PDA

View Full Version : Arians Nearly Cost Us

SteelDad
11-13-2011, 05:04 PM
For a guy that that loves throwing the ball and being aggressive he sure does get tight around the collar late.

2 straight possessions of run run pass with no result. The play to Saunders was nice but that should have been called sooner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Please, God, let Arians retire tomorrow!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 05:10 PM
In the first half he called a really nice game. He was mixing in the run and pass, using gadget plays with Wallace on the end arounds and really overall had the Bengals defense on their heels. The offense was able to move the ball and getting out to that early lead helped set the tone.

You also like to see the play calls in the redzone to be able to pound it in against a top ranked Bengals defense against the run.

In the second half though I totally agree they got way too conservative especially with the game tied. Then on the final TD drive guys like Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace were able to make some more plays and put the final drive together to get that last score which proved too much to overcome.

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I agree. Horrible play calling by BA most of this game,especially in the second half.
We held on by the skin of our teeth thanks to the D who got the rare turnovers.
With all the talent we have on O and to call stupid predictable runs is just
**** poor. That delayed run play when Ben extends the ball straight back needs
to be thrown out,it hardly ever works. BA needs to buy the D dinner tonight.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I agree. Horrible play calling by BA most of this game,especially in the second half.
We held on by the skin of our teeth thanks to the D who got the rare turnovers.
With all the talent we have on O and to call stupid predictable runs is just
**** poor. That delayed run play when Ben extends the ball straight back needs
to be thrown out,it hardly ever works. BA needs to buy the D dinner tonight.

Arians needs to buy the entirety of Steeler Nation dinner tonight! :banging:

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Arians needs to buy the entirety of Steeler Nation dinner tonight! :banging:
At least some Pepto to ease my stomach pain.:lol:

Mike Tomlin
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I gotta give Arians a break when ever the players execute he's a genius and when they don't he needs to be fired. It's not always the X's and O's sometimes it's the Billy's and Joe's

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
After passing the ball with success most of the game, I can't believe they got so tight on those final drives causing those 3 and outs. We are just lucky Dalton got picked off at the end there or they probably would have tied it up.

steelfury455
11-13-2011, 05:40 PM
I gotta give Arians a break when ever the players execute he's a genius and when they don't he needs to be fired. It's not always the X's and O's sometimes it's the Billy's and Joe's

:plus1:

LatrobePA
11-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Typical Arians fashion, he's a DUD!

SteelCityVoice
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
He called the pass play to Wallace that was dropped otherwise that drive would have continued. Sometimes players just fail to execute.

No doubt they got conservative, but, you can't just get careless either.

Big T
11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
The thing that's be driving me absolutely f*cking crazy is when BA calls an empty set formation. I absolutely f*cking hate it. Ben gets sacked every f*cking time we go empty set. empty set only works with an O line that can hold it's own and a QB that gets the ball out quickly. We don't have either. We need someone back there with him to pick up the blitz and give Ben that little bit of extra time to do what makes him so special.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Miller's bobble led to an INT....Wallace dropped a ball on a key third down......Players were to blame as well for the offensive struggles at times today...overall BA was ok but he can call a better game......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
There's no doubt that guys like Wallace and Miller dropped the ball today in key situations. Both normally sure handed, and still played a big part in the win today, but some of those miscues were costly.

BA gets the blame for going conservative in the 2nd half but absolutely agree that the offense needs to execute. They were only 5-12 on 3rd down today, and that won't get it done consistently.

Destossel
11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
He got pretty conservative in the 4th. He was basically ensuring that the D would have to stop the Bengals b/c he was protecting the ball more than trying to get a first down on two of those 3 and out possessions. I normally would think this is a good thing but this is not the best Steelers D right now.

Nolrog
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
The lack of a pass rush is probably the single biggest problem the team has right now.

Clevelandsux
11-13-2011, 09:22 PM
arians has got to go.

Scorp
11-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Arian's nearly cost us the game? What else is new? He's picking and choosing when he wants to make the offense look good and in what games. That can't be the way.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2011, 12:53 AM
The lack of a pass rush is probably the single biggest problem the team has right now.

True that, no sacks today from a group that you would think would be all over the Bengals and their rookie QB. They really miss Lamarr Woodley, that much is clearly obvious. Harrison got pressures but he was double teamed or chipped quite a bit.

I would just like to see a consistent good game by the offense, for 4 quarters, all together. Not a quarter here or a half there, a complete game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Offense should have scored another TD today....That was a bad call on Miller that took away Cotchery's 2nd TD......I thought the offense was fine overall today.......

coldrolled
11-14-2011, 08:05 AM
After passing the ball with success most of the game, I can't believe they got so tight on those final drives causing those 3 and outs. We are just lucky Dalton got picked off at the end there or they probably would have tied it up.

Same thing happens in every game. we score 0 in at least one or two qtrs.

We lost to the ratbirds the same way last week.

Fire Arians... He is keeping this team from pure greatness. :cope::cope::cope:

SteelDad
11-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't in any way want to dismiss the players who failed to execute. They can make BA look real good or real bad, no doubt about it. My point is the play-calling period on those two drives. Why not go pass or PA pass on 1st down? We have a ton of excellent safe and short routes that we seem to utilize at other points in the game so why not this one?