PDA

View Full Version : This one is on Dick Lebeau

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Ok, when the team is just dinking and dunking it on you and not really throwing anything over 10 yards, could you please switch out of zone and into man? Also, I dont think the steelers had 1, 3 and out this whole game(correct me if im wrong) but seriouly its rediculous. Joe was 12-14 on 3rd down coversions or more. I think the defense looked as bad as the Pats did the week before except for Harrison. Also, how many of you here saw Rice side carting Flacco and said "The ball is going to rice" just for him to be wide open in the flat to catch a pass for a first down. Twice I think we had Kiesel come out and guard him. IS DL CRAZY, putting a dlinemen on a running back. I just cant believe it took him so long to adjust to the ravens short passing game. We were so succesful in shutting down the GOAT Qb last week and his weapons but decided not to give up the big play against the Ravens? I know Im ranting on this, but losing 2 to the ravens during the season can be as bad as it gets. I know we might make the playoffs and so be it, but i think losing to these loudmouths twice sucks major balls IMHO. Tomlin was outcoached, DL was outcoached. Arians did a good job and Ben did a good jon running the offense. It was a shame how many times we had a chance to get off the field and necer did. It's not like they were all 3rd and shorts. Some were more than 3 and 6. The turnover ratio is pathetic to. I dont know when the team will get an interception but something is def wrong somewhere.

SteelCityVoice
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
They did have one three and out right before the O scored the go ahead TD I think. One....that was it.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:11 AM
They did have one three and out right before the O scored the go ahead TD I think. One....that was it.

Ok, thanks. I was overwhelmed with all the third downs the defense gave up.

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Defense put the Steelers in position to score its second TD. Then they made a stop and gave the ball back to the offense with just of 4 minutes. Steelers score and they win 27-16 and everyone says how the defense did great. Whoever is expecting this defense to hold teams to under 20 points every time is in for a lot of pain the rest of this season.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Defense put the Steelers in position to score its second TD. Then they made a stop and gave the ball back to the offense with just of 4 minutes. Steelers score and they win 27-16 and everyone says how the defense did great. Whoever is expecting this defense to hold teams to under 20 points every time is in for a lot of pain the rest of this season.

I would have never said the defense did great even if we won. Did you see the TOP the first half? Plus my main point was why it took DL so long to make any kind of adjustments.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2011, 01:20 AM
They seemed to be playing man quite a bit tonight. Gay is terrible in man coverage and it cost them. People not being in the right spot didn't help either Clark should have never let that guy behind him on the TD at the end,no excuse at all for that. Bottom line is the players have to execute ,the coach can't do that for them...

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Ben threw that int

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
They seemed to be playing man quite a bit tonight. Gay is terrible in man coverage and it cost them. People not being in the right spot didn't help either Clark should have never let that guy behind him on the TD at the end,no excuse at all for that. Bottom line is the players have to execute ,the coach can't do that for them...

Yea, but I really think DL was outcoached by :evilshake: Cam Cameron:eek1:

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 01:24 AM

Because the guy who is supposed to call the plays is an idiot and doesn't want to lose his job every time he calls a bad play, so he just lets the quarterback call the plays so when there is a f$%k up, everyone blames the quarterback instead of him. He's a crafty fat bastard.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM

AMEN ,that was a terrible pass to the intended receiver, it really looked like it was to suggs...

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:25 AM
My question is, if the zone defense did so well for us against the Patriots, why wouldn't we go back to that when the Ravens offense was looking very Patriot like for the entire game? Ah, to be in Dick LeBeau's head.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Because the guy who is supposed to call the plays is an idiot and doesn't want to lose his job every time he calls a bad play, so he just lets the quarterback call the plays so when there is a f$%k up, everyone blames the quarterback instead of him. He's a crafty fat bastard.

This is just...dumb. I know you haven't been here in a while, but uh, when's the last time we've blamed Ben for the playcalling instead of Arians? Usually you blame the guy who's actually calling the plays, which was Ben. I don't understand where you're getting this notion that for some reason the playcall was Arians' fault.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
How the hell did we not strip him on the first play if the last drive? And I swear there were about 3 fumbles we didn't recover.,,Ahhhhhjjj

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
I would have never said the defense did great even if we won. Did you see the TOP the first half? Plus my main point was why it took DL so long to make any kind of adjustments.

If they held the Ravens to 16 points, they would've done great. These are all NFL teams with salary caps. This isn't the $200 million Yankees versus the $50 million Royals. You're rarely going to see the defense dominate another team's offense on the majority of plays. A good defense will make stops at specific points in order to keep the other team from putting up points. They held the Ravens to 16 points and gave the ball back to the their offense. Steelers score and the game ends 27-16. You just can't expect more from this defense, not with the personnel we have.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Will we have an interception this year?

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 11:30 PM ---

If they held the Ravens to 16 points, they would've done great. These are all NFL teams with salary caps. This isn't the $200 million Yankees versus the $50 million Royals. You're rarely going to see the defense dominate another team's offense on the majority of plays. A good defense will make stops at specific points in order to keep the other team from putting up points. They held the Ravens to 16 points and gave the ball back to the their offense. Steelers score and the game ends 27-16. You just can't expect more from this defense, not with the personnel we have.

I can expect Joe Flacco not to covert 13 3rd downs. But he did.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:31 AM

LaMarr had an int.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:37 AM
LaMarr had an int.

O yea, Oops, it sucks working sundays anymore, cant get to see alot of games. So tonight I took a PH, and they lost lmfao.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:37 AM
O yea, Oops, it sucks working sundays anymore, cant get to see alot of games. So tonight I took a PH, and they lost lmfao.

STUPID! You better be working next week..:lol:

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:39 AM
STUPID! You better be working next week..:lol:

Actually I will work next week. Then me and the lady are gonna try to get tickets to there next home game after the bye. We were supposed to go tonight but she couldnt get off work tommorow. Im glad I didnt now. It would have been a long trip back to williamsport,pa.

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 01:44 AM
This is just...dumb. I know you haven't been here in a while, but uh, when's the last time we've blamed Ben for the playcalling instead of Arians? Usually you blame the guy who's actually calling the plays, which was Ben. I don't understand where you're getting this notion that for some reason the playcall was Arians' fault.

You leave a monkey to watch your child; the monkey ends up killing your child, and you blame the monkey. That is the definition of....dumb.

I'm not going to blame or praise the quarterback for scoring or f#%king up when the coaches allow him to call his own plays. In the end, those plays belong to the coaches, and it's their decision to allow the quarterback to call his own plays. If he makes f#%ks up, it's their fault.

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 11:30 PM ---

I can expect Joe Flacco not to covert 13 3rd downs. But he did.

With Gay and Clark in the backfield, and all you've seen from them over the years, your expectation was wishful thinking.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM
You leave a monkey to watch your child; the monkey ends up killing your child, and you blame the monkey. That is the definition of....dumb.

I'm not going to blame or praise the quarterback for scoring or f#%king up when the coaches allow him to call his own plays. In the end, those plays belong to the coaches, and it's their decision to allow the quarterback to call his own plays. If he makes f#%ks up, it's their fault.

Ben threw the ball, not arians :hilarious:

With Gay and Clark in the backfield, and all you've seen from them over the years, your expectation was wishful thinking.

Yea because Flacco after this game is just a 53.8% completion Qb :eek1:

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:48 AM

I feel like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. There's no way you can actually blame the coaching staff for a playcall during the no huddle. You're just messing with me, right?

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I feel like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. There's no way you can actually blame the coaching staff for a playcall during the no huddle. You're just messing with me, right?

No he's serious babe. He also think a QB with a 53% completion percentage isnt just fluking it when he coverts over 12 3rd downs on a top defense :popcorn:

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Yea because Flacco after this game is just a 53.8% completion Qb :eek1:

Yes, he's not the best quarterback, but he's a better quarterback than Gay and Clark are DBs.

I'm honestly not. you blame soldiers. I blame generals. It's a difference in opinion.

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 12:08 AM ---

No he's serious babe. He also think a QB with a 53% completion percentage isnt just fluking it when he coverts over 12 3rd downs on a top defense :popcorn:

Don't be a nearsighted like Giants fans who are now calling Eli elite after 8 games, despite the fact that he's been a sub 80 QB rating quarterback for the 7 seasons prior to this one.

Far worse quarterbacks than Flacco have lit up this secondary. You were just too busy celebrating our 5-2 record this year to remember.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Far worse quarterbacks than Flacco have lit up this secondary. You were just too busy celebrating our 5-2 record this year to remember.

Really? What worse quarterback has lit up our secondary? Last I checked, we had the #1 pass defense in the league.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Yes, he's not the best quarterback, but he's a better quarterback than Gay and Clark are DBs.

I'm honestly not. you blame soldiers. I blame generals. It's a difference in opinion.

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 12:08 AM ---

Don't be a nearsighted like Giants fans who are now calling Eli elite after 8 games, despite the fact that he's been a sub 80 QB rating quarterback for the 7 seasons prior to this one.

Celebrating a 5-2 record this year? What. Please can you name 5 other sub par qb's less than a 80 rating that lit up our secondary please. Dont be nearsighted. It shouldnt be that hard the way you explained :grin1:

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Celebrating a 5-2 record this year? What. Please can you name 5 other sub par qb's less than a 80 rating that lit up our secondary please. Dont be nearsighted. It shouldnt be that hard the way you explained :grin1:

I'm not nearsighted. I'm not just referring to this season. That's the point. Obviously you and the other one don't understand the definition of nearsightedness. You thought Gay and Clark were good all of the sudden because they didn't get eaten alive this season, and you decided to forget how miserable they've been in the past. Go hang out with Giants fans and talk about how Gay and Clark are good and how Eli Manning is now an elite quarterback.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Love how you aren't on here for mouths and then you come on for a day and decide that we're all "nearsighted" fans. :clap:

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-07-2011, 11:28 AM
AMEN ,that was a terrible pass to the intended receiver, it really looked like it was to suggs...

It was straight to them. Why why why? Fork. No way this should be.

LatrobePA
11-07-2011, 11:30 AM
It was straight to them. Why why why? Fork. No way this should be.

We only throw 30 bubble screens per game, they knew it was coming...

That throw was terrible!

Rampage
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
The defense had some flashes of brilliance, but for the most part, they performed poorly. We are very lucky that the game was as close as it was. Some players just don't seem to bring their A game every week.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2011, 12:42 PM
The defense had some flashes of brilliance, but for the most part, they performed poorly. We are very lucky that the game was as close as it was. Some players just don't seem to bring their A game every week.

Perhaps they A game is just not good enough. Maybe they bring it but they just aren't talented enough, or focused enough, to get the job done. It's a sad thing to consider and something we've all known for a long time, or thought we've know. The first half of the season they played well and last week they played lights out. Perhaps the Ravens just our number today or perhaps the Steelers defense is coming back to earth.

Rampage
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Perhaps they A game is just not good enough. Maybe they bring it but they just aren't talented enough, or focused enough, to get the job done. It's a sad thing to consider and something we've all known for a long time, or thought we've know. The first half of the season they played well and last week they played lights out. Perhaps the Ravens just our number today or perhaps the Steelers defense is coming back to earth.

There are certain players who don't seem to be capable of consistently having good play. Last night, even Taylor, who has looked exceptional, was tooled on some plays. There is a lack of consistency right now. I don't know if it is due to a long season last year, due to age or due to lack of talent; however, there is something missing on this team.

NYCsteelersfan
11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Love how you aren't on here for mouths and then you come on for a day and decide that we're all "nearsighted" fans. :clap:

The rate at which I'm on, which you've brought up twice as if it's some kind of requirement to comment or a measure of knowledgeability, has nothing to do with the fact that I'm calling just you and one other person nearsighted. I don't think the two of you constitute "all."

Unless 43 puts on his one man defensive show or the offense just takes the other team's heart out of the game, this secondary is one of the worst in the league and has been for years.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 10:55 PM
The rate at which I'm on, which you've brought up twice as if it's some kind of requirement to comment or a measure of knowledgeability, has nothing to do with the fact that I'm calling just you and one other person nearsighted. I don't think the two of you constitute "all."

:scratch:

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm not nearsighted. I'm not just referring to this season. That's the point. Obviously you and the other one don't understand the definition of nearsightedness. You thought Gay and Clark were good all of the sudden because they didn't get eaten alive this season, and you decided to forget how miserable they've been in the past. Go hang out with Giants fans and talk about how Gay and Clark are good and how Eli Manning is now an elite quarterback.

I never said Clark or Gay were "great" or even "good". Gl trying to find somewhere that I did say this. The secondary as a GROUP is alot better than it has been. Why would giant fans want to talk about Gay or Clark anyway :lol::stirpot: Try to find another site to be a smartass on or trying to be one. Im still waiting for the list of the other 5 or so qb's that lit up our secondary, that has less than a 80 rating. You know, but maybe you forgot already :eek1:

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:27 PM ---

Unless 43 puts on his one man defensive show or the offense just takes the other team's heart out of the game, this secondary is one of the worst in the league and has been for years.

We are third in pass defense this year. I guees that is bad? Maybe it starts with the front seven not getting enough pressure on the qb and maybe that opp QB is getting to much time to sit in the pocket. Ever think of it that way? Probably not.

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:28 PM ---

:scratch:

1.The rate of which he is on:Slow

2.Using big words makes him sound smart, well atleast to him.

3. Thinks being 3rd in the league on pass defense is "bad"

:yellowthumb:

NYCsteelersfan
11-09-2011, 12:50 AM
I never said Clark or Gay were "great" or even "good". Gl trying to find somewhere that I did say this. The secondary as a GROUP is alot better than it has been. Why would giant fans want to talk about Gay or Clark anyway :lol::stirpot: Try to find another site to be a smartass on or trying to be one. Im still waiting for the list of the other 5 or so qb's that lit up our secondary, that has less than a 80 rating. You know, but maybe you forgot already :eek1:

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:27 PM ---

We are third in pass defense this year. I guees that is bad? Maybe it starts with the front seven not getting enough pressure on the qb and maybe that opp QB is getting to much time to sit in the pocket. Ever think of it that way? Probably not.

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 09:28 PM ---

1.The rate of which he is on:Slow

2.Using big words makes him sound smart, well atleast to him.

3. Thinks being 3rd in the league on pass defense is "bad"

:yellowthumb:

I said nearsighted, as in this season. If you go back to seasons before this one, this secondary was a disaster, and did get lit up by bad teams, and bad quarterbacks. I'm not going to sift through gamelogs for you.

1. You don't capitalize after a colon.

2. "At least" is two words.

3. You're an idiot.

Real Deal Steel
11-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Okay...

I purposefully waited before I posted anything about the game. I needed to get over being upset and to be able to look at things somewhat objectively.

1. The lack of pass rush up the middle is coming back to bit us again. If Flacco could have been pressured up the middle more, then Flacco couldn't have stepped up. There is no pass rush without the linebackers getting involved and when the linebackers are blitzing.......

2. That leads to no linebacker coverage on the tightends who destroyed us all nite. So much so that Troy had to come down and start to cover Pita. Which took away coverage from the secondary.

3. As much as I praised Lebeau for his game plan against Brady last week, Lebeau's stubbornness of not mixing in man coverages with zone angers me. To say the least.

4. We need another safety to go along with Troy. I'm tired of Clark and his lack of coverage and constantly having bad angles. He doesn't seem to be improving.

Next year in the draft, we need to address these areas in this order:

1. Cornerback
2. Nose Tackle for the 3-4 (Defensive Tackle)
3. Offensive lineman

And adding an additional defensive tackle by free agency would also be ideal. Because we need to be able to get pressure on the QB from the defensive line. That is the key problem we are having on defense.

steelchamp204
11-09-2011, 01:52 AM
I said nearsighted, as in this season. If you go back to seasons before this one, this secondary was a disaster, and did get lit up by bad teams, and bad quarterbacks. I'm not going to sift through gamelogs for you.

1. You don't capitalize after a colon.

2. "At least" is two words.

3. You're an idiot.

Good job trying to defend your arugument :yellowthumb: I read on the BaltimoreSun that they are looking for more Steeler trolls. You would be a perfect candidate. Also, you shouldnt have to go through alot of game logs. You made it sound so easy that we get lit up by ****** Qb's, yet you fail to put a couple on here. Come on man, if you aint gonna atleast put 2-3 on here then stop trying to win a argument. Im done with you, so if you respond dont expect to get responded back to. :plus1:

uclkyle
11-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Ok, when the team is just dinking and dunking it on you and not really throwing anything over 10 yards, could you please switch out of zone and into man? Also, I dont think the steelers had 1, 3 and out this whole game(correct me if im wrong) but seriouly its rediculous. Joe was 12-14 on 3rd down coversions or more. I think the defense looked as bad as the Pats did the week before except for Harrison. Also, how many of you here saw Rice side carting Flacco and said "The ball is going to rice" just for him to be wide open in the flat to catch a pass for a first down. Twice I think we had Kiesel come out and guard him. IS DL CRAZY, putting a dlinemen on a running back. I just cant believe it took him so long to adjust to the ravens short passing game. We were so succesful in shutting down the GOAT Qb last week and his weapons but decided not to give up the big play against the Ravens? I know Im ranting on this, but losing 2 to the ravens during the season can be as bad as it gets. I know we might make the playoffs and so be it, but i think losing to these loudmouths twice sucks major balls IMHO. Tomlin was outcoached, DL was outcoached. Arians did a good job and Ben did a good jon running the offense. It was a shame how many times we had a chance to get off the field and necer did. It's not like they were all 3rd and shorts. Some were more than 3 and 6. The turnover ratio is pathetic to. I dont know when the team will get an interception but something is def wrong somewhere.

Actually, they were in man pretty much the entire night....at least during the critical times. The defense wasn't good, but not because of DL. Poor execution.