PDA

View Full Version : Will the Steelers game with Kansas City be flexed??

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
I say this because the Chiefs have a losing record and are going to be 4-6 most likely going into that Sunday night game with the Steelers and I dont know if there are any better games that the NFL will want to move that week to Sunday night and take the Steelers game and move it to the day. The only one I see right now is potentially the Bears and the Raiders that week who are both playing well right now. Keep in mind also that there is an opening for Sunday night December 4th seeing that the NFL took the Pats and Colts off that night since Indy has been absolutely pathetic this year. There is a possibility there that they could move that game to Sunday night as well seeing that there isnt too many other good games on the schedule that week either. The decision for the KC game getting moved must get made by tomorrow I believe 12 days in advance so we should know for sure the next few days. Just something to keep in mind the next few days...

Update, as of this afternoon the NFL announced they will not change the date or time for the Steelers vs Chiefs in 2 weeks.

harpo
11-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I hate it when the Steelers play on Sunday night. :cursin:

MDSteel15
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
It will not be flexed! The schedule that week looks miserable!

HUNT4SEVEN
11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
They still playing at night!

steelersbabex25
11-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Hope not. I'm going on a cruise that day. It can't be a 1:00 game..

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Nope, they didn't flex it, still an 8:20pm kickoff in primetime.

roosterray
11-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Come on really- I'm sure they'd want the Redskins and Hawks on Sunday night.

Week 13 SD and JAcksonville on Monday night and Week 14 Seattle and STL - by far should be flexed out of the Monday night slot -

The Steelers will still draw a huge rating and the Chiefs have a big fan base too, in KC no less.

CoachC
11-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Not too many primetime games have lived up to billing thus far this season....

uclkyle
11-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Not too many primetime games have lived up to billing thus far this season....

Well, except for last weeks............

Nolrog
11-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Week 13 SD and JAcksonville on Monday night and Week 14 Seattle and STL - by far should be flexed out of the Monday night slot -

The flex schedule only applies to Sunday night games. Monday games are not able to be flexed.

harpo
11-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Matt Cassell is out for the season. However, the game will still probably not be flexed.

steelspikes
11-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Good point Nolrog. I was just about to say the same thing. Monday's aren't flexed because of various considerations that go into scheduling. Changing a game time on a Sunday doesn't require that much rearrangement for a team.
Steelers usually pull good ratings for network games because of strong national fan base..."the Nation."
I live in San Antonio. There was a big hubbub last Sun. when the local CBS affiliate cut away from the Dallas/Buff. blowout after 3 quarters to show Pitt/Cincy. LOL. Cowboy fans are so freaking desperate it's pathetic.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Let's see a Chickens v Deadskins. Fat chance on that.

harpo
11-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Just found this....

Steelers - Chiefs to stay on NBC (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/no-changes-to-week-12-schedule-steelers-chiefs-stays-on-nbc/)