PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers go 6-0 the rest of the way and the Ravens lose 1 more game...

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 09:06 AM
The Steelers will be guaranteed at the very worst the number 2 seed in the AFC depending what happens with Houston and how they finish out since they currently own the head to head tiebraker on the Steelers and have the same record at 7-3. The Texans remaining schedule is not that tough they have games at Jacksonville,at Indy,at Cincy,and home games with Atlanta,Tennessee,and Carolina. The Steelers much like they need the Ravens to do will need the Texans to lose one more game the rest of the season in order to jump them for the number 1 seed in the AFC.

The bottom line is the Steelers pretty much are still I believe going to have to win out and go 6-0 the rest of the way which they definitely can do if they want to win the AFC North and at the very worst get the 2 seed. Keep in mind unless the Steelers lose more game the Patriots who now lead the AFC East after their win over the Jets last night are a non-factor to catch the Steelers because they have the same amount of losses as the Steelers but own the head to head tiebraker over them, and I dont care who ends up winning the AFC West whether it's Oakland or San Diego they will not have a better record then the Steelers. So looking at it right now and I dont want to completely overlook that game at Heinz Field with the Bengals but the only tough tough game the Steelers have the rest of the way is at San Francisco 6 days before Christmas on Monday night.

The Ravens hiccup and collapse against Seattle yesterday was exactly what the Steelers needed and definitely once again left the door completely and totally wide open for the Steelers to still win this division. Start paying attention though to what the Houston Texans are doing in the AFC South because as we sit here right now the Steelers are going to need them to lose at least one more game if they hope to jump them in the standings for the 1 seed in the AFC if the Steelers end up winning the North over the Ravens...

SteelDad
11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
The only game I really see being an issue is at San Fran. That's a night game and that team and crowd will be fired up to play us. With that said, it will be really interesting to see how the final 7 weeks play out for all teams involved.

My question for this team is what will be more beneficial, a bye in the playoffs or securing the playoff spot (regardless of seed it is) early and resting players in regular season games? Hard to argue with recent success of teams playing 3 straight weeks in the playoffs. I.E. Steelers 05 Giants 07 and Packers last year.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
The only game I really see being an issue is at San Fran. That's a night game and that team and crowd will be fired up to play us. With that said, it will be really interesting to see how the final 7 weeks play out for all teams involved.

My question for this team is what will be more beneficial, a bye in the playoffs or securing the playoff spot (regardless of seed it is) early and resting players in regular season games? Hard to argue with recent success of teams playing 3 straight weeks in the playoffs. I.E. Steelers 05 Giants 07 and Packers last year.

Im taking the bye week and the chance at playing 2 home playoff games anyday of the week over having to go on the road 3 straight weeks and win. While it has happened 3 out of the last 6 years with the 3 teams you just mentioned and is more possible then it was before you still dont want to take your chances having to go on the road to potentially Houston,New England,and Baltimore 3 weeks in a row and win...That's a tall tall order even for a team as great as the Steelers to do...

SteelDad
11-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Im taking the bye week and the chance at playing 2 home playoff games anyday of the week over having to go on the road 3 straight weeks and win. While it has happened 3 out of the last 6 years with the 3 teams you just mentioned and is more possible then it was before you still dont want to take your chances having to go on the road to potentially Houston,New England,and Baltimore 3 weeks in a row and win...That's a tall tall order even for a team as great as the Steelers to do...

I'm with ya. I'll always take the bye too, but I'm just curious to see how teams like Houston (who is in unchartered territory), the Pats/NYJets/Ravens and Bungles fair down the stretch. Chances are someone is hot while someone tanks.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm with ya. I'll always take the bye too, but I'm just curious to see how teams like Houston (who is in unchartered territory), the Pats/NYJets/Ravens and Bungles fair down the stretch. Chances are someone is hot while someone tanks.

The Steelers right now at at 7-3 and 5-3 overall in the AFC and owning head to head tiebrakers over potential wildcard playoff teams like the Patriots,Titans,and now the Bengals are in great great shape to at the very least make the playoffs. The Bills at 5-4 now are starting to fade seeing that they got spanked by the Cowboys yesterday and the week before against the Jets. The Jets are 5-4 and I still dont think they will finish with a better record then the Steelers and wont own any tiebrakers over them even if they do, and wildcard potentials in the West such as the Chargers or Raiders whoever doesnt win that division will definitely not have more wins then the Steelers. So as far as at the very least making the playoffs is concerned barring any major disasters in KC or against Cleveland the Steelers are in great great shape to at the very worst get in the playoffs as a wildcard team...

cmerrifield
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
The 49ers game is late enough in the season that it will mean more to the Steelers than to the 49ers, depending on tie breakers, the 49ers could clinch this week. I am not sure we will go 6-0, but 5-1 is reasonable that would make us 12-4. Flacco has a history of playing poorly against the Bengals and he does seem to struggle against good 4-3 defenses this year, so I really think the Ravens and Bengals will split. If we go 5-1 and the Ravens only lose to the Bengals once, we are a wildcard. So hopefully the 49ers need the game against the Ravens so that they can beat the Ravens too.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 09:55 AM
The 49ers game is late enough in the season that it will mean more to the Steelers than to the 49ers, depending on tie breakers, the 49ers could clinch this week. I am not sure we will go 6-0, but 5-1 is reasonable that would make us 12-4. Flacco has a history of playing poorly against the Bengals and he does seem to struggle against good 4-3 defenses this year, so I really think the Ravens and Bengals will split. If we go 5-1 and the Ravens only lose to the Bengals once, we are a wildcard. So hopefully the 49ers need the game against the Ravens so that they can beat the Ravens too.

Im looking more at winning the division and getting the bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs...The Steelers still pretty much need to win out and have the Ravens lose 1 more game in order for that to have a chance to happen...I'd say the odds are pretty good at this point...

roosterray
11-14-2011, 10:26 AM
The only game on the schedule is the next one. We have to get better no doubt. STL should be a win but we can't take any game lightly. Winning 6 in a row would be nice, but lets take it 1 at a time. Otherwise then all we talk about is how we suck. Enjoy the ride and forget about what ifs.

cmerrifield
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Im looking more at winning the division and getting the bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs...The Steelers still pretty much need to win out and have the Ravens lose 1 more game in order for that to have a chance to happen...I'd say the odds are pretty good at this point...

I still think we could go 5-1 and still win the division and get a bye week, but 6-0 definitely helps that cause. With such a late bye week, another bye before the playoffs would really help are guys I think. Lets just say I will be loving the Bengals and their red headed wonder this week. :lol:

K Train
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
the ravens suck, they just play us extremely hard and got extremely lucky last time...i really doubt the steelers need to go 6-0

mwittman5
11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
niners are very beatable. Stop the run and don't make dumb turnovers and we'll win. They are an opportunistic defense and don't make many mistakes on offense.

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Can't look past KC... One game at a time...

Nolrog
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
the ravens suck, they just play us extremely hard and got extremely lucky last time...i really doubt the steelers need to go 6-0

Both Pitt and the Ravens don't have very difficult schedules from this point out. They play San Fran and I think @San Diego and we visit San Fran. So even though they may have troubles they should win a bunch of their remaining games. And we need to finish a game better because we lost the tie-breaker.

K Train
11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Can't look past KC... One game at a time...

they cant look past KC, we certainly can

and as for the ravens....they might not have a very hard schedule, but with seattle and jacksonville giving them fits im not sure that really matters....they arent that good of a team, idc what the record says

HUNT4SEVEN
11-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I believe with the bye week we have that they will regroup, and get Woodley and Sanders back healthy and have Farrior back even though he played yesterday, like someone else said if we don't make dumb mistakes on offense and defense i see us winning 6 in a row, but if we go 5-1 we will be ok i believe the Rats will lose 2 more games anyways the Chargers and 49ers, unless Jim let's his brother win on Turkey day just to stay in the hunt with us...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
That Chiefs game on the road is going to be no gimme. Talent and coaching, you give the edge to the Steelers, no question. However that place gets so unbelievably loud that you have to go to a silent snap count and running the no huddle can be very difficult if you get behind and need to mount a comeback.

If they get up on the Chiefs and take the crowd out of it the task will be significantly less difficult.

The 49ers game worries me because it's on the road and they have a very good defense. Smith and willis are just beasting all over everyone right now and they're playing with a lot of confidence. Plus it's another Harbaugh coaching so I'm sure he's going to be an *** at some point about something.

Overall though the 49ers and Chiefs game are obviously the most concerning, the 49ers being more so.

harpo
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Although it's certainly possible, I don't see this team going 6-0 the rest of the way. If they were consistently putting together 'complete' games, then i'd be more willing to believe it.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 12:16 AM
If there was ever a time to get hot, it's right now. The Steelers have about as favorable a schedule as you can ask for heading into the last part of the season. While I don't necessarily like having so many divisional games late in the year, it's good because you get a chance to gain ground in the most important part of the tie breaking situations.

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2011, 01:22 AM

K-Train, I totally agree with you. I think the Bengals may sweep the Ravens.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2011, 01:30 AM
The Steelers need to go 6-0 if they want the number 1 seed in the AFC...Pats have the easiest schedule the rest of the way........I don't think they lose another game......

NOVA STEELERS
11-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I can see us going 6-0, not worried about ratbirds because they will lose at least 3 more and Texans with Schwab going down for the season will be lucky to split their remaining games. So we control our own destiny and were the other teams fall they fall, we have 6 games remaining and have to play em 1 at a time starting with our house of horrors Arrowhead stadium to take on a beat up KC team.

MDSteel15
11-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I can't see MAtt Leinart winning any games! :eek1:

Clevelandsux
11-15-2011, 07:58 PM
There has been no consistant team. Pats have been up and down. Jets and Bills are fading. Ravens can't beat Seahawks and Jags. Texans looked good, but now Schaub is done for the year. AFC West is mediocre. Bengals didn't quite look like they were ready for primetime vs the Steelers. Steelers haven't played consistant.

The only team in theNFL that has looked dominant are the Packers. Even there dee has been very suspect at times. Same with the saints. The verdict is still out on the 49ers. Lions have faded some. Bears have been hot. Cowboys? Giants? Eagles suck. Falcons, inconsistant.

connecticutsteel
11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
The Ravens will lose to the Bengals 27-10 this week:cope:

Jack Lambert
11-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I really hope the Steelers play the Ravens again! Just to see Bubba Gump end up in tears like he has the last 2 playoff meetings

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Yeah, the only team that seems consistent this season is the Packers. Their defense isn't near the top, but that doesn't matter when you have an offense like they do. I hope someone beats them in the playoffs, don't need the Packer fans to get too high and mighty.

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-16-2011, 03:06 AM

I will LMAO if the Bengals beat the Ravens, this game is so critical for the Ravens and all their fans are predicting them to smash the Bengals.....please god let the Bengals win!!!!

Gonna be a hard game for the Bengals though, the Ravens are hard to beat at home and they are gonna be VERY motivated to win after losing to the Seahawks and hearing everybody **** talk their team the whole week because of that.....but LET'S GO BENGALS!

Farrior Fan
11-16-2011, 07:16 AM
The 49ers have been darn consistent. They are finding a way to win every week, they will be tested big time by the AFC north and could show some cracks in those games. Other than the Baltimore games we have looked pretty good. And winners find a way to win the games down the stretch, and luckily our guys are battle tested and ready. Especially after our bye. If we drop one game from here on out I will bet we still win the North. The Ravens just havent figured out a way to win, I'm guessing that Rice gets at least 27 carries this week, lmfao.

Nolrog
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM
The only team in theNFL that has looked dominant are the Packers. While the verdict may still be out on the 9ers, I wouldn't under-estimate them. Especially since we go there for a visit.

Mike Tomlin
11-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I really think the Bengals will beat the Ravens this week. For 2 reasons... 1. The Bengals got a real taste of the Afc north and will be more prepared for the Ravens. 2. The Ravens won"t be able to handle that constant change of D linemen that the Bengals throw at you. We all know Flacco don't take well to being hit and he will get hit all day long.

Stone
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Does Arians still coach for the Steelers?

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Sounds good to me. I don't think Hardon could handle that.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2011, 03:17 PM
There has been no consistant team. Pats have been up and down. Jets and Bills are fading. Ravens can't beat Seahawks and Jags. Texans looked good, but now Schaub is done for the year. AFC West is mediocre. Bengals didn't quite look like they were ready for primetime vs the Steelers. Steelers haven't played consistant.

The only team in theNFL that has looked dominant are the Packers. Even there dee has been very suspect at times. Same with the saints. The verdict is still out on the 49ers. Lions have faded some. Bears have been hot. Cowboys? Giants? Eagles suck. Falcons, inconsistant.

When you break things down from top to bottom in the AFC with all things being equal I still believe the Steelers are the best team overall and have the most balance on both defense and offense and a great QB who knows how to win big games like Ben Roethlisberger.