PDA

View Full Version : Quick thoughts on the game in KC in a few weeks...

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to see what everybody's thoughts were real quick on this game with the bye week coming up and what to expect in this game and how things will ultimately turn out. The Chiefs are not a very good team and have lost pretty badly to 2 bad teams two weeks in a row at home in Miami and the Broncos. This is a game the Steelers should come out early and take control of and get a 14 point lead and the game should be well in hand. The Chiefs have no running game and I think they benched Matt Cassell for Tyler Palko yesterday. This is a game the Steelers MUST win and it will set them up very nicely going into December with 3 of the last 5 games at home and two division teams in a row coming up with Cincy and Cleveland...

K Train
11-14-2011, 02:02 PM
they are playing breaston and bowe out wide....my main concern is going to be jon baldwin in the slot...they need to not put gay on him, thats a huge mismatch, i hope they play gay on breaston....who has always had good games against the steelers himself

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Our LB's need to get pressure, Matt isn't a QB that deals with it real well...

Nolrog
11-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Our LB's need to get pressure,

That's something we seem to have major trouble with.

K Train
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
woodley will be back and woodley begs to differ

Steel Trap86
11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
KC is awful, I had to keep an eye on Cassell yesterday since he was a bye week filler in my fantasy lineup. They couldn't get ANYTHING going at home against the Broncos. (weakest D in the league)

This game should be a laydown for the Steelers.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
KC is awful, I had to keep an eye on Cassell yesterday since he was a bye week filler in my fantasy lineup. They couldn't get ANYTHING going at home against the Broncos. (weakest D in the league)

This game should be a laydown for the Steelers.

I agree this should be a game where the Steelers take control very early in the game and get up by 2 TD's and just pour it on from there...Barring a Steelers collapse there is no conceivable way I can see Kansas City having any chance to win this game as bad as they have looked the last 2 games at home against both Miami and Denver...

Cricker24
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
obviously i'd put Ike on Bowe, Gay on Breaston, and i'd go with Cortez Allen on Baldwin. Allen really seems to be coming into his own and i think he matches up with Baldwin really well.

the Chiefs just gave up almost 250 yards rushing against the Broncos, so i'd ram it down their throats. unfortunately it does seem like that's the Steelers way nowadays, but you never know.

Mike Tomlin
11-14-2011, 05:01 PM
It's over before it starts Cassel is out for the year.

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Todd Haley said Chiefs QB Matt Cassel has a signficant hand injury that could end his season.
43 minutes ago

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Tyler Palko is their QB, Jackie Battle their RB........The Steelers should blow out the Chiefs.........The Chiefs might not win a game the rest of the year.....

K Train
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
too bad its not in pittsburgh for the palko/baldwin homecoming

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Tyler Palko is their QB, Jackie Battle their RB........The Steelers should blow out the Chiefs.........The Chiefs might not win a game the rest of the year.....

I agree the Chiefs have no chance to beat the Steelers with Palko as their starting QB. He is going to have to play the Patriots and Steelers on back to back weeks on Monday and Sunday night so he is going to get a ton of exposure these next 2 weeks...

SteelerDan43
11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Tyler freaking Palko. Thats all you have to know. Boggles the mind he has stuck around this long. He must be bros with Reed

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2011/08/palko.png

coach
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
The Steelers just need to avoid pulling a Lewis and coming up empty like this missed tackle in Seattle:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/939846-marshawn-lynch-video-watch-seattle-running-back-own-ray-lewis

I didn't see him doing that chicken dance after this whiff; although his knees bent a bit further when he went down on the turf. :eek1:

That game is like the gift that keeps on giving.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 12:19 AM
There's no reason the Steelers should lose this game against the Chiefs. Cassel isn't a world beater but he's obviously significantly better than Palko. If they don't win this game, even on the road, they don't deserve to do much of anything.

The Arrowhead crowd will be tough and the Chiefs defense can make some plays so the Steelers just need to play their game and if they can get up by a couple scores they can take the crowd out of it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Cassel is done for the year more then likely...so its going to be Palko

connecticutsteel
11-15-2011, 12:42 AM
IT wasn't long ago Curtis Painter was a dropped pass away from beating us I hope we don't come out flat in 2 weeks

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2011, 12:59 AM
IT wasn't long ago Curtis Painter was a dropped pass away from beating us I hope we don't come out flat in 2 weeks

Ok this team is night and day from that game...The OL was a mess.......Jonathan Scott was abused by Freeney all game which kept the Colts in the game......

NOVA STEELERS
11-15-2011, 01:12 AM
For some reason Arrowhead stadium has always been a house of horrors for the STEELERS........ I believe we should not have any issue in taking control of this game from the beginning and taking out that crowd early and sending home by halftime would be a great thing. I predict 31 - 9

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
We will be facing a super green QB. And we will confuse him exactly when we need to on defense to win the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2011, 01:29 AM
I see no reason why the Steelers don't blow them out...I'm expecting 38-10.......Chiefs are a hot mess right now...Lost to the Broncos and Dolphins in Kansas City.....Tebow only completed two passes....two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still beat the Chiefs.....

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-15-2011, 01:49 AM
As long as we don't pull a Ravens, we win this game.

uclkyle
11-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Our LB's need to get pressure, Matt isn't a QB that deals with it real well...

Hey LatrobePA.....you are kind of a douchebag, FYI.

harpo
11-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Exactly. On paper it should be a blowout, but you never know how a team is going to come out and perform.

SnakeEyes43
11-15-2011, 12:42 PM
It looks like Cassel is out, and with the D fiinally being healthy it should be an exciting game to watch on both sides of the ball.

--- Added 11/15/2011 at 10:42 AM ---

When did they say Sanders will be back? Is there a good chance he plays after the bye?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Even though the Chiefs and Texans both lost their starting QB's, possibly for the season, the Texans are in a better situation. They've got a top running game, the best OL in the league, and a good defense.

The Chiefs with Palko though are already middle of the pack as it is with their franchise QB on the field. Unless Palko can turn on some heroics they are really in trouble. Stranger things have happened though but I'll be watching his stats this weekend.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I agree this should be a game where the Steelers take control very early in the game and get up by 2 TD's and just pour it on from there...Barring a Steelers collapse there is no conceivable way I can see Kansas City having any chance to win this game as bad as they have looked the last 2 games at home against both Miami and Denver...

Gotta win all 3 phases of the game, Offense, defense and Special Teams. KC will be pumped up, crowd will be in it, and it is a tough place to play as a visiting team. Get up early, keep the foot on the gas and put up 35. That should do it.

coach
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Ok this team is night and day from that game...The OL was a mess.......Jonathan Scott was abused by Freeney all game which kept the Colts in the game......

We could be favored by 7.5, even on the road, but it does scare you, just a little, right?

We have made a habit of making games closer than they need to be. If this were a one score game and they had the ball and were driving at the end, wouldn't that remind you of a few Steeler games in recent years?

I would love for this to be one of those games where I could actually sit and watch the game with a cold beer in my hand instead of the ones where I have to stand up and watch because I can't beleieve I am actually watching it happen again.

Let's hope for at least a two score game.

LatrobePA
11-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey LatrobePA.....you are kind of a douchebag, FYI.

Kinda random but thanks man that means a lot to me, so does this mean I'm not on your Xmas list?

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Were gonna shut them out