PDA

View Full Version : New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
11-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the halfway point of the season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

JensK
11-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Cordy Glenn seems to be a popular pick to Steelers and I can't say that I have anything against it if they can keep Starks around for a couple of more years.

coach
11-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Too early to tell, but I am leaning toward taking a DB in first with the number that look like they will be available. Take another OL in the second round, perhaps. That will still give you an upgrade.

Hard to argue with either position, but we need an infusion of talent on the back end. While I believe we need help on O line, too, we have proved that you can go to a SB with a line that that is less than optimal.

MDSteel15
11-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Too early to tell, but I am leaning toward taking a DB in first with the number that look like they will be available. Take another OL in the second round, perhaps. That will still give you an upgrade.

Hard to argue with either position, but we need an infusion of talent on the back end. While I believe we need help on O line, too, we have proved that you can go to a SB with a line that that is less than optimal.

We will NOT take a DB in the first, second or even third! They like what they have and if that's the way it is we need to sure up the O-line finally!

K Train
11-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Db is very possible....Mcfadden is out, Clark is old, troy is getting old and as always is fragile, ike is getting up there...they like what they have in lewis, allen, brown, and gay but a stud first rounder would really be huge.

top picks for the steelers for me go

Vontaze Bufict
Manti Teo
Alfonzo Dennard
Mike Adams
Cordy Glenn
Osemele
Chase Minnifield
Mike Brewster
Donta Hightower
Michael Floyd
Jared Crick

something along those lines

JollyRob68
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
We need a Top Caliber Inside LB,OL, & TE,RB,DL,DB. We also need to Groom a Safety to replace Ryan Clark soon.

ejsteeler
11-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Gotta say, with our QB, WR's, RB's and TE's, how much of a powerhouse would we be if we shored up that front line? Imagine what could be done with our offense with Ben upright and not running for his life? Sure, he makes plays on the run but we've seen what he can do with time. This years draft needs to be about OL first then D. With an explosive an offense as we can be, I feel we could cover for the aging D another year if need be. :imho:

connecticutsteel
11-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Ravens packers superbowl ? Your kidding right i think it's a rule that if you lose to the seahawks in the regular season you are disqualified for the super bowl lol

connecticutsteel
12-22-2011, 05:50 AM
week 16 4 rd mock
rd1 Burfict/osemele
rd2 Poe/chapman
rd3 zeitler/foles
rd4 nix/brewster

K Train
12-28-2011, 09:23 AM
week 16 4 rd mock
rd1 Burfict/osemele
rd2 Poe/chapman
rd3 zeitler/foles
rd4 nix/brewster

thats 4 rounds of 1st and 2nd rounders lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Any help on the offensive line would be fine with me. I think the battle for OT is going to be fierce next year and should end up being really good for the team.

I think they'd be foolish to not bring back Starks for a decent price, let Gilbert fight it out for the RT job with Colon and get some quality depth besides Jonathan Scott.

The real issue for me is Guard.

K Train
12-28-2011, 02:54 PM
if they moved up for david decastro all of our oline problems would be solved....id also like mike adams, osemele, glenn, brewster. but decastro would be magic. hes a top 15 guy though

G, MLB, T, FS, CB, DE are all needs

Ideally for me a quick steeler mock would look like

1. Chase Minnifield CD Virginia
Has natural ability like darrelle revis had, hes not the most polished but hes got unreal hips, leaping ability, ball skills, and return ability.....needs some coaching but hes got all the tools to be a legit #1

other possible #1s Vontaze Bufict, David Decastro, Mike Adams, Alfonzo Dennard, Cordy Glenn, donta hightower

2. Jared Crick DE Nebraska
Injury plagued season but he gives us something interesting at DE....we have 4 total DEs at this point...crick and heyward are both tradtional DEs in a 34, keisel is a stud DE with OLB capabilities, and hood is a DE with NT capabilities...just a MEAN rotation for a 3 man front

other possibly #2s Osemele, zeitler, brewster, gilmore, barron, taamu

3. Brandon Washington G Miami
Will probably go much higher than this when its all said and done but hes a studly interior blocker, would upgrade either guard spot from day one

connecticutsteel
12-29-2011, 10:59 AM
week 16 4 rd mock
rd1 Burfict/osemele
rd2 Poe/zeitler
rd3 foles/ryan
rd4 nix/brewster

burfict osemmele are bona fide 1rounders
Poe is a reach in the 2nd i put him there cause he fits our team
i screwed up the order on zeitler
mike ryan from uconn and mike brewster project as4th rounders
nick foles is worth a 3 rd pick

Zachintosh66
12-29-2011, 11:34 AM
G, MLB, T, FS, CB, DE are all needs

dont forget kicker, :lol:

K Train
12-29-2011, 11:41 AM
burfict osemmele are bona fide 1rounders
Poe is a reach in the 2nd i put him there cause he fits our team
i screwed up the order on zeitler
mike ryan from uconn and mike brewster project as4th rounders
nick foles is worth a 3 rd pick

poe is the best DT in the draft, and not really a good fit for the steelers at all.

brewster can be a 2nd rounder....not his best year but hes the #2 center and while hes not quite nack mangold, its hard to look at him and not be at least reminded of mangold in how he plays'

connecticutsteel
12-29-2011, 02:12 PM
poe is the best DT in the draft, and not really a good fit for the steelers at all.

brewster can be a 2nd rounder....not his best year but hes the #2 center and while hes not quite nack mangold, its hard to look at him and not be at least reminded of mangold in how he plays'
DEFENSIVE Tackle (nose)
the way i have them ranked is
Kwame Geathers Georgia
Dontari Poe Memphis
Alameda Ta'amu Washington
Josh Chapman Alabama
Sylvester Williams N.Carolina
Hebron Fangupo BYU
Nicolas Jean Baptiste Baylor
D'Angelo Mc Cray Memphis
Ishmaa'ily Kitchen Kent st
Chigbo Anunoby Morehouse College