PDA

View Full Version : No confidence in Jason Worilds from Lebeau & Tomlin?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2011, 11:12 PM
In 2011 he has 7 total tackles, 1 solo in games played. He's been fighting a nagging quad injury since early in the season. In preseason he was quiet as well and if you remember Coach Butler called him out saying he's got the talent but they need to figure out a way motivate and drag it out of him.

In the Steelers situation currently so many linebackers in and out of the lineup he is one guy that in theory should be a no brainer to insert in the lineup on the outside. The 7 tackles he has this year all came in the Ravens game but as we know stats are misleading at times. A solo tackle is pretty self explanatory but the assists are of course he and other players in on the tackle. He was swallowed up on both sides of the line when he played on Sunday and the times that I watched him exclusively he was usually blown out of the play or handled by either of the Raven's Tackles.

Now yes, this is only his second year and he's been fighting injuries so you have to keep that in mind. Still though based on his training camp and preseason, and then considering how well he played last year in spot duty vs this year it's clear that he has regressed some. You wonder how much confidence Lebeau and Tomlin have in him when you consider that if Farrior plays this week then Timmons will go back to the outside in Woodley's spot and Foote will continue in the middle as a starter. It's hard to label a player a bust in his second year but he's certainly not doing himself any favors thus far.

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 11:52 PM
He seems fat and slow...

uclkyle
11-09-2011, 02:15 AM
He's young. Also, I wouldn't say Tomlin has no confidence in him. If you read the PPG today, Tomlin actually complimented him.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-09-2011, 02:57 PM
He's a bust

K Train
11-09-2011, 05:21 PM
has anyone ever? he was on the field cause he was a body last week, and when he was on the field he was just that....a body

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Yet another 2nd round bust. . .In 2012, Steelers should trade away their 2nd round pick for an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

K Train
11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Yet another 2nd round bust. . .In 2012, Steelers should trade away their 2nd round pick for an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.
how about trade the second and next years second for a first...we seem to do ok on them

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 08:59 PM
has anyone ever? he was on the field cause he was a body last week, and when he was on the field he was just that....a body

In Tomlin's press conference, he was asked about how Worilds did. He said he liked the effort, did some good things, but still had improvement to do. That's putting it mildly. He finished with 7 total tackles, 1 of them solo, but every time I saw him he was getting blown up.

He's got the physical tools and he played well last year in spot duty, logic would say he's going to take the next step in 2011 but so far...not hardly!

K Train
11-09-2011, 11:14 PM
i dont think he played well last year...his only real playing time was against the dolphins i think....he like got some pressure i guess, but nothing real special about the handful of snaps he played

ive said all along i dont think we should really expect too much out of worilds

harpo
11-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm willing to wait and see how (or "IF") he develops. If not, Chris Carter looks promising and there's always the draft.

Rampage
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Did anyone else notice that he seemed a lot heavier? I thought he looked a good 20 pounds heavier than the last time I saw him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I noticed that too, I almost didn't recognize him in his new number. When he was chasing down Joe Flacco a few times he was definitely a few steps behind. I think he reported to training camp overweight as well but I'd have to check again to be sure.