PDA

View Full Version : Steelers claim Al Woods

K Train
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers claimed defensive tackle Al Woods off waivers from the Seattle Seahawks, according to his agent, Albert Elias. Woods, 24, was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the fourth round last year out of LSU. Woods has also played for the Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 6-foot-4, 307-pounder was cut by Seattle this week. He has recorded 19 career tackles and a half-sack in two NFL seasons, appearing in 11 career games.

Link (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1126721&nid=5947896&fhn=1)

LETS ****ING GO BABY <3

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Who???

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
So he's gonna be our NT of the future KTrain? 6'4" 307 that would be great

K Train
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
hes an insane athlete...big, fast, explosive, with giant hands and long arms....he was on tehe roster before and they didnt keep him cause he was too raw, which he is....however he could really be a stud in a 34 at any spot on the line...poor mans ngata, hes just gotta tighten his game up.

LOVED him in the draft, holding out hope that they can make it work

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2011, 08:00 PM
We need all the help we can get, i hope he pans out then:tt02:

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 08:06 PM
hes an insane athlete...big, fast, explosive, with giant hands and long arms....he was on tehe roster before and they didnt keep him cause he was too raw, which he is....however he could really be a stud in a 34 at any spot on the line...poor mans ngata, hes just gotta tighten his game up.

Sounds promising, but why did he get cut from Seattle?

K Train
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
not sure, but hes been a saint, a buc, and a seahawk...i wouldnt really like him in a 43, but they keep trying it. he needs to get it together, but hopefully he can in a 34 cause hes built for anywhere on that line

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
The NT position should be wide open next year, assuming Casey retires. Hoke will be in the mix, as will McLendon so why not add Woods. Assuming he makes it the rest of the year on the PS I'd love to see him get a shot at a roster spot in 2012.

connecticutsteel
11-09-2011, 10:08 PM

He must be an insane athlete and a pro bowler to boot that's why he keeps getting cut 4 teams in 3 years? practice body that is all

K Train
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
He must be an insane athlete and a pro bowler to boot that's why he keeps getting cut 4 teams in 3 years? practice body that is all

measurable wise he is actually pretty ridiculous for a guy that size.

its worth to keep him around, his problem is leverage and hands and he doesnt maximize his power...it can be fixed, hes worth taking a shot on....they must have brought him back for a reason. they let him go over mcclendon last year because he was so raw and our dline coach doesnt like that....but that can all be fixed over time. steelers cut harrison too, he needed work and then he was brought back eventually.

he may not even be on the roster next week, but hes worth taking a look at

coldrolled
11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
he was on our PS last year. someone nabbed him and gibson last year. we nabbed him from the saints last year.

the saints say he is lazy... but ktrain is right .. hes an insane athlete...big, fast, explosive, with giant hands and long arms..

Ktrain? Wonderlic? hopefully above a 4.. :-)

Rampage
11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Hopefully he pans out. He's got all of the measurable characteristics to be a stud on that line and I was disappointed when he was lost last season. If he could make an impact, even as a backup, it would help this team a lot.

Goodfrom55
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Wel, chances are the price is right as well, and with e Steelers in salary cap hell next year, this could prove to be a good acquisition. Hope he can contribute on the field as well.

JollyRob68
11-10-2011, 04:06 PM
IS he on the 53 man roster or Practice Squad? I'm glad he's back because Casey moving BAckwars against The Ravens is pissing me off. I wished Hoke was Healthy for that game.

Rampage
11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
IS he on the 53 man roster or Practice Squad? I'm glad he's back because Casey moving BAckwars against The Ravens is pissing me off. I wished Hoke was Healthy for that game.

Steelers Digest reported that he is indeed on the 53 man roster and that Morty Ivy was waived.

This makes me wonder: Did Hampton's injury flare back up? Was McClendon injured? Is Hoke's injury more serious than originally thought? Are the Steelers unhappy with the performance of one or more players? Or does the team just really have confidence in Woods and wanted him back?

Goodfrom55
11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I though I read last week that Hoke was a "healthy scratch" for the game.

JollyRob68
11-11-2011, 07:40 AM
I though I read last week that Hoke was a "healthy scratch" for the game.

I hope Hoke wasn't a Healthy scratch. I'd rather have him in here than Hampton

SnakeEyes43
11-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I hope Hoke wasn't a Healthy scratch. I'd rather have him in here than Hampton

With Casey's play as of late, ditto.

Nolrog
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Love this move. This is a great risk to take, and hopefully can pay off nicely.