PDA

View Full Version : So why cant some of us say "we"

steelchamp204
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
When talking about the steelers. Not saying everyone is like this here, but there are some. Alot of people say "We" are going to win the game and then all of a sudden someone says "Your not on the team". I just want to know why we cant say "we". You know "we" have to pay 7 bucks a beer at Heinz and more money for food so that the players can have there salary. "We" the fans are a big reason why players go all out on the field, and play as hard as they do. Could you imagine if they played in a stadium of nothing. It would probably take alot of energy out of them. Also without us, you really think the owners would be able to run a franchise by him/herself? No. Without us the fans, the NFL would be just as bad as arena football. So Im just ranting, but when someone say's "we" when talking about the steelers, dont be a ****ing troll and correct him and everyone else that says we.. Yea we might not be on the team, but we are just as important to the team as fans.

Zachintosh66
11-13-2011, 04:13 PM
i will always say we... if you have problem with that F.U.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I say WE every time I talk about the Steelers to anyone. We're the Steeler Nation, if people don't like they don't deserve the air they breathe. Fans are a big part of the game and we can say WE anytime we want.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2011, 05:03 PM
SteelerNation is definitely part of the team. We are a huge asset. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying 'WE' :imho:

Mike Tomlin
11-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I always say we and no ones ever corrected me. Plus if you don't say WE with out thinking about it your not a true fan. When the Steelers lose i get about 15 phone calls after the game, I feel like i deserve to say WE

SteelDad
11-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Ryan Clark was asked about this. His comment was "the fans are part of our team so I have no problem if they say 'we'."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
When talking about the steelers. Not saying everyone is like this here, but there are some. Alot of people say "We" are going to win the game and then all of a sudden someone says "Your not on the team". I just want to know why we cant say "we". You know "we" have to pay 7 bucks a beer at Heinz and more money for food so that the players can have there salary. "We" the fans are a big reason why players go all out on the field, and play as hard as they do. Could you imagine if they played in a stadium of nothing. It would probably take alot of energy out of them. Also without us, you really think the owners would be able to run a franchise by him/herself? No. Without us the fans, the NFL would be just as bad as arena football. So Im just ranting, but when someone say's "we" when talking about the steelers, dont be a ****ing troll and correct him and everyone else that says we.. Yea we might not be on the team, but we are just as important to the team as fans.

you absolutely can say we. you hurt when we lose, you rejoice when we win, you pay cash for everything, you part owner of the steelers. so, WE the owners, fans, etc. when WE lose our pain is just as great as any player maybe more. who would even be dumb enough to challange a steeler fan on his or her weness. what is wrong with this world? blah blah blah.

scpc
11-13-2011, 05:15 PM
When talking to other people I always say "my Steelers" and "we". I guess that is why when we do something wrong or lost the other people ask me what is wrong with my team. I love my Steelers.

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Nothing wrong with saying "we" when you are part of the Steeler extended family.
The family is global,being from Pa. I don't have a problem with our fans,from here
or from Timbuctoo:lol: as long as they bleed black and gold!:tt02::cope::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
People that rag on you for saying WE need to get a life. It's not like Steelers fans are the only ones saying it. I hear on talk radio all the time, fans saying WE when talking about their teams. You're part of your teams fan base, you can see it all you want.

Diehardsteel
11-13-2011, 05:58 PM
WE are Steeler Nation. I use we all the time. Sometimes people feel the need to point out that I'm not a member of the team but I just ignore it. :cope:

steelersbabex25
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I can say we..

MattyVfromCT
11-13-2011, 06:25 PM
i say we all the time. most fans from all teams say we. who cares? no biggie. people need to get lives if they are that bothered by a fan saying "we" when referring to their team. fans are an extension of the team. they pay to go to the games and buy merchandise and that revenue PAYS the salaries of the players, coaches and owners.............

coach
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I say it more often than not. I have been corrected, too. Then I decided I could say it if I wanted to. :nahnah:

Go seahawks......................Hawks leading the Rats 19-7 at half and Cundiff just shanked one.

WE should all be extremely pleased.

Bucsfan4ever
11-13-2011, 07:32 PM
And when I'm talking about MY Bucs, I say WE suck!!...another loss today! :banging:

floodcitygirl
11-13-2011, 08:17 PM
I not only say we but living in Cincy, I say WE DEY!!!!!:tt02:

LarryNJ
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
everyone says We..I've never seen or heard anyone question it. Have they done it on here?

Stairwayto7
11-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Yinz can say We! We know who we is!

MattyVfromCT
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
everyone says We..I've never seen or heard anyone question it. Have they done it on here?

i've had friends and coworkers give me **** about saying WE but more in a joking fashion

steelers4life66
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
If someone has a problem with you saying we, it's cuz they're not a big a fan as you are. I say we and F anyone that doesn't like it. :yellowthumb:

Clevelandsux
11-13-2011, 09:19 PM
its easier to say also.

Nolrog
11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Sometimes I'll say we, but many times I don't. Mainly because I'm not part of the organizaiton and don't think my opinions should count as if it really was "we".

Scorp
11-13-2011, 10:37 PM
All great answers. We are one. #1.

steelchamp204
11-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Wow theres alot of positive feedback. Yea, I have seen it on here with some people who get to be a smartass with someone else cause they said "we" and its been on more than one occasion. I dont remember who said these things but it was more than 1 different person. I just wanted to get ppl's feedback and opinions.

Real Deal Steel
11-14-2011, 01:54 AM
i will always say we... if you have problem with that F.U.

Couldn't agree more. It's "we" when we lose; It's "we" when we win. Their my team and I'm part of them. Period.

Thisoneguy555
11-14-2011, 04:15 AM
I usually force myself not to say "we" because I feel it makes people view me as biased...

CoachC
11-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I will always refer to the Steelers as "we". When us, as fans invest so much of our time, effort, money, etc following and supporting this team, I don't think that it is wrong at all to say "we".