PDA

View Full Version : Bye Coming at a Great Time

SteelDad
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
No question the bye week always comes at the right time but I think this year it couldnt have been a better time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
No question about it. Hines was in and out of the game. Gilbert was in and out as well especially late in the game. Starks was shaken up after he hit his head on Ben's thigh in the 2nd half.

Factor in Woodley and Sanders both probably coming back against Kansas City and this team couldn't afford to wait any longer for the off week.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I thought Sanders needed surgery...what's the scoop?

Mike Tomlin
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM

It was more of a clean up procedure, he'll be ready for Kansas City he and Woodley will have been out 3 weeks.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Okay, all you wounded players get some rest and get well for the final push. Thinkin you can do this.

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Hit the jacuzzi,have a stiff drink and chill out for awhile.:yesnod:
Come back refreshed and healed up for the next push.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 05:34 PM

He had the surgery already and is expected to return after the bye. It wasn't a real indepth surgery, just clean up arthroscopic type of stuff. It's good that we have the bye though, we need him back out there.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Woodley and Sanders both should be back after the bye. Good news, like you said SteelDad, this bye could not have come on a better week.

LatrobePA
11-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Hell yea get healthy..

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Woodley and Sanders back is so huge for this team.....Plus Harrison and all the banged up players need to get refreshed....

coach
11-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Schedule looks good, too:

12 Nov 27 PIT @ KC Arrowhead Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NBC

13 Dec 04 CIN @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 709

14 Dec 08 CLE @ PIT Heinz Field 8:20 PM Tickets NFLN

15 Dec 19 PIT @ SF Candlestick Park 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN

16 Dec 24 STL @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 713

17 Jan 01 PIT @ CLE

Raleigh Steel
11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
win today
rest the next 2 weeks
get healthy
AND THEN WE ROLL!

SteelDad
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
That schedule a couple of weeks ago looked tougher but now Cleveland looks like..... Cleveland again and we get the Bengals at home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SteelCityVoice
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Schedule looks great from here on out. Just need to stay healthy and this could be another great year for the Steelers!

MattyVfromCT
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
get the key guys healthy work on the kinks in the filmroom and put the pedal to the metal from here on out

Scorp
11-13-2011, 10:35 PM
It's gravy boys and girls, unless the freakin rams and 49ers decide to try and pull a fast one on the Steelers and beat them. You never know with teams like that. But it's gravy. The dominant defense and offense of our generations steel curtain is in full effect.

LarryNJ
11-13-2011, 11:08 PM
I like the later byes. Let's hope we get another one. :)

Nolrog
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Would be great to see the team fully healthy in the 2nd half. I'm not sure we've seen that at all this year.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Should see both Woodley and Sanders back in a few weeks at Kansas City and a more healthier Harrison with another 2 weeks to rest and Farrior as well. It wont hurt as well to give this offensive line some rest as well seeing that they are coming together and give Ben a few more weeks of rest as well for this stretch run. The Steelers need this rest and bye week seeing that they start a stretch of playing 3 games in 11 days after the bye week at Kansas City,home to Cincy the following Sunday,and then a Thursday night game at home with Cleveland. Getting out of that stretch 10-3 and having 11 full days to prepare for the 49ers on Monday night will be huge huge huge...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Getting Gilbert healthy again too is going to be key for his development and the continuity of the offensive line. Both he and Starks were banged up on Sunday against the Bengals, and although nothing serious at this point, the rest will do them a world of good as well. Don't forget Polamalu's ailing ribs can certainly use a break.

This Steelers team at full strength on both sides of the ball is potentially scary to think about. Now if they can just play to their potential every week.

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-15-2011, 01:46 AM
I haven't looked to see if this is possible yet, but if the 49ers have the #2 seed locked up before they play us in week 15 they might rest some of their key starters and that could be an easy win.

As long as the Steelers don't pull a Ravens, the only games I see left that we could possibly still lose is against the Bengals or 49ers....but we should beat the Bengals at home and the 49ers game is a toss up.

12-4 to end the season is my prediction, need the Ravens/Patriots/Texans to lose so we can get that #1 seed. Ravens and Texans (now with their starting QB out) look like they could lose a few more. Patriots have a pretty easy schedule left so I'm not sure if they will lose another game especially since the Bills are now collapsing.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
It's a definite possibility that the 49ers will have their division locked up before they host us next month. If that happens they may rest some of their starters in the 2nd half of the game but I doubt they'll rest them for entire games at a time unless there are injuries involved.

They certainly won't catch Green Bay so the best they can is the #2 seed.

LatrobePA
11-15-2011, 04:34 PM
49ers make me laugh, this is the same team from last year right? Troy Smith was a starter for a while then Smith, they were horrid!

Can a coach make that much of a difference? Or are they setting up for a major melt down??

pimplydan
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't know if the 49ers are for real , I know we have a great schedule coming up .

Steelers will finish strong , the key is to finish healthy .

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
The players practiced this week, and finished up this morning. They are off until Monday when they will return to get ready for Kansas city.

Many of them are headed home to be with family over the long weekend. Ike Taylor is doing his normal Turkey giveaway back in his hometown in Louisiana. Larry Foote is headed back with Detroit to be with his kids and family.