PDA

View Full Version : Behind Enemy Lines - Cincinnati Bengals

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/topstory/behindenemylines/behindenemylinesbengals.jpg

The Steelers have one more game before the bye is finally here and they can rest up, recharge, and get ready for the home stretch. The Bengals fans have hyping up the Super Bowl talk according to SA friends who live in Ohio. What is new, it's what they do. They win a couple games and the playoff talk starts.

Regardless, this is a must win for the Steelers. Divisional matchup, no way you can afford to lose 3 divisional games and expect to do anything in the postseason. See what the Bungal fans are saying...

BengalsZone - Link (http://forums.bengalszone.com/forum/2-cincinnati-bengals/)

Bengals Official Boards - Link (http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Cincy Bengals - Link (http://forums.cincybengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3) - We have some history with this board, we've been semi affiliates with them in the past and have had some great debates and bets on the games.

Bengals World - Link (http://bengalsworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

Go Bengals - Link (http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showforum=4)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2011, 11:48 PM
A few threads popping up already...

Do you hate the the Steelers thread...LOL

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89608

Worried about how many Steeler fans will show up..LOL

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89574

DIESELMAN
11-08-2011, 01:10 AM
What a bunch of window lickers lol

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

jpele
11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Bungholes week....This should be entertaining.

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Bengals will come into this game big headed and will get stomped... Fire hair needs to get worked over..

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Last year the bengals appeared to have maybe 5 fans in the whole world. Things have changed a bit this year. The Steelers job is to reverse this disturbing trend.

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Here in central Ohio it's sickening!!

steelers4life66
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Some of them are talking about sweeping us and the ravens. Talk about delusional. Not saying they can't get at least one out of those 4 games but a sweep. :lol:

Raleigh Steel
11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
my buddy, who is a bunghole fan, has been chirping all season...ben is a liability, when ben gets hurt they call in a benjury (fake injury), andy dalton is the best QB in the division...half the time i know he's just trying to get a rise out of me, but most of it he's delusionally serious.

i told him a couple of weeks ago that he'll have to shut up...yet again...when the steelers come to town for the bungholes bi-annual colonoscopy...cause the steelers are gonna get so far up the kitty kat's arse!!!!

welcome to bengals week...AKA must win week part 2...the sequel

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
When Cinci drafted Dalton some of our draft experts out here loved the pick stating he was sorry. Do they still feel the same way half way through his 1st pro season?

Serious question here...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
That's the way the bungal fans are, you win a game and suddenly you are the best at everything. Then when you lose they stop showing up.

I give them the win over the Bills, Fitzpatrick is a decent QB but the rest of their schedule is a cake walk. It's not they've faced a top rated defense and actually did a good job against them yet either.

It must suck to have such a Shittastic team for so long and then you win some games and you still can't sell out your own stadium...didn't Mike Brown buy up the extra tickets just so it would be a sell out? LOL

MattyVfromCT
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Some of them are talking about sweeping us and the ravens. Talk about delusional. Not saying they can't get at least one out of those 4 games but a sweep. :lol:

U been watching bengalsrunthis vids? Lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

steelers4life66
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
U been watching bengalsrunthis vids? Lol

I'm not subbed to him. Haven't taken on any new subbs this year. It's probably gonna be my last year doing the TTC. Too many kids getting involved.

JensK
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Let them have the euphoria.. Its not often they win :lol:

chisteeler
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
It must suck to have such a Shittastic team for so long and then you win some games and you still can't sell out your own stadium...didn't Mike Brown buy up the extra tickets just so it would be a sell out? LOL

I think he actually made Carson Palmer purchase the remaining tickets as part of his package to finally leave Cincy...lol

steelers4life66
11-08-2011, 07:08 PM
What a pathetic fan base.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bengals-Fan-selling-my-allegiance-city-wants-me-/140498389819?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b65b4b3b

LatrobePA
11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Lol I was talking to a huge bungles fan tonight, I told him the only time I'll root for them is when they play the ravens, he got me when he said

"well someone has to beat them the steelers sure as he'll can't"

He got me lol

Big T
11-08-2011, 11:21 PM
They havent even beaten anyone good. They've beaten the browns, colts, bills, seahawks, titans, and jags. Ew. The only one that wasn't close was the Seahawks. I'm not buying it. They also lost to Denver. These next two weeks will determine whether they are contenders or pretenders...and like I said, in not buying into them.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Who can take the Bengals being on top of the Div. right now? Not me.

SnakeEyes43
11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Some pretty entertaining responses on the "Do you hate the Steelers?" thread. Haha.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Do their fans even remember the last time someone referred to them as "Who Dey"? Someone outside of Cincinnati that is!

--- Added 11/10/2011 at 10:16 AM ---

Thanks for the welcome! Definitely here for the long haul. This team has the never quit attitude and drive that is so rare these days. Long-time Dalton fan and followed him here, but have really adopted the whole team. Finally a team worth supporting. An extract from jungle noise.

floodcitygirl
11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
You have no idea how many times a day I have heard or seen in print who dey this season. You hear who dey any time the Steelers lose....even if the bengals aren't playing! This Sunday is a must win....believe me! :duh:

connecticutsteel
11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
As long as we can move the ball and noy turn it over we are golden no way a rookie beats us . Any one know the last time a rookie beat us?

Rampage
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Due to last week's loss, this is definitely a must win game. A loss here would not only put the team in an 0-3 hole within the division, but could potentially have ill effects on the team's confidence level (see 2009). Two things need to happen this week. First, the team needs to win. Second, they need to get out of the game healthy. The team needs to stay healthy and start getting players back instead of losing them to injuries.

coldrolled
11-10-2011, 01:19 PM
We play Cassell... the last veteran QB before the payoffs.

We should win all the games hands down. KC will be our toughest task.

The rest of the teams have new QB's

Oh, Fire Arians...

harpo
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
As long as we can move the ball and noy turn it over we are golden no way a rookie beats us . Any one know the last time a rookie beat us?

I think it was Troy Smith back in '07.

steelers4life66
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Do their fans even remember the last time someone referred to them as "Who Dey"? Someone outside of Cincynatti that is!

2005.....:lol:

SnakeEyes43
11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Must. Win. Game.

TampaSteelGirl
11-11-2011, 03:28 PM
NO TURNOVERS....WE WILL WIN! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2011, 10:03 AM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89874

I would love to have a discussion about all that is wrong with the Steelers. I'm doing this because I am a little less confident as I was in the beginning of the week,

Please, one of their members actually said because Marvin Lewis has seen our defense for years that Dalton won't be surprised??!! Just because you've seen it for year doesn't mean you can stop it :lol:

Raleigh Steel
11-12-2011, 03:15 PM
think about this...the last time the bengals own a playoff game was 1991...the 1990 season

in that season, jacksonville, carolina, houston, and the ravens did not exist. tennessee was still in houston as the oilers (which was the team they beat in the playoffs). the cardinals went by phoenix, the rams and the raiders were still in L.A. and the seahawks were in the AFC.

MattyVfromCT
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=89874

Please, one of their members actually said because Marvin Lewis has seen our defense for years that Dalton won't be surprised??!! Just because you've seen it for year doesn't mean you can stop it :lol:

LOL morons! Seeing james harrison on film and seeing him in person and feeling how hard he hits are two completely different things. and then there's 10 other defenders to worry about on top of that lol

Speeed
11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Their fans seem okay to me. They are not really talking pointless crap for the most part, and have confidence in their team, as they should, they have pretty good record. In fact, better than ours. Why shouldn't they be confident?

What I find puzzling is the consensus is out O-line is in "disarray." Either they are misinformed or ignorant. Either way is fine, I think they will be in for a surprise. Our line held just fine against the Ravens, which says it all.

Wind-schmind. They forget, Heinz field is no indoor Shangri-La.

Could they win? Sure. Will they, I doubt it.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2011, 09:57 PM
The talk pointless crap all the time, you're just not hearing it...LOL. Most of them know we have their number every year, they'd be dumb not too. However they have confidence for the first time in a long time that finally they are starting to put together a decent roster. However like any other QB it's a learning process and playing AFC North games against the Browns is a far cry from playing against the Steelers or Ravens.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Ok Trolls get yur game on.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2011, 04:20 PM
It was a hard fought game today but in the end the rookie QB fizzled out and made the big mistake. The Bengals are clearly improved but the Steelers get the big win on the road and send the Bungal fans home sad again.

It took the Steelers fans buying out the rest of the tickets in order for them to even sell out the game.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
It was a hard fought game today but in the end the rookie QB fizzled out and made the big mistake. The Bengals are clearly improved but the Steelers get the big win on the road and send the Bungal fans home sad again.

It took the Steelers fans buying out the rest of the tickets in order for them to even sell out the game.

Wow! They couldn't even sell out a Steelers game? That is truly sad!

--- Added 11/13/2011 at 03:29 PM ---

Looks like the true Bengal fans are taking this loss as a learning experience and not whining like the Rats fans do. I have never respected Bengal fans because I cannot tolerate whiners...maybe, just maybe since the trash talkers are gone, they might become tolerable. MAYBE

steelers4life66
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Jesus, all I'm hearing over there is how the refs cost them the game. What a bunch of crybaby bitches.

floodcitygirl
11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
It took the Steelers fans buying out the rest of the tickets in order for them to even sell out the game.Like I said, this was the first game Cincy has sold out....since the Steelers were here last season! :tt02:

LarryNJ
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM

They are very much an improved team. They have a great chance at beating the Rats one game for sure. I hope they continue to improve, I like to play in a tough division.

Jesus, all I'm hearing over there is how the refs cost them the game. What a bunch of crybaby bitches.

Sounds like many of us last week. :lol:

steelers4life66
11-13-2011, 10:28 PM
They are very much an improved team. They have a great chance at beating the Rats one game for sure. I hope they continue to improve, I like to play in a tough division.

Sounds like many of us last week. :lol:

Yeah, but our complaints were legitimate.:greengrin:

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
It's all ready starting up here in Ohio:

Steelers only won because Green, Hall went down!

Haaa, funny how they forget we were w/ out: Woodley, Sanders, Battles, D-Sep, who else??

TheButt
11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Got this off of one of their blogs... funny as all hell you got to admit...

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Ben Roethlisberger. There’s the fact that he looks like a fat, homeless Will Ferrell. That his waddling touchdown celebration looks as though he’s just been given a short cut to a Golden Corral all-you-can-eat buffet. That he defies mathematics by having a third down completion percentage of 119%. The fact that he appears to be made of Teflon, professionally and socially. But when he shook Andy Dalton’s hand at the end of a closer game than anyone was predicting two months ago, and told him “You’re playing lights out. I’ll see you in three weeks” he was right. Right that Dalton – despite two fourth quarter interceptions – has been playing superb football. Right to treat Dalton as an equal.

This is even funnier..

I usually like to rip on Hines Ward (he looks like someone who should die about twenty minutes into a Bond movie)

Good stuff.

LatrobePA
11-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Lol Dalton threw the game away and had a very flukie TD pass that 9 out of 10 times is intercepted...

Speeed
11-14-2011, 07:35 PM
I got two reasons why all of that does not matter . . . .

Got this off of one of their blogs... funny as all hell you got to admit...

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Ben Roethlisberger. There’s the fact that he looks like a fat, homeless Will Ferrell. That his waddling touchdown celebration looks as though he’s just been given a short cut to a Golden Corral all-you-can-eat buffet. That he defies mathematics by having a third down completion percentage of 119%. The fact that he appears to be made of Teflon, professionally and socially. But when he shook Andy Dalton’s hand at the end of a closer game than anyone was predicting two months ago, and told him “You’re playing lights out. I’ll see you in three weeks” he was right. Right that Dalton – despite two fourth quarter interceptions – has been playing superb football. Right to treat Dalton as an equal.

This is even funnier..

I usually like to rip on Hines Ward (he looks like someone who should die about twenty minutes into a Bond movie)

Good stuff.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/../img/topstory/behindenemylines/behindenemylinesbengals.jpg

Time to bring back the awesome Bungals week thread, as it were.

Round 2 of Bengals vs Steelers happens this Sunday, but this time it's at Heinz. Their amazing, come from behind, Super Bowl caliber, win against the Browns has them flying high right now :coffeecough:

If there's a team that you love to trash talk with, it always has to be the Bengals fans or any AFC North team.

I'm sure they'll be talking trash as the week goes on.

BengalsZone - Link (http://forums.bengalszone.com/forum/2-cincinnati-bengals/)

Bengals Official Boards - Link (http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)

Cincy Bengals - Link (http://forums.cincybengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3) - We have some history with this board, we've been semi affiliates with them in the past and have had some great debates and bets on the games.

Bengals World - Link (http://bengalsworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

Go Bengals - Link (http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showforum=4)

LatrobePA
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
A must win game for both teams IMO... Bengals more so than us, but none the less a must win in my book!

Raleigh Steel
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
my buddy who's a bengals fan text me after the game as a preemptive strike saying "good game". i don't think he wanted me to talk trash on him, even though he'd been talking trash all year long. btw, i never talk trash...it's just not in me...unless someone wants to really engage me.

any ways, after about 5 texts, back and forth, it started sounding like he was trying to talk trash after a loss. so i thought i'd have some fun with him. he said, it would have been totally different had a.j. green not gotten hurt. so i told him that's what green gets for going up and trying to make a catch in the end zone. if he didn't try to be a hero he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

then he text back and says that green was "beasting on (our) secondary." i texted back: "yeah, for 1 play. good for him! lol"

bunghole fans are truly delusional!

CowherPower
11-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Must win game for the Steelers no question about it. These divisional games are of the utmost importance every year but especially now after having lost 2 of them. YOu simply can't afford to split a series with the Bengals with them nipping at the heels of the Steelers in the standings.

I always enjoy, if not laugh out loud, at the Cincy fans. They have the unique ability to talk trash every year even when they suck.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
The trashiest of trashers. Sept the ragings and of course the Dawgs. Oh, hell the whole damn division is the trashiest of trash talkers in the NFL. The steelers included. That goes for me.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Some of them still think Cincy can win the division... LOL

http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/23294-bengals-steelers-pregame-chatter/

It would take a total meltdown from Baltimore and us before that will happen.

LatrobePA
11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm hoping the Bengals and their rookie QB have a major melt down this weekend!!

DIESELMAN
11-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm hoping the Bengals and their rookie QB have a major melt down this weekend!!

Don't hold your breath, Dalton might be a rookie but he's not your typical rookie. Every game he plays, he gets better and more seasoned.

LatrobePA
11-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Don't hold your breath, Dalton might be a rookie but he's not your typical rookie. Every game he plays, he gets better and more seasoned.

I agree 100%...

Troyisabeast_43
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Dalton and this Bengals team will give the Steelers all they can handle this weekend at Heinz Field. The Bengals have been in every single game they have played in this season win or lose and Dalton is one of these QB's he just keeps on coming and wont quit. The Steelers should still win this game but a bad effort in this game against the Bengals or any kind of major mistakes will cost the Steelers big time should they do them in this game against the Bengals...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
This is a must win game folks, there is no denying. As much as you hate to say it in week 13, it really is. You lose 3 divisional games you don't deserve to make the playoffs.

The Bengals have this is a must win as well I'm sure, even more than we do.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Cincinattee fans you reading this thread: :bigfinger:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2011, 11:40 PM
http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=32294

Why are they so surprised to hear Ben praise Dalton in an interview. Even before all the trouble Ben was in he never talked poorly or negatively about another teams QB that I can recall. He's always been politically correct so as not to stir the pot.

In this case with Dalton you can't help but think he's got a great chance for rookie of the year.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
At this point in time and for the Steelers I wouldn't be takin any team for granted. The spoiler is lurkin out there somewhere. Gotta be a worry to Ben and Co.

floodcitygirl
12-03-2011, 12:51 PM
The bungal fans always take the games against the Steelers as their Super Bowl. They truly believe that to the Steelers and Steeler fans there is as big of a rivalry as exists in their minds. They don't understand that to most Steeler fans they have barely existed until this year. This would exclude those of us who have to share a city with these people! :banging:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2011, 01:50 PM
The Red Rifle still reminds me of Neil O'Donnell......sure he is having a real nice season especially for a rookie........But he did throw a game ending INT the last time we faced them......I'm telling Andy Dalton will have a Neil O'Donnell type career......He will be solid but never good enough to take a team to the mountain top.........

SteelerJay
12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a few buddys who are bungals fans and they always tell me the same thing

" the steelers are overated every year, that the only reason they win are cause the refs make sure they win "

" Big ben is a cry baby worse then brady, as soon as he gets hit he crys for a flag "

" the steelers are cheaters they give cheap blows that hurt players but dont get flagged for it "

blah blah blah, just last year the bengals were bottom dwellers, this year because they have young new players who are decent other then green who I will give he can be a great WR in this league as long as he doesnt go to jail..

This is a must win this week, if we drop this game we might still make a 6th seed but count the division out, hell if we lose i dont even wanna see us in the playoffs

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 12:13 AM
It's the same old **** every time the Steelers play either the Browns or the Bengals. Both of those teams whine like crazy because they always suck, never make a super bowl run, and end up sitting on their couches every January. Bitterness is the best way to describe their fans.

Cincy has a good QB in Dalton now but their fans are still asshats most of the time.

The Browns, well, they're the Browns...

LatrobePA
12-04-2011, 09:56 AM
They had a good QB in Palmer and still couldn't win. This team is different and I take my hat off to Lewis for finally getting rid of the circus act!

IMO they deserve to win a few games, just not this week! Lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
The Bengals put up a good fight this year but in the end they don't yet have what it takes to hang with the big boys.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Black@Gold Forever32
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
There is nothing special about The Red Rifle...solid QB and will have a solid career....but nothing special....

steelersbabex25
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Yep. Sorry Bungals, gotta put together more than a half of a season to be considered a top contender.