PDA

View Full Version : What should the offensive plan be against the Bengals?

PITTxPRIDE
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I hope we step up, because and dalton isnt lookin to shabby, so im wondering, what has to be done on offense to counter the bengals luck streak?
btw my best freind is a bengals fan, so if we win how should i go about rubbing it in??? :reddevil:

LarryNJ
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I haven't watched them at all this year so I have no idea.

The best way to rub it in is simply say good game, see you for the next one. :)

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 02:38 PM
If we win make your buddy color his hair to match Daltons fire bush!

SnakeEyes43
11-08-2011, 03:09 PM
If we win make your buddy color his hair to match Daltons fire bush!

LMFAO!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Bengals 10th against the pass, allowing 216.8 yds per game

2nd against the rush allowing 84.5 yds per game.

6 way tie for 11th in the league in sacks, with 20 total.

You have an offense that can throw the ball so you have to use that advantage. The offensive line is playing better in pass protection too.

With a team like this you get up on them early and force Dalton to throw all day long and see how he does. You can pin your ears back and come after him then, not having to worry about the rush. Let Ben use the same gameplan he tried against the Patriots and the Ravens. Short passes, quick release, quick drops, and see if they can keep up. You open up the run game too then and of course set yourself up for some splash plays down the field.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-08-2011, 09:40 PM
U have to hit the Bungels with a mixture of pass and runs, and make them think we are doing one thing and do another it worked well with the Rats to, when we are in pass formation run and when we are in run formation pass, one of my friends is a huge Bungels fan he is talking mad smack especially after we lost to the RATS,so i hope we beat the sh^! out of em,and rub it in by saying nothing but smiling at him if we win! I watched em last week they looked good against the Titans in the second half, there defense is playing good ball right now! but we need this game more than them so i'm confident we win sunday:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 12:34 AM
The offensive gameplan wasn't a bad one against the Ravens. The Steelers offensive line did a pretty good job holding the Ravens pass rush in check and gave Ben plenty of time to throw the ball throughout the game. There's no reason to think they can't do the same.

The Bengals are a young team playing with a lot of confidence and enthusiasm. If you throw everything you've got at them on offense and confuse them you can score some points on them, I have little doubt of that. The best offense they have faced up until the Steelers this Sunday, is the Bills.

Sun. Sept. 11 at Cleveland1 p.m. Cleveland Browns Stadium Sun.
Sept. 18 at Denver4:15 p.m. INVESCO Field at Mile High Sun.
Sept. 25 SAN FRANCISCO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium Sun.
Oct. 2 BUFFALO 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
Sun. Oct. 9 at Jacksonville1 p.m. Everbank Field Sun.
Oct. 16 INDIANAPOLIS 1 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium
--BYE-- Sun. Oct. 30 at Seattle 4:15 p.m. Qwest Field Sun.
Nov. 6 at Tennessee4:05 p.m. LP Field

In that game Fitzpatrick threw for 199 yds and Fred Jackson ran for 66 yds. The defense played well in that game except for the 2nd quarter when Buffalo scored 17 points. Give them credit, the Bills have a pretty high powered offense but Fitzpatrick is no Ben Roethlisberger just yet and I'll stack our group of WR's and Heath Miller up against anyone in the league.

Goodfrom55
11-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Test them early and adjust accordingly. I'm pretty sure the Bengals will send every blitz imagineable at the Steelers to see if the O-line can pick it up (as they should). Early on, I look (hope) for quick release passes, looking to Miller again, and running to set up play action, trying to hit Brown and Wallace in open space in stride.

AND FOR LOVE OF GOD, NO MORE #$$%^&s! BUBBLE SCREENS TO WR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
You can bet the Bengals linebackers will be on the lookout for those Bubble screen plays so hopefully Arians has talked to Ben about atleast looking before you throw those.

The WR slant is something we don't do near enough and it's money every single time. Santonio Holmes used to have a field day on that play against the Bengals.