PDA

View Full Version : It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Just watched the press conference on ESPNEWS and they announced his termination effective immediately. They didn't even have the decency to fire him in person, they called him on the phone!

Dee Mca
11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
It is sad what happened to those little boys. However, it looks like the board decided to make Joe Pa their scapegoat in this mess. Hell Joe Pa already announced that this would be his final season, because of this tragedy. So why do they decide to fire him? So they can look good in the eyes of the press. This is sad. They should have let the man coach his last 3 games and the bowl game. Not throw him under the bus to look good in the eyes of the press. I'm sorry IMO this was the wrong decision to be made.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't think he deserves any decency.....Joe Pa should have did more and I really have no respect for him at all......

Dee Mca
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM
We won't ever know what the full story is in this mess. However what we do know is Joe did tell the University what was going on. Joe Pa is big but he still works for the University. What if he couldn't do anything else? What if the board flat out told him "Keep your mouth shut. We are handling this."? I am in no way condoning what happened. Just not ready to say Joe was as guilty in this mess as the rest were. He reported what he was "told" what was going on. I haven't seen anything yet that states Joe Pa saw for his own eyes what was going on. I have not seen Mike McQuearys' name mentioned yet for not reporting these crimes to the police. He saw the crimes himself and failed to report them to the Police!

floodcitygirl
11-09-2011, 11:59 PM
The whole ugly thing is sad beyond words. I was so hoping that some kind of reasonable explanation would come to explain Paterno's inaction. But it hasn't been presented as of yet and doesn't seem to be coming. I wish, at this point, that he would have stepped down immediately on his own.

steelersbabex25
11-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Does someone wanna give me the short version of what happened....:lol:

SteelCityVoice
11-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Does someone wanna give me the short version of what happened....:lol:

Check out my blog, I've been trying to cover all of this since it broke over the weekend.

Thisoneguy555
11-10-2011, 01:39 AM
We won't ever know what the full story is in this mess. However what we do know is Joe did tell the University what was going on. Joe Pa is big but he still works for the University. What if he couldn't do anything else? What if the board flat out told him "Keep your mouth shut. We are handling this."? I am in no way condoning what happened. Just not ready to say Joe was as guilty in this mess as the rest were. He reported what he was "told" what was going on. I haven't seen anything yet that states Joe Pa saw for his own eyes what was going on. I have not seen Mike McQuearys' name mentioned yet for not reporting these crimes to the police. He saw the crimes himself and failed to report them to the Police!

Joe is the scapegoat because of his popularity, as soon as this aired, the media attacked him, you're lucky to find something about the trustees or Mike McQueary, and if you do, the story is instantly directed back to Joe... People will always blame Joe because he was the head coach and they just take in what the media says.

Joe could have been blackmailed, or maybe like most people in Americe, he just didn't want to report it, maybe because he was protecting the college or himself, who knows. Selfish reasons or not, Joe isn't the main problem, the trustees knew, other people in the college knew, Joe will take the fall and everyone will forget anyone else who was at fault. I'm not defending Joe, but it's really sad how he'll take the fall.

Root4Stlrs
11-10-2011, 02:36 AM
All of these people, as educators, had an obligation to report to Child Protective Services. They are trying to get out of it by saying that the molested children were not students of Penn State so that means they weren't legally obligated. Maybe not. But, if the grand jury report is even 10% accurate, all those involved should be out. It doesn't matter if people were told to keep their mouths shut. That's no excuse. Anyway, Penn State should get their checkbook out now because they are going to be paying out millions of dollars in settlement money.

Blazedby92
11-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Not even enough justice for what happened

Joe a scapegoat, that's funny.

He knew about it for how long? Get a clue people

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Sadly, it was the right decision. The Board put the University ahead of the football program or anything else and that was the right thing to do.

Many of you are correct. We will never know exactly what steps JoePa took when all of this happened, but to say he may have been silenced by the board or the president is laughable. The Prez was fired last night too, but that's not what everyone is talking about. They're talking about the football coach who had more power than anyone at the University period. He could have done more, period.

It's a sad day for American Sports regardless.

jpele
11-10-2011, 09:02 AM
For anyone condemning Joe Paterno please come forward and share your information with the rest of the world and explain exactly what Joe knew.

An assistant told Joe of the abuse ( he didn't witness the act ) He took the info. he was given to the admin. Now if they told him to mind his own business and walked away then Joe got what he deserved but if he was told we're going to investigate and report the incident , what else do you expect him to do ?

As I've stated, if Joe knew the situation was being covered up he's as guilty as the rest of them , to assume he knew something and condemn him for it is a serious mistake.

One question still lingers, the big red headed guy on the sidelines that calls in the plays, he's the one that witnessed the abuse yet his name hasn't been mentioned in any of this, why is that ? will be interesting to see if he's on the sidelines this weekend

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 09:14 AM
For anyone condemning Joe Paterno please come forward and share your information with the rest of the world and explain exactly what Joe knew.

An assistant told Joe of the abuse ( he didn't witness the act ) He took the info. he was given to the admin. Now if they told him to mind his own business and walked away then Joe got what he deserved but if he was told we're going to investigate and report the incident , what else do you expect him to do ?

As I've stated, if Joe knew the situation was being covered up he's as guilty as the rest of them , to assume he knew something and condemn him for it is a serious mistake.

One question still lingers, the big red headed guy on the sidelines that calls in the plays, he's the one that witnessed the abuse yet his name hasn't been mentioned in any of this, why is that ? will be interesting to see if he's on the sidelines this weekend

I see no way the McQueary is on the field Saturday. Just can't happen.

I completely understand what you're saying about what Joe knew, but I always come back to this.... He hears his longtime friend and assistant Jerry Sandusky is raping a child in the showers and then Sandusky just shows up to practice for the next several years and JoePa just goes on with life as if Sandusky were caught taking a roll of tape from the training room? How in the hell do you not pursue this??? Think of the kids that could have been saved!!

LatrobePA
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM

I completely understand what you're saying about what Joe knew, but I always come back to this.... He hears his longtime friend and assistant Jerry Sandusky is raping a child in the showers and then Sandusky just shows up to practice for the next several years and JoePa just goes on with life as if Sandusky were caught taking a roll of tape from the training room? How in the hell do you not pursue this??? Think of the kids that could have been saved!!

Bingo, makes no sense to me at all..

StlersGuy
11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
He did just what he should have took it above him and told his AD he did not hide it or ignore it.

Sent by way of a Droid

Prosdo
11-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Sadly, it was the right decision. The Board put the University ahead of the football program or anything else and that was the right thing to do.

Many of you are correct. We will never know exactly what steps JoePa took when all of this happened, but to say he may have been silenced by the board or the president is laughable. The Prez was fired last night too, but that's not what everyone is talking about. They're talking about the football coach who had more power than anyone at the University period. He could have done more, period.

It's a sad day for American Sports regardless.

I completely agree with you. The Board made the right decision. Is Joe Paterno the most guilty person in this? No. Is he the only guilty person? Of course not. There are several people who if they would have just had opened their mouthes could have stopped several more boys from being molested. That is the real tragedy. Not Joe Paterno being fired. The Board is trying to save any dignity PSU may have left which isn't much if any right now. This had to be done. They needed to make a statement showing they are taking this seriously now and cleaning house. It makes me sick to my stomach that my fellow Penn Staters are up State College rioting like a bunch of idiots. They are making a good university look worse. Remember this is about a bunch of victims and a university. Not about a stupid football program.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.centredaily.com/ latest. everybody should be fired who even remotely touched this.

StlersGuy
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
People say he should have done more and yeah he maybe should have but think about a time in your life you could say the same thing. He did what he felt was right at the time and told people above him. Does that make it right to fire him maybe however was it morality right I think not after all he has done for that university and the money he put back into it they should have let him walk off on his own term's...

Sent by way of a Droid

LarryNJ
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM

:plus1:

I usually try to understand both sides of the story. In this case I really don't understand how anyone can justify that Joe did all he should have.

Richmond Rukus
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM

The big question that nobody knows the answer to is this. Was Joe told they were going to investigate it when he reported the incident? If so, there is nothing else for him to do. Go back to coaching football and let your superiors handle the investigation. That's their job and he may of entrusted in them to do it. And thought they did. If he was told to turn a head and forget he ever saw it. Then he got what he deserved. I don't know the answer to that, you don't know, the media doesn't know, so it's all speculation and assumptions at this point.

He wasn't told a kid was being raped. fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. That is definitely bad enough, but no reason to use stronger language to strengthen your argument.

Stairwayto7
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I`m just sickened

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
The big question that nobody knows the answer to is this. Was Joe told they were going to investigate it when he reported the incident? If so, there is nothing else for him to do. Go back to coaching football and let your superiors handle the investigation. That's their job and he may of entrusted in them to do it. And thought they did. If he was told to turn a head and forget he ever saw it. Then he got what he deserved. I don't know the answer to that, you don't know, the media doesn't know, so it's all speculation and assumptions at this point.

He wasn't told a kid was being raped. fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. That is definitely bad enough, but no reason to use stronger language to strengthen your argument.

You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff? Or at the very least, why he hasn't spoken to you about what a fellow coach saw? It's just so fricking sad and bizarre.

Richmond Rukus
11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff? Or at the very least, why he hasn't spoken to you about what a fellow coach saw? It's just so fricking sad and bizarre.

This is the problem with the information age we are in today. The media talks, and we, as a majority, listen, and condemn anyone and everyone we feel is involved without knowing any of the facts. For whatever reason, we feel our own logic is all that is needed. Due Process died a long time ago. I don't even think many people believe in it anymore. Everything went straight to Fire Joe, Fire Joe. What they probably should of done if they did not want him on the field was put him on administrative leave until an investigation could be completed. This would of essentially ended his career as it would of outlasted the season, without firing him, and without deeming him guilty of anything in the process. And maybe even lessened the riots and student reaction. But i think the boards PR agenda is pretty clear with Joe gone and McQuery still on staff.

floodcitygirl
11-10-2011, 01:53 PM
If there was some threat of loss of job or career it makes no difference. If you are told by superiors that the matter will be handled, it makes no difference. When you personally have solid information that a child is being abused, you make certain it is handled at any cost! You follow up. You confront the man, that continued to have access to the school's facilities, that was your co-worker for years. There is no excuse to do less no matter who you are or what position you hold.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
A real firestorm here. How not to handle this in a PC world or, for the love of money and fame at any cost. Why just Joe and the prez?

jpele
11-10-2011, 03:21 PM
When you personally have solid information that a child is being abused, you make certain it is handled at any cost!

I agree with that statement, problem is Paterne only knew what a graduate assistant told and he was told a day later.

According to the news McQueary vaguely remembers telling Paterno he saw Sandusky maybe fondling,touching or horsing around in the shower with a young boy.

Just reported McQueary will be on the coaching staff Saturday which makes be believe the entire " board of trusties" needs to be investigated and thrown out that and the fact their telling Paterno not to talk to the press.

You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff?

Sandusky left the coaching staff in 1999 but was allowed to use the facilities. The incident in question happened in 2002.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
A real firestorm here. How not to handle this in a PC world or, for the love of money and fame at any cost. Why just Joe and the prez?

Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden Re: http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

After the news spread, Madden later explained via Twitter why he went public with the rumors.

"I normally abhor giving RUMORS credence," Madden wrote. "But whole Sandusky scandal started out as a RUMOR. It gets deeper and more disgusting all the time. One of state's top columnists investigating. That adds credence. I am NOT rumor's original source. [Why does] Sandusky deserve benefit of doubt?"

Not my words. Not my rumor. If you feel this is inappropriate at this time just delete this post. Developing...

I believe Sandusky is still out on bail roaming the streets of State College.

LarryNJ
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM

It was a friggin grown man having anal sex with a 10 year old boy. That is F***** RAPE! There is no word too strong. And Joe knew about it, it's a fact weather you want to believe it or not. Joe screwed up.

Read page 6

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

This is far from over and is only going to get uglier and uglier. Sandusky will either be killed in jail or take his own life.

SteelerDan43
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
The fact that McQueary is allowed to keep his job shows they are wrapping this whole thing up and putting it all on Joe. If you are going to hold everyone accountable then follow through

LarryNJ
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
The fact that McQueary is allowed to keep his job shows they are wrapping this whole thing up and putting it all on Joe. If you are going to hold everyone accountable then follow through

It's not all Joe, the president is gone and it's far from over.

DIESELMAN
11-10-2011, 08:18 PM
It doesn't matter whether McQueary told Paterno a 10 year old was getting raped by Sandusky in the shower or if he told Paterno that Sandusky was washing the child's back. The point and bottom line is a grown *** man was in the showers with a child. Just that fact alone should've sent Paterno to confront Sandusky.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

SteelerDan43
11-10-2011, 08:34 PM
It's not all Joe, the president is gone and it's far from over.

Quick name the two people actually charged in the cover up.... I asked that question of many sports fans today and didn't get one correct answer. They all deserve to be fired McQueary included, I just want some consistency. As it is now there is none.

LarryNJ
11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Quick name the two people actually charged in the cover up.... I asked that question of many sports fans today and didn't get one correct answer. They all deserve to be fired McQueary included, I just want some consistency. As it is now there is none.

The AD & some guy who was vice president of something and oversaw the campus police. Don't worry you'll get your consistency. They started at the top as they should, President & Joe the rest will come. There's no doubt that they are going to sweep it clean, they have to.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I see no real manliness here. None what so-ever. McQueery should be in jail for complicity.

This from about an hour ago on TMZ.com.

Penn State Coaches
Urge Players' Friends & Family:
"Wear White for JoePa"

Paterno contacts criminal defense lawyer, source tells NBC News

Maybe black may be more appropriate.

Will someone get a grip on reality here? Just cancel the fn season already.
PSU, it will take years to clean up this mess if ever.
"You dance with the devil and you dance right over the cliff" Me.

floodcitygirl
11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
It doesn't matter whether McQueary told Paterno a 10 year old was getting raped by Sandusky in the shower or if he told Paterno that Sandusky was washing the child's back. The point and bottom line is a grown *** man was in the showers with a child. Just that fact alone should've sent Paterno to confront Sandusky.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using TapatalkExactly. As I said before he needed to follow up regardless.He and of course everyone who was involved has to be held accountable. The reputation of the school will take a long time to recover.

airbrake 1
11-10-2011, 11:03 PM
the people really derelict of their duty here are the center county police and district attorneys office...there was a grand jury held and they did nothing...Joe is absolutely being scapegoated...the trustees are a bunch of spineless maggots....the pittsburgh media came town looking for heads and they weren't going to go away until they had Joe's....the spineless trustees figured if they fire joe this will send the news trucks packing up their satellite truck and heading back to pittsburgh....now the pittsburgh talk show will get back to the steelers and penguins tomorrow....if joe hadn't been let go these pricks would have been on their 50,000 watt bullhorn 24-7 until the bowl game was over...this is akin to a modern day witch hunt....god forbid anyone out there has a former co-worker or employee that turns out to be a real animal because it just may come back on you by mere association....shame on penn state and tom corbett for that matter ...he could have stopped this travesty...and for the record i really liked tom corbett until now

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-10-2011, 11:40 PM
McQueary needs to be gone also ,along with quite a few more people,simple as that. Joe Pa had to go, this man was more then the football coach. He was the face of the University and as such, to start any house cleaning he had to go. More and more of this story will come out ,nobody knows the full truth right now and as the truth does come out this story will it will surely get uglier.

I personally have never been a big fan of Joe Pa, but he always seemed to be running an football program that was clean and to be copied by other schools. Is he being railroaded? Possibly yes,but when he made the statement "that he would be leaving at the end of the season and the board of trustees didn't need to spend a moments time thinking about him" he was basically telling them that he was above them.

I don't understand the few firings that they have done so far. There should have been quite a few more done to start the process.How McQuery is still there is the real question. He saw the incident and went home and called his father?? WTF he should have gone into the shower and knocked Sandusky the fuct out on the spot. Then called the police immediately, he seems to be the most guilty party of this besides Sundusky.

airbrake 1
11-11-2011, 06:10 AM
the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...and the real worst are these asshats spouting off if that was me seeing sandusky doing that "i would have done this or that" ....these blowhards are the same people who witness a murder and tell the police they didn't see anything because they don't want to get involved..

SteelDad
11-11-2011, 09:05 AM
the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...and the real worst are these asshats spouting off if that was me seeing sandusky doing that "i would have done this or that" ....these blowhards are the same people who witness a murder and tell the police they didn't see anything because they don't want to get involved..

I don't know what I would have done had I been in McQueary's place, but I can tell you I would have done more. That much I know.

Unfortunately, the entire system failed and Paterno is part of that system. 61 years of impeccable service is great, but doesn't excuse you from anything should you make an error such as this. Ya, I know, he went to his superiors and that was his duty. JoePa IS the superior at PSU in every other way so why not this one? I'm not a PSU fan, but there is no coach I respect more than Paterno. He has done it the right way for decades and that is among many reasons why this is so sad.

jpele
11-11-2011, 09:57 AM
The following comes from a Penn State student that I know as a very smart and informed young lady.

"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
These are my final points on this matter. I have seen a lot of people who are not part of the Penn State community make comments about the Penn State scandal. They think it is ridiculous that students and alumni are pissed off. Let me try to explain.

If you clearly read the Grand Jury report, you would know a Penn State GA (Mike McQueary) witnessed Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting victim 2. Instead of calling the police, he reported it to his supervisor Joe Paterno the next day. Joe Paterno then set up a meeting with his supervisor, Tim Curley. The meeting took place on a Sunday in Joe Paterno's home. Paterno also reported what he knew to the campus police.

Tim Curley and Gary Shultz then met with Mike McQueary to discuss what he saw. Curley and Shultz never reported the incident further. Their reports to the grand jury were not credible. No where in the report does it say anything about Joe Paterno knowing about the crimes and not doing anything.

So why are we mad? We're mad because the media found a scapegoat in Joe Paterno. We're mad because they blamed him instead of Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Shultz, and Jerry Sandusky.

Were mad because when you search "Penn State scandal, Joe Paterno's picture comes up. We're mad because after 61 years as a Penn State employee, the Board of Trustees fired him over the phone.

We're mad because they admit that all the facts are not present yet. We're mad because the school let Tim Curley take a leave and stay on the payroll, Gary Shultz resign, and Mike McQueary keep his job.

This issue is bigger than football; Joe Paterno is bigger than football. He is man that has raised millions of dollars for my school. He is a symbol of the community. I have literally felt awful during all of this. I feel awful for the kids that had to go through something that nobody should endure. I pray for them, and all children that are treated poorly. I feel awful about how people are portraying Penn State, and The Second Mile. I pray for the victims, and hope they find peace."

SteelDad
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Well done Pele and I know the PSU family is reeling right now. Hell, I feel like the RichRod years were the worst thing to ever happen to UM so I can't even fathom this.

At it's core, this is a moral issue for these men. They did their professional duty in reporting these atrocities to their superiors and I can't argue that. I just have to continue to ask the question though, "How could you not follow up on something like this?" I understand that at one point the local DA dropped the case of one the alleged victims and that certainly muddies the waters, but 8 other victims have come forward. Somewhere the institutional leadership failed to protect children and I hate.... I mean HATE, that JoePa is part of that leadership. Maybe we will find someday that he did all he could do. I hope that is the case, but the university had no choice because of how far this thing reached.

LarryNJ
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt.....

Are you serious? The sick thing is the media? Give me a break, what about the innocent boys and their families that were affected by the pedophile? That is the sick thing not some reports trying to sell newspapers. If Joe and the rest of the University would have done the right thing 13 years ago the number of victims would have been much lower. Instead they decided to try and protect their image. Well now the Joe's and the schools image and the lives of many young boys is ruined. Joe will always be considered a great coach, but he will never be known as a great man. he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, he brought this on himself don't blame the media.

Do what I did, turn off the radio, tv, and internet. Take 20 minutes and sit down and read that 20 some page report. After that I highly doubt that you'll be blaming the media or feeling sorry for Joe.

Blazedby92
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...

Yeah that gives you reason to let someone commit a crime or worse RAPE Kids....:yellowthumb: Your a freakin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!! Yes and I put it lightly

airbrake 1
11-11-2011, 11:23 AM
If the media were so concerned about the children why aren't they camped in front of sandusky's house...these prick in the media will pack up their satellite trucks after the game Saturday and go back to talking about the steelers and penguins...all they cared about was getting joes head on a platter ...the Sandusky story is just another pedophile story...people like Ron cook,joe starlet,and Jim colony are nothing more than modern day witch hunters...I thought the Salem witch trials are now looked back at as a horrible period in our history...watch out cook,colony,and starkey may be coming after you with their pitchforks and torches if someone you knew in the past does something heinous

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Richmond Rukus
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
It was a friggin grown man having anal sex with a 10 year old boy. That is F***** RAPE! There is no word too strong. And Joe knew about it, it's a fact weather you want to believe it or not. Joe screwed up.

Read page 6

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

This is far from over and is only going to get uglier and uglier. Sandusky will either be killed in jail or take his own life.

Did you even read what you were replying to before responding? No-one said it wasn't rape. Just wasn't reported to Joe that way, at least according to his testimony. If you continue reading past page 6 you will see what was reported was a graduate assistant has seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

airbrake 1
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
This is what happens whenever some one says racism,rape,child molestation...most people are afraid to stand up and speak up for people getting railroaded...I took a bunch of flack for standing up for Ben and I'm sure I'll take some for defending joe...there was a grand jury the police and district attorney are the one who let this mess fester..perhaps we can fire the entire center county police department and district attorneys offices

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

lloydfan4life
11-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Did you even read what you were replying to before responding? No-one said it wasn't rape. Just wasn't reported to Joe that way, at least according to his testimony. If you continue reading past page 6 you will see what was reported was a graduate assistant has seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

So it wasn't 'reported' to Joe as rape?? Big deal.... this wasn't enough for Joe to say what the f**k is Sandusky doing in the shower with a young boy?? .... irregardless of whether or not it was 'reported' to him that he was being sodomized or raped?? :really:

So it's okay for Joe to not contact the POLICE immediately because Sandusky was ONLY fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy but didn't actually have his d**k in his ***? SERIOUSLY?

MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid? And why is McQuery still on staff when he didn't do anymore for this kid than Joe did?

Richmond Rukus
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
So it wasn't 'reported' to Joe as rape?? Big deal.... this wasn't enough for Joe to say what the f**k is Sandusky doing in the shower with a young boy?? .... irregardless of whether or not it was 'reported' to him that he was being sodomized or raped?? :really:

So it's okay for Joe to not contact the POLICE immediately because Sandusky was ONLY fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy but didn't actually have his d**k in his ***? SERIOUSLY?

MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid? And why is McQuery still on staff when he didn't do anymore for this kid than Joe did?

I think there are some serious comprehension problems by some on this board, or maybe you just don't bother to go back a few pages and read what was said and in what context.

And no, McQuery absolutely should not of beat the **** out of Sandusky, as much of a natural reaction that might be. Although it would of been better than doing nothing. Why take the child out of a traumatizing experience just to put the child through another traumatizing experience of violence. Don't you feel they would be scared enough without the added fight? You stop it, take care of the kid and get him with someone he trusts and can comfort him/her like parents. And yes, call the police since you witnessed it first hand. This should of never even gotten to Joe. Once it does, Joe did the right thing in reporting it up the chain as it was second hand information. The question isn't how he initially dealt with it, but what transpired afterwards in follow up.

LarryNJ
11-11-2011, 01:47 PM
MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid?

To me that's the part that makes no sense at all. Right or wrong you can understand how the university (Joe being a huge part of that) would do everything in their power to sweep this under the rug. They were doing what at the time they thought was best for the school. But how McQuery didn't act immediately is simply mind boggling to many.

lloydfan4life
11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
I think there are some serious comprehension problems by some on this board, or maybe you just don't bother to go back a few pages and read what was said and in what context.

And no, McQuery absolutely should not of beat the **** out of Sandusky, as much of a natural reaction that might be. Although it would of been better than doing nothing. Why take the child out of a traumatizing experience just to put the child through another traumatizing experience of violence. Don't you feel they would be scared enough without the added fight? You stop it, take care of the kid and get him with someone he trusts and can comfort him/her like parents. And yes, call the police since you witnessed it first hand. This should of never even gotten to Joe. Once it does, Joe did the right thing in reporting it up the chain as it was second hand information. The question isn't how he initially dealt with it, but what transpired afterwards in follow up.

I don't have a comprehension problem at all. My problem is wondering how anyone can say Joe did the 'right thing' by only reporting this to his superiors and leaving it go at that. Legally? Yeah. Morally? Not a chance in hell. NONE of these guys who were informed of or witnessed this garbage by sandusky did the 'right' thing, not one of 'em. Not Curly, not Shultz, not McQuery nor Paterno or any of the others who may have had or heard information. Period end of story.

airbrake 1
11-11-2011, 06:21 PM
it really comical listening to the cowards seibel,starkey and josh miller discuss the steelers and penguins non stop today on 93.7 fm ....seems they bagged the quarry they were after...now back to the really important news....if joe was still the coach they would still be broadcasting penn state sex scandal wall to wall...corrupt media....somewhere real journalists are rolling in their graves...yellow journalism rules these days

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-11-2011, 06:31 PM
The following comes from a Penn State student that I know as a very smart and informed young lady.

"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
These are my final points on this matter. I have seen a lot of people who are not part of the Penn State community make comments about the Penn State scandal. They think it is ridiculous that students and alumni are pissed off. Let me try to explain.

If you clearly read the Grand Jury report, you would know a Penn State GA (Mike McQueary) witnessed Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting victim 2. Instead of calling the police, he reported it to his supervisor Joe Paterno the next day. Joe Paterno then set up a meeting with his supervisor, Tim Curley. The meeting took place on a Sunday in Joe Paterno's home. Paterno also reported what he knew to the campus police.

Tim Curley and Gary Shultz then met with Mike McQueary to discuss what he saw. Curley and Shultz never reported the incident further. Their reports to the grand jury were not credible. No where in the report does it say anything about Joe Paterno knowing about the crimes and not doing anything.

So why are we mad? We're mad because the media found a scapegoat in Joe Paterno. We're mad because they blamed him instead of Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Shultz, and Jerry Sandusky.

Were mad because when you search "Penn State scandal, Joe Paterno's picture comes up. We're mad because after 61 years as a Penn State employee, the Board of Trustees fired him over the phone.

We're mad because they admit that all the facts are not present yet. We're mad because the school let Tim Curley take a leave and stay on the payroll, Gary Shultz resign, and Mike McQueary keep his job.

This issue is bigger than football; Joe Paterno is bigger than football. He is man that has raised millions of dollars for my school. He is a symbol of the community. I have literally felt awful during all of this. I feel awful for the kids that had to go through something that nobody should endure. I pray for them, and all children that are treated poorly. I feel awful about how people are portraying Penn State, and The Second Mile. I pray for the victims, and hope they find peace."

I don't even like that ******* Bradley. My opinion only.

Mike, old time psu fan.

LarryNJ
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
We are mad at the media "

Love,
MJ

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1246/mjpennstate.jpg

airbrake 1
11-17-2011, 06:39 PM
the pittsburgh airport authority are removing the immaculate reception sculpture from the pittsburgh airport, and the steelers are in the process of erasing all records of franco harris from pittsburgh steeler history ...plus he is no longer allowed within 1500 feet of heinz field

jpele
11-17-2011, 08:00 PM
the pittsburgh airport authority are removing the immaculate reception sculpture from the pittsburgh airport, and the steelers are in the process of erasing all records of franco harris from pittsburgh steeler history ...plus he is no longer allowed within 1500 feet of heinz field

LOL.....:plus1:

SteelCityVoice
11-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Sure feels like it...