PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark fined 40k for hit on Dickson; Ray Lewis fined 20k for hit on Ward

mwittman5
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
On Twitter Ed Bouchette just said Clark got fined 40k and clark was angry and went off on goodell. When does this unfair fining system end? Clark didn't even helmet to helmet hit anybody, he lead with the helmet but didn't hit anybody with it. Lewis clearly helmet to helmet hit Ward and gave him a concussion and he only gets 15k. Goodell is a joke and his dictatorship rule over the NFL needs to be stopped. :cursin:

Steelers safety Ryan Clark was fined $40,000 by the NFL because of a hit on a defenseless receiver during Sunday`s game against Baltimore. Clark was called for hitting tight end Ed Dickson illegally during the second half of the Steelers' 23-20 loss.

It was the largest fine handed down to the Steelers since James Harrison was fined $75,000 for a hit on Cleveland receiver Mohamed Massaquoi last year. That fine was later reduced to $50,000.

It was the second time in as many weeks that Clark was fined. He was fined $15,000 for hitting New England tight end Rob Gronkowski out of bounds last week.
"I led with my shoulder and did everything possibly right and to be fined $40,000, I just don`t understand," Clark said.

Clark said that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin notified him of the fine after receiving an email from the league office.

"I think it is the most ridiculous … you know, I took the last one good," Clark said. "I didn`t know the guy was out of bounds and I kept playing and I can see why you call something like that. If you watch the film in slow-motion, by the time the play is over, my back is almost turned to him to make sure that my helmet was out of the way."
The Steelers have now been fined as reported 12 times this year for a total of $182,500.

Clark said he will appeal the fine.

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%27%20Clark%20fined%20$40,000%20for%20hit% 20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_766404.html#ixzz1dEvuL7fe)

SteelDad
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I have long been an opponent of Goodell for numerous reasons and agree he needs to go, but I disagree with you on the hit. Clark's helmet clearly comes into contact with the receiver making it a helmet-to-helmet hit. Was it intentional? Nope, but Clark has a history of this.

He got the bigger fine because he is a repeat offender and I must say I'm shocked Lewis fined $15,000. Thought it would maybe be $7,500 if at all.

Goodell wants an offensive game for numerous reasons with 'safety' being about #5 on the list immediately following money, money, money and money.

Deviouz1
11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
:plus1:
I have long been an opponent of Goodell for numerous reasons and agree he needs to go, but I disagree with you on the hit. Clark's helmet clearly comes into contact with the receiver making it a helmet-to-helmet hit. Was it intentional? Nope, but Clark has a history of this.

He got the bigger fine because he is a repeat offender and I must say I'm shocked Lewis fined $15,000. Thought it would maybe be $7,500 if at all.

Goodell wants an offensive game for numerous reasons with 'safety' being about #5 on the list immediately following money, money, money and money.

HAH! :plus1:

steelchamp204
11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Not suprised at all by Clarks fine, hes done this many of times. No big deal to me. Plus I think he can handle it. Cause he makes Millions.

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 12:49 PM ---

Also. Rays fine is 20k not 15 >.>

SteelDad
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Not suprised at all by Clarks fine, hes done this many of times. No big deal to me. Plus I think he can handle it. Cause he makes Millions.

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 12:49 PM ---

Also. Rays fine is 20k not 15 >.>

20!!!! Wow! Goodell must have been having a bad day. Thanks for the correction.

steelersbabex25
11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
40K? :jawdrop:

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
And the Criminal only got 20k ? Because he is Ray Leiws and there was no penalty on the hit.

FINE, the the defenders need to start diving at players legs to tackle them. Guarantee any offensive player would rather get his bell rung than have his knees destroyed.

steelchamp204
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
And the Criminal only got 20k ? Because he is Ray Leiws and there was no penalty on the hit.

FINE, the the defenders need to start diving at players legs to tackle them. Guarantee any offensive player would rather get his bell rung than have his knees destroyed.

No Ray prob only got twenty cause hes not a repear offender. Clark is a repeat offender therefore a bigger fine. I think the Lewis fine is good enough.

steelersbabex25
11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Lewis isn't a repeat offender? HE KILLED SOMEONE!! You'd think the fines would be increased if you're a murderer.

tat2
11-09-2011, 04:13 PM
i gotta say i agree with the fines although ray-ray"s hit was worse than clark"s! clark is a repeat offender so a higher fine; i get that. what pisses me off is they flag the steelers every time and the rats get no flag! this game is a perfect example. remember last year when ben got his nose broke? NO FLAG!!! same game, someone kinda slapped flaccid's helmet and got a 15 yarder!!!!
the players can handle the fines, it might sting but it won't bankrupt anyone. the 15 yarders can kill a team!!! clark's penalty kept a drive alive which accountted for the winning margin. now the steelers are two games back in the division and essentially, that one penalty could cost home playoff games and the city of Pittsburgh MILLIONS!
MY NEW RULE: if the nearest official does not flag a play and that player is fined, said official must pay the fine instead of the player and is done for the year.
now, let's go blow some ACL's against the bungles!

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Like I said, OK, no hitting high, then the NFL had better buy a bunch of rascal scooters for players who just had their knees destroyed. It's almost like the NFL is trying to define it's own "Strike Zone" - from chest to thigh.

Ben brought up a great point after seeing the hit. Clarks helmet grazed the bottom of the TE's facemask, and out comes the flag. The defender has an aiming point and can't make the split second adjustment to move his head when the receiver lowers his head to absorb the hit. Just clear BS all the way.

Ray Lewis' fine is acceptable; what's not is it wasn't a penalty, which would have given the Steelers 1st and 10 around the Rats 20. Instead, Hines is knocked out of the game and the Steelers settle for 3.

LatrobePA
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Goodell would make a great boat anchor!! F HIM!

Ray had one like this last year on ocho stinko, his fine should of been higher..

DIESELMAN
11-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Ryan Clark, safety, Pittsburgh Steelers

Ryan Clark was fined by the NFL on Wednesday for the second time this season, this time he was docked $40,00 for a hit on Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson that drew a 15-yard penalty in the second quarter of Sunday nightís game. Clark was asked by a group of reporters if it was an illegal hit.

RC: It wasnít. I did everything I was asked to do. [NFL commissioner Roger] Goodell and all those other guys who sit in the office with their suits make these decisions on split-second reactions by the players, and this time itís wrong. Thereís nothing they can say or tell me to make me feel like itís right. Thereís no way they can write me a letter or call me to the office to say anything. Thereís [NFL executive vice-president] Ray Anderson, I think this is his situation. [Executive director of NFL Players Association] Dee Smith needs to step in, too. The hit wasnít malicious at all. I know how to knock somebody out if I want to knock them out. If I wanted to put him to sleep, Iíd have put him to sleep, but I didnít want to. I was trying to just make a play on the ball. It was the only way I would have the opportunity to make a play on the ball. If you watch the film I tucked my head to the left, almost turned my back completely to him by the time the hit was finished. Itís just wrong. Am I supposed to let him catch it? And then wait for him and hug him? Or should I throw a pillow at him? Should I blow a whistle? ďHey, look Iím about to tackle you.Ē No, thatís not football, and there was nothing malicious about it. It wasnít a spear. It wasnít a forearm to the head. It wasnít any of those things. And to be fined $40,000 for that? I mean, itís either targeting me as a single player or itís targeting this team as weíve talked about before. I try to take the high road on a lot of things. Iíve been asked a lot of questions about hits this year, and I always say Ďif itís not involving me, Iím out of it.í I didnít want us to be the team constantly complaining about hits, but this is ridiculous.

Q: What was the NFLís explanation?

RC: They didnít give me an explanation. Coach [Mike] Tomlin came to me. He got an e-mail I guess that told him I was going to be fined. But this, this is the worst, period point blank.

Q: Will you appeal it?

RC: But you appeal it to the same people. Somebody else needs to step in because Iím done with it. Itís not that I respected Rodger before this for the way heís running the game, but this is really ridiculous. Itís a football play. There wasnít any malicious play. It was to get the ball out. I actually even hit the ball. He didnít even fall backwards.

Q: The defenseless wide receiver scope has expanded this year. Do you think you were still in the right?

RC: I did. ĎDefenselessí is part of what the play looks like, but itís about the way you attack to hit him. If Iíd have jumped up and put my facemask on his helmet, or put the crown of my helmet in his neck or his facemask, Iíd understand it. But I didnít. I turned my head all the way to the left as far as it could go, so unless I get a longer neck or smaller head thereís nothing else I can do. By the time contact was fully made my back was almost turned to him. If Iím going to put that much effort into not committing the foul, and you give me $40,000 for that? I might as well put him to sleep for real. If youíre going to fine me $40,000, I might as well put him to sleep for real or blow his knee out.

Q: Ray Lewis put Hines Ward to sleep. What happened there?

RC: I donít know. They donít care about that. Ray Lewis donít play for us, so they like him. (Lewis was fined $20,000 for the hit that put Ward ďto sleep,Ē but unlike with Clark and the Steelers, the Ravens were not penalized for the play.)

Q: What did the official say on the field?

RC: All my teammates were asking him. It wasnít even important to me, honestly, because there was nothing he was going to be able to tell me that was going to make me understand. Will Gay asked if it was helmet to helmet, he was like, ĎNo, but I saw his helmet go back.í

Q: So theyíre reacting to what they hear?

RC: A blatant hit on Hines Ward to the head that wasnít flashy, didnít look like much, but per the rule is an infraction. Whereas a hit like mine was fast, quick, it looks explosive, and you make a knee-jerk reaction to that. Then once you throw the flag then you have the Cris Collinsworths of the world saying, ĎHeís going to get fined. Heís going to get fined.í And then you get Schefter and Mort, ĎHeís going to get fined. Heís going to get fined.í I feel they had to come out and do something. But this is nothing like the situations from last year where guys were actually making helmet-to-helmet contact with heads down and spearing. It was nothing like that. So to fine me $40,000 for that, heís obviously trying to prove a point. Thereís nothing Roger could tell me, Ray Anderson. Dee Smith canít call me and tell me Iím wrong. This is something we watched in slow-mo as a team to say, ĎIf youíre going to try to dislodge the ball from somebody, this is the way you should do it. This is the legal way you should do it.í

Q: Your team was watching that hit?

RC: Monday.

Q: Who said that, Tomlin?

RC: Yeah. This is what we talked about in our meeting: ĎIf youíre going to go make a play, this is how you should make it.í

Q: He used your hit as an example?

RC: Yeah.

Q: Was he as upset as you are?

RC: Yeah. Everybodyís upset. First of all, it put points on the board. Thatís first and foremost. And then you talk about a play we have that we donít get and we had to kick a field goal. So thereís the discrepancy in that. And $40,000 for that? Hey, last week I was wrong. I didnít see the guy went out of bounds. I kept playing. I take that. Youíre trying to keep a player safe. I totally agree with you. If a guyís out of bounds you shouldnít hit him. I didnít even argue that. I even applauded the NFL for trying to keep players safe. But theyíre going to get me hurt if I have to do something like that. Theyíre going to get me hurt or fired.

Q: So, if you have to do that 10 more times this season do you make that hit?

RC: I donít know how to do anything else. I donít know how to be better. I do not.

(Ben Roethlisberger from a nearby locker: It was completely legal, thatís why.)

Q: What recourse do you have?

RC: None. You can appeal but it would be an appeal to the same person. The same man is going to sit across Ė no, heís not going to sit across from because Iím not going to sit across from him, unless they handcuff me Ė which is probably the next step anyway.

Q: In the last game, you guys seemed on point for almost all but the last drive. How does the secondary proceed from here?

RC: Youíve just got to keep playing. The last play was me. It was a miscommunication between Will and I. He thought I was going to be over the top and I wasnít. Thatís fixed. I had to get the call from Larry [Foote] and understand it better. The rest of it, [Joe] Flacco made some throws. We were sitting a little soft in some of our zones. But you have to give the Ravens all the credit. They made the plays and we didnít. I didnít; one play in particular. Thatís the thing about football. I donít know if Iíve had a mental minus this season, but you get one on a play like that and it hurts the team. Iíve been sick about it for days.

Q: Isnít it natural on third-and-10 to shade Anquan Boldin over the middle instead of a rookie who just dropped one?

RC: Yeah, it is, and that had been my concentration for the drive, but that really was a situation to where I was playing a totally different defense. My focus was on Boldin but I shouldíve been looking over William also. I canít leave him out to dry like that.

Q: This week would seem to be a classic letdown scenarioó

RC: I agree.

Q: A low-energy thing before a vacationó

RC: Right, right.

Q: What can be done to prevent that?

RC: Honestly, maybe the loss helps in that regard. Would I have rather won that game and try to deal with not having a letdown? Yes, but we canít. Weíre 0 and 2 in the AFC North already, and facing a team thatís 6-2 and basically in the driverís seat to get a playoff spot. We have to beat them. We have no choice.

By Jim Wexell
SteeLCityInsider.net
Posted Nov 9, 2011

Clark makes a lot of good points. The NFL needs to realize there's a difference between a flagrant leading with the helmet hit and a clean incidental helmet hit as far as fines go. They also need to realize that a defensive player can't just wait for the WR to make the catch and then tackle him, that by far is the dumbest rule change ever.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
That's what everyone has been saying since this whole debacle started last year. These officials and league executives see a helmet to helmet and start throwing the flags and fines around to "make the game safer, and send a message".

Harrison argued the same things last year, so did Farrior, Woodley, and every other NFL player that got fined. Nobody listened, nobody cared. The people that review the appeals for fines work for the NFL and ultimately report to Roger Goodell. Where is the checks and balances?

LarryNJ
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
We’re 0 and 2 in the AFC North already, and facing a team that’s 6-2 and basically in the driver’s seat to get a playoff spot. We have to beat them. We have no choice.

Yes you do!

MattyVfromCT
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
god i hate that hypocrite goodell ray ray is a repeat offender as well.and the photos dont lie on which hit was more of a helmet to helmet hit.........

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/11/ryan-clark-ray-lewis-hits-in-steelers-ravens-game-will-be-talked-about-all-week/

pics here, they won't allow hotlinking so check them out for yourselves

LatrobePA
11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Horse ****...

MattyVfromCT
11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Horse ****...

tell me about it. the pics tell only half the story, then you take into account that ward was in the air and "defenseless" according to the nfl rulebook whereas dickson had already controlled the ball and turned upfield. goodell is more worthless than a used tampon......

AND ray ray is a REPEAT OFFENDER of helmet to helmet hits.i can think of 2 off the top of my head he was fined for in 09, against ochostinko in cincy and one in the playoffs in the endzone against the colts. goodell needs to vanish like hoffa. destroying the game of football one faggy flag and fine at a time..........

steelersbabex25
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
He also stabbed someone to death..

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
You can clearly see Clark was leading with his shoulder, Dickson dipped and their heads collided. Lewis on the other hand, is leading with the top of his helmet and speared Ward in the back of the head and no flag thrown. unreal.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Tomlin used that very hit during film sessions as an example of appropriate tackling technique. Heard it on NFL Network. If the coach says it good....its good. I loved that Ryan said he will not sit across from Goodell unless he's in handcuffs. "And thats probably the next step" I love that quote

jpele
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Guess they only look at the highlight plays, Ray Lewis also had a helmet to helmet hit on Antonio Brown. Or is there a one limit per game with fines ?

MattyVfromCT
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Guess they only look at the highlight plays, Ray Lewis also had a helmet to helmet hit on Antonio Brown. Or is there a one limit per game with fines ?

i think that was mcclain but yeah, that was definitely helmet to helmet. thats twice our receivers got hit helmet to helmet with no flags...........

steelers4life66
11-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Only one way to fix the evil lord goodell................ :snipers:

Scorp
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Only one way to fix the evil lord goodell................ :snipers:

No, no, no. Like this bro.....:postal:

steelers4life66
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
No, no, no. Like this bro.....:postal:
Rambo style....:lol:

LatrobePA
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I love this quote from Clark:

"Am I supposed to let him catch it and then wait for him and hug him?" Clark said. "Should I throw a pillow at him? Should I blow a whistle? 'Hey look, I'm about to tackle you.' No, that's not football

steelersbabex25
11-09-2011, 10:31 PM
"Should I throw a pillow at him" :rofl:

Root4Stlrs
11-10-2011, 03:48 AM
The worst part of the Lewis hit on Hines was that he didn't maintain possession of the ball because he was knocked out by the helmet to helmet hit. So Harbaugh throws the red flag to get the catch overturned on what was actually an illegal play.

Raleigh Steel
11-10-2011, 08:14 AM
this whole thing is bull sh*t...it was bull sh*t last season and it is this season...and the blatant double standard of penalties and fines being levied against the steelers can not be ignored...not even being a homer with that comment. this is getting more ridiculous each game, but especially when the ravens are involved. last season they almost decapitated heath miller! last year they broke ben's nose! neither were flagged...or fined!

if there is a silver lining in all of this...and you really have to search for one...is that maybe it keeps this team fired up to go into this weeks must win game against the kitty kats. hopefully they are pissed off from not only the loss but with the league as well, for once again, sh*tting on the steelers...and they take it out on the kitties.

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 08:39 AM
i gotta say i agree with the fines although ray-ray"s hit was worse than clark"s! clark is a repeat offender so a higher fine; i get that. what pisses me off is they flag the steelers every time and the rats get no flag! this game is a perfect example. remember last year when ben got his nose broke? NO FLAG!!! same game, someone kinda slapped flaccid's helmet and got a 15 yarder!!!!
the players can handle the fines, it might sting but it won't bankrupt anyone. the 15 yarders can kill a team!!! clark's penalty kept a drive alive which accountted for the winning margin. now the steelers are two games back in the division and essentially, that one penalty could cost home playoff games and the city of Pittsburgh MILLIONS!
MY NEW RULE: if the nearest official does not flag a play and that player is fined, said official must pay the fine instead of the player and is done for the year.
now, let's go blow some ACL's against the bungles!

Put the bong down.

--- Added 11/10/2011 at 06:40 AM ---

this whole thing is bull sh*t...it was bull sh*t last season and it is this season...and the blatant double standard of penalties and fines being levied against the steelers can not be ignored...not even being a homer with that comment. this is getting more ridiculous each game, but especially when the ravens are involved. last season they almost decapitated heath miller! last year they broke ben's nose! neither were flagged...or fined!

if there is a silver lining in all of this...and you really have to search for one...is that maybe it keeps this team fired up to go into this weeks must win game against the kitty kats. hopefully they are pissed off from not only the loss but with the league as well, for once again, sh*tting on the steelers...and they take it out on the kitties.

The rough tough Steelers complaining about being roughed up. What's wrong with that picture? Do you know how pathetic you sound?

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Put the bong down.

--- Added 11/10/2011 at 06:40 AM ---

The rough tough Steelers complaining about being roughed up. What's wrong with that picture? Do you know how pathetic you sound?

There's a difference between being 'roughed up' and physically assaulted resulting in injury on the field and for the record, I don't think anyone is complaining about the 'roughness.' The complaining comes from the lack of consistency in calls.

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
There's a difference between being 'roughed up' and physically assaulted resulting in injury on the field and for the record, I don't think anyone is complaining about the 'roughness.' The complaining comes from the lack of consistency in calls.

The same song is sung in every NFL city.Everybody thinks their team is getting screwed. Would you say Hines Ward assaulted people with his legal but cheap shots? Do you think the Bengal whose jaw was broke thinks so? You can't have it both ways.

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
The same song is sung in every NFL city.Everybody thinks their team is getting screwed. Would you say Hines Ward assaulted people with his legal but cheap shots? Do you think the Bengal whose jaw was broke thinks so? You can't have it both ways.

Can't have what both ways? Put your head on a swivel son, it's football, not ballet.

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Can't have what both ways? Put your head on a swivel son, it's football, not ballet.

You just proved my point. You whine about calls unless they go for your team. Remember those words when you're whining about your poor Steelers being abused. "It's football, not ballet."

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
You just proved my point. You whine about calls unless they go for your team. Remember those words when you're whining about your poor Steelers being abused. "It's football, not ballet."

the calls arent the issue its the nfl's inconsistency on what gets flagged and fined. now go play on the freeway troll......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
the calls arent the issue its the nfl's inconsistency on what gets flagged and fined. now go play on the freeway troll......

You mean the fact that the Steelers are always the ones getting screwed don't you? LOL The whining is about calls. Matty.

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
You mean the fact that the Steelers are always the ones getting screwed don't you? LOL The whining is about calls. Matty.

once again einstein, if both fines were the same and ray was flagged as well we wouldn't be having this discussion. we hate the new rules and the fines but if they were the same across the board nobody would have an issue. is it that hard for your simple mind to process? and for someone who claims to be a grown man with kids, you certainly have a lot of time to troll, and you troll like a highschool kid. shouldn't you be busy, oh i don't know, working to support your "family"? of course not, because you're full of ****. you're a pathetic little boy who lives in his mommy's basement eating cheetos and watching cartoons. and once again, if you want to talk trash, grow a pair and show up BEFORE the game. don't be a bitch chirping after the fact.....

LatrobePA
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Later.,.

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 10:25 AM
once again einstein, if both fines were the same and ray was flagged as well we wouldn't be having this discussion. we hate the new rules and the fines but if they were the same across the board nobody would have an issue. is it that hard for your simple mind to process? and for someone who claims to be a grown man with kids, you certainly have a lot of time to troll, and you troll like a highschool kid. shouldn't you be busy, oh i don't know, working to support your "family"? of course not, because you're full of ****. you're a pathetic little boy who lives in his mommy's basement eating cheetos and watching cartoons. and once again, if you want to talk trash, grow a pair and show up BEFORE the game. don't be a bitch chirping after the fact.....

Poor little Matty. Do you ever say anything even remotely intelligent? Have you ever read any trash talk from me? Sorry little Matty, you haven't. I have never talked trash about the Steelers, never mentioned who won or lost a game. What I do is laugh at you and the fans of all teams who cry and whine about how their team gets screwed by the league or the officials. Do you really enjoy the games or just enjoy complaining after them?

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Poor little Matty. Do you ever say anything even remotely intelligent? Have you ever read any trash talk from me? Sorry little Matty, you haven't. I have never talked trash about the Steelers, never mentioned who won or lost a game. What I do is laugh at you and the fans of all teams who cry and whine about how their team gets screwed by the league or the officials. Do you really enjoy the games or just enjoy complaining after them?

you're coming on here taking shots at steeler fans saying we are "whining" and "crying". that falls under trash talk in my book. and you idiots are ones to talk. can't tell you how many ravens fans i've heard complain about officiating and even take it to the next step believing there's an nfl conspiracy to help the steelers win games. and really, have you said anything intelligent on here? what is your purpose of being here? better yet what is your purpose in this life? to be an obnoxious troll? if so you've succeeded. go play in traffic.....

ejsteeler
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
You posted to quick Matty, this was obviously for oops.....

:troll1: :tool: :trollsign:

Obviously has no desire to talk football. Only way to make him go away is to ignore him until he leaves or added something intelligent to a conversation.:OA02:

OOPS!
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
you're coming on here taking shots at steeler fans saying we are "whining" and "crying". that falls under trash talk in my book. and you idiots are ones to talk. can't tell you how many ravens fans i've heard complain about officiating and even take it to the next step believing there's an nfl conspiracy to help the steelers win games. and really, have you said anything intelligent on here? what is your purpose of being here? better yet what is your purpose in this life? to be an obnoxious troll? if so you've succeeded. go play in traffic.....

Come on Matty you have to be more intelligent then that. First all you don't get to define trash talk. Secondly I bash ALL fans who cry and whine about calls or non calls. You clowns don't want to enjoy the games you want to cry and complain after them. My purpose as far as you are concerned is to laugh at your absurd drivel. Go play in traffic? Really? Is that the best you can do? Ask your classmates for a new line.

--- Added 11/10/2011 at 08:59 AM ---

You posted to quick Matty, this was obviously for oops.....

:troll1: :tool: :trollsign:

Obviously has no desire to talk football. Only way to make him go away is to ignore him until he leaves or added something intelligent to a conversation.:OA02:

Then talk football. Look at the threads on the main page. Very few are about talking football, most are complaining about one thing or another.

SteelDad
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
We lost to our rivals twice in the same season and if we resort, in your opinion, to whining then it is our choice. I think you'll find our "whining" however, has more to do with Goodell and our poor performance than with the Ravens or any other team.

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Come on Matty you have to be more intelligent then that. First all you don't get to define trash talk. Secondly I bash ALL fans who cry and whine about calls or non calls. You clowns don't want to enjoy the games you want to cry and complain after them. My purpose as far as you are concerned is to laugh at your absurd drivel. Go play in traffic? Really? Is that the best you can do? Ask your classmates for a new line.

--- Added 11/10/2011 at 08:59 AM ---

Then talk football. Look at the threads on the main page. Very few are about talking football, most are complaining about one thing or another.

oh yes because everything that comes out of your trap is harvard grad-esque. i forgot, we arent talking to OOPS! We are talking to werner von braun here. i do enjoy the games and the only thing i said about the calls is that it's bs that both didnt receive the same penalty on the field AND the wallet. and really, youre going to tell other people to talk football when all you are doing is "laughing at other fans" (your words, not mine) and making light of the penn state scandal? grow up, stop trying to pass yourself off as an intellect and do something with your life. this trolling **** aint working out for ya......

MattyVfromCT
11-10-2011, 11:06 AM
We lost to our rivals twice in the same season and if we resort, in your opinion, to whining then it is our choice. I think you'll find our "whining" however, has more to do with Goodell and our poor performance than with the Ravens or any other team.

Thank you!

Nolrog
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Clark's hit was a good clean legal hit on a reciever who just caught the ball. Their helmets did hit even though he led with his shoulder. In today's NFL, that is a penalty and a fine and I don't have a problem with that.

The problem that I do have is that the rule I mentioned above is not applied consistently. Ray Lewis hit Ward on a similar play and it wasn't called. Going back to last year, the Ravens almost decapitated Heath Miller and it wasn't called. If you're going to call it, fine, but you have to call it consistently and every time.

Rampage
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I really couldn't care less about the fines; they seem to require judgement on the part of the person setting them and the actual process seems to be somewhat ambiguous. One week, a player with deliver a hard helmet-to-helmet hit and there will be no flag or fine. Sometimes there will be no flag, but a fine and vice versa.

The issue is that some calls are being made on the field and some aren't. This can be said for every type of call; however, a 15 yard penalty can have serious effects when it comes to the outcome of a game, especially when the player being hit is injured. I am not saying that Clark's hit wasn't illegal, but if you call that, you must call Lewis' hit. It is getting to the point where these helmet-to-helmet hits should be called down from the booth instead of being called on the field, or they should just be eliminated altogether. The threat of penalties and fines does not seem to have any effect on the occurrence of these hits, so I really see little value to these judgement calls that can cause dramatic swings in a game. Go back to calling late hits and spearing, but eliminate these penalties for helmet-to-helmet hits.

steelersbabex25
11-10-2011, 03:18 PM
:whistle:

SteelerSteve
11-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I would pay every cent I have to see Goodell return a kickoff, one on one with Ryan Clark