PDA

View Full Version : My latest FanManifesto Article about Penn State

SteelCityVoice
11-13-2011, 05:19 PM
http://thefanmanifesto.com/2011/11/12/penn-state-fans-never-got-to-say-goodbye-to-joe-paterno/

Before I start this rant, I’d like it to be known that I do not condone what happened at Penn State. It’s a tragedy of epic proportions and it could have been prevented.

So many people are bashing PSU fans who continue to show support for Joe Paterno following his dismissal as head coach of Penn State. What they fail to realize is that Paterno has been a grandfather figure to so many who follow the team. In fact, he was almost the same exact age as my own grandfather.

When we lose loved ones suddenly in life, what is the common thing many of us say? “I wish we had more time” or “I never got to say goodbye.”

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm one of the people that thinks JoePa is taking the fall for this way more than he should. Not that he is totally blameless but the way this was handled is less than stellar in my opinion.

Nobody is even talking about Sandusky, the dude who actually did all these horrible things to those kids. The focus is all on Paterno and how he got fired, why he got fired, should he have gotten fired, etc.

I'm a PSU fan, not a rabid fan per say but I support them. Had I been there on Saturday I'd have showed my support for the team no question about it.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Joe had a moral obligation IMO to call the police after what happened in 2002, he dropped the ball, i wonder how we all would feel if our children was involved in this, would Joe still be held in high standards? it it a sick situation no matter how u look at it all of em should be fired and brought up on charges of felony perjury an for attempting to cover up such a heinous crime imo...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Can you believe Sandusky did that interview with Bob Costas last night? How in the world do you think that is going to make you look any better in front of a jury?

SteelCityVoice
11-15-2011, 09:34 PM
"Are you sexually attracted to young boys?"

*LOOOOOOONG PAUSE* Am I....sexually attracted to boys? errrr ummmmm.....

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-15-2011, 10:57 PM
The time line, 1977 onward., special privileges and cover up is what did it for me. No way could I remain a fan of this University and it's football team.