are such a great tem:2cents:
also if he sucks so bad why is he starting???

harpo
11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
way to side with everyone on the dancing thing BTW and you know he is a pretty consitant back for the most part, sure he is not adrain peterson, but ben isnt peyton manning either, our players are special in their ways, thats why the Steelers are such a great tem:2cents:
also if he sucks so bad why is he starting???

Side with everyone on the dancing? I don't know what gave you THAT idea but i've been saying since I first saw him play that he "dances" too much instead of hitting the hole. He's not a consistent RB and i'll keep saying that until he proves otherwise.

Also, I never said he "sucked"; I said I just don't like him as a RB.

Please be careful with your assumptions.

tburg68
11-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I absolutely can't believe the hate for Mendenhall. He is far and away the best RB the Steelers have, and it's not EVEN CLOSE. He will be resigned and deservedly so. The biggest problem Mendenhall has is the line he runs behind.

PITTxPRIDE
11-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Side with everyone on the dancing? I don't know what gave you THAT idea but i've been saying since I first saw him play that he "dances" too much instead of hitting the hole. He's not a consistent RB and i'll keep saying that until he proves otherwise.

Also, I never said he "sucked"; I said I just don't like him as a RB.

Please be careful with your assumptions.

ya i nkow, i was just tryin to make a point, not trying to attack you, My B
:greengrin:

igor0190
11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Mendy is a very good RB... However he could be much better if he was, more patient and had the will to drive his legs and push the pile when needed.

chisteeler
11-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Mendy's problem may not so much be with his style of running. Comapred to Redman, is sometimes a moot point, since they have different types of running and athletic abilites. The problem lies with the OL as someone else stated and possibly what is between Mendy's ears? JMO

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Watching the game last night on NFL replay, our oline had NO push at all most of the game, the 44 yards he got he had to work for...

Better push = better Mendy!

harpo
11-16-2011, 02:36 PM
ya i nkow, i was just tryin to make a point, not trying to attack you, My B
:greengrin:

LOL.....ok, my friend. Understood. :yellowthumb: