PDA

View Full Version : The bright side

mwittman5
11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Sure that loss sucked but Steelers are still in good shape to make the playoffs. 6-3 and 11-5 gets you a playoff spot for sure so we just can't lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. Only tough team left is the 49ers and they are beatable. Bengals are a decent team but they haven't played anybody good yet they will go 9-7 with the steelers twice, ravens twice, and houston on their schedule. Sure it sucks but the season isn't over. Lets not forge the bengals beat us twice when we won the superbowl.

Stairwayto7
11-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I agree and the silver lining is we have a chance to be healthy when it counts

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Right now, with the game just 15 minutes old, there isn't much of a bright side considering you have been swept by the Ravens and you now have a team with confidence like the Bengals at home who are flying high. Sure the Steelers are not out of it yet, 6-3 is not a bad record at all and certainly many things can happen but this was a game the Steelers had to win and could not.

SnakeEyes43
11-07-2011, 01:08 AM
This game was a must win for many reasons.:evilshake:

Jack Lambert
11-07-2011, 01:09 AM
the only silver lining was the offensive line played great

mwittman5
11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Could be worse. Imagine if we had got owned by New England again. Then we'd be 5-4 and fighting for our playoff lives.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Sure that loss sucked but Steelers are still in good shape to make the playoffs. 6-3 and 11-5 gets you a playoff spot for sure so we just can't lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. Only tough team left is the 49ers and they are beatable. Bengals are a decent team but they haven't played anybody good yet they will go 9-7 with the steelers twice, ravens twice, and houston on their schedule. Sure it sucks but the season isn't over. Lets not forge the bengals beat us twice when we won the superbowl.

I really wouldnt be suprised if Cincy made the playoffs. It wouldnt be a shocker.

mwittman5
11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
I really wouldnt be suprised if Cincy made the playoffs. It wouldnt be a shocker.

Possible but I doubt it. They have 5 hard games left and the Jets or bills will likely get a wild card spot with us getting the other one.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:17 AM
This is not unexpected. A lot of us predicted that we'd go 1-2 against the Pats and Ravens. Yeah, it would have been preferred to beat the Ravens than the Pats, but it is what it is. The season is far from over.

And let's not forget, the Ravens have been pretty terrible against bad teams. The division is not even close to being clenched for them.

floodcitygirl
11-07-2011, 01:19 AM
This was a tough one. I lost my family somewhere when I offered to be the hitperson for certain Raven players....and officials. LOL! But we almost had them.....in spite of the officials and without key players and no bye. At least this wasn't like game 1. They've beaten us in regular season and still lost in the playoffs. The way they've played other games this season, it doesn't look like a SBis in the cards for them this year either. Let's hold out some hope everybody.:cope:

mwittman5
11-07-2011, 01:21 AM
This is not unexpected. A lot of us predicted that we'd go 1-2 against the Pats and Ravens. Yeah, it would have been preferred to beat the Ravens than the Pats, but it is what it is. The season is far from over.

And let's not forget, the Ravens have been pretty terrible against bad teams. The division is not even close to being clenched for them.

Agreed. Ravens could still lose 2 to the chargers and 49ers. Not to mention if they have another jaguars type game.

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Agreed. Ravens could still lose 2 to the chargers and 49ers. Not to mention if they have another jaguars type game.

Which is not a crazy thought. They already had a "Jaguars type game" against the Titans, Jags, and almost against the Cards.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:24 AM
I still cant find a bright spot right now. To bad im a sober man now, a beer seems really good lol

OOPS!
11-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Which is not a crazy thought. They already had a "Jaguars type game" against the Titans, Jags, and almost against the Cards.

That's right, get another team to do what you couldn't do LOL. Friggin crybabies blame everyone and everything for a loss. Give credit and move on whiners.

floodcitygirl
11-07-2011, 01:28 AM
That's right, get another team to do what you couldn't do LOL. Friggin crybabies blame everyone and everything for a loss. Give credit and move on whiners.Talk about it when you win another Lombardi....beeeotch! :tt02:

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
That's right, get another team to do what you couldn't do LOL. Friggin crybabies blame everyone and everything for a loss. Give credit and move on whiners.

Hello Mr. Ravens fan. Welcome to our forum. Maybe you should actually read the post before you call someone a "whiner." Generally how things work around here.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:32 AM

Have you ever tried Iron City Beer? Its really good.

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 11:32 PM ---

Hello Mr. Ravens fan. Welcome to our forum. Maybe you should actually read the post before you call someone a "whiner." Generally how things work around here.

It was so sunny today. How was the weather where you were at Babe? :grin1:

OOPS!
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM

Remember all the "yeah we'll see them at our place Nov 6th"? lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM

Credit , ok ya won the game!! woo hoo if ya think your done with us your sadly mistaken. When was the last time the ratbirds took 2 games from us?? When was last time yins won a game in the playoffs against us ...dam trolls ....

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM

Gee, pretty convenient how the trolls show up after they finally beat us. Where were you when we were beating you 3 times in the same season? Yeah. :crying: in your basement I'm guessing.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Credit , ok ya won the game!! woo hoo if ya think your done with us your sadly mistaken. When was the last time the ratbirds took 2 games from us?? When was last time yins won a game in the playoffs against us ...dam trolls ....

Dont even worry about him. He cant control his hormones cause when was the last time the Ravens swept the steelers?

BR7
11-07-2011, 01:36 AM

Beat us in the playoffs, then you can talk ****.

steelchamp204
11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Beat us in the playoffs, then you can talk ****.

They can talk **** all they want until the steelers beat them. If we dont see them and win in the playoffs. It will be a long year :evilshake:

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
They can talk **** all they want until the steelers beat them. If we dont see them and win in the playoffs. It will be a long year :evilshake:

Wrong. If you weren't here when you were getting your asses whooped for however many years, you get no credibility to talk **** once you win a game or two. Cause the next time we beat the Ravens all the trolls will go run back into their caves where they belong.

BR7
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
lot of football left...

BR7
11-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Wrong. If you weren't here when you were getting your asses whooped for however many years, you get no credibility to talk **** once you win a game or two. Cause the next time we beat the Ravens all the trolls will go run back into their caves where they belong.

^ this :clap:

Exactly. I hate seeing that **** on here. So we lost, it sucks, I get it. Don't come here on your 10th post talking **** when you were no where to be seen for years. Frickin trolls.

Come back in January

floodcitygirl
11-07-2011, 01:47 AM

Exactly. I hate seeing that **** on here. So we lost, it sucks, I get it. Don't come here on your 10th post talking **** when you were no where to be seen for years. Frickin trolls.

Come back in JanuaryExactly. Or hang out until its done. Whatever you can handle.:yesnod:

steelersgal86
11-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Come back in January

:clap: well said....I agree....

OOPS!
11-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Gee, pretty convenient how the trolls show up after they finally beat us. Where were you when we were beating you 3 times in the same season? Yeah. :crying: in your basement I'm guessing.

You can bet I wasn't crying on some message board like some no life loser. Get over it, win or lose you were going to be the same sad little pig today. Pittsburgh the home of 500,000 chicken littles.

JensK
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Come back in January you say... I say we need to make it into January. Quite honestly, the division most likely just about went out of reach by this loose. I mean lets be non-homers for a second: Ravens are now 2 games a head of us with an, arguably, easier schedule coming in than Steelers. We're currently holding on to the 6th seed as of right now, but we have 2 games left against Bengals who, currently, just so happens to be the best team in AFC judging by current standings. Sure, they have not exactly had a rough schedule leading into this next Sunday but they are 6-2 regardless. Steelers will most likely have to win the remaining division games (which is doable of course) and then hope Ravens and Bengals drop a few games, but it is more or less out of the hands of Steelers now, at least for the division title.

Troyisabeast_43
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
The game against the Bengals is an absolute MUST win at this point. You cant go down 0-3 in your division against the top 2 teams and still expect to still win it. At this point after this loss last night the Steelers pretty much need to win out and run the table and hope the Ravens lose 2 games against either the Bengals 1 of 2 times,the Niners,or at San Diego. So this division race is not completely over yet but it definitely got a helluva a lot tougher after blowing that game last night...

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
You can bet I wasn't crying on some message board like some no life loser. Get over it, win or lose you were going to be the same sad little pig today. Pittsburgh the home of 500,000 chicken littles.

Yep, but with a win you go on to the opponents board to troll and hide behind some internet user name. Go away, seriously. Do yourself a favor.

steelers4life66
11-07-2011, 10:47 AM
:trollsign:

--- Added 11/7/2011 at 08:47 AM ---

He's a ravens fan..... You think he can read??

LatrobePA
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM

OOPs is what your daddy said when he planted your seed!!

OOPs should of shot that one on the pillow case...

Don't come out here (no pun intended) and start running at your mouth, you won congrats, move on brother...

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
OOOOPOOPs. You can bet if you lost, your little chicken **** *** wouldn't be on this board but, since you won, what ever your unimaginable point is, bring it on. We are still the Steelers including our 500,000,000 million fans worldwide. You not fooling anyone Hardonbaugh. Stop wasting electrons.

Scorp
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
OOPS you smell like poop
to your ratbird level we'll never stoop
you can't hang with this black and gold group
go make your sissy pansy self some campbells soup
wrap a throw around yourself like a granny
while i :banana: all night with your mammy
Steelers fans are great and if you look around we are global
even on your iphone sister you know we're mobile
You came here to be part of something you never been a part of
A real, true, sweet kick *** forum filled with great fans and lotsa love
You're not the first i've dealt with and maybe not the last
After all your yappin all you'll recieve is this kick in the ***
We've crushed your super bowl dreams 2 times before
3rd times a charm for us honey we will settle the score
OOPS, Scorps up side your head and throwing you out the door
I hope their is a Steelers/Ravens 3 and when we win lets see if you come back for more.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!! :cope:

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Another good thing is we've found Santonios replacement in AB I think

LatrobePA
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Another good thing is we've found Santonios replacement in AB I think

AB = $$$$ holychit!!

Cotchery played very well too as well as Mendy I thought ran hard..

steelersbabex25
11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Sad thing is either AB or Manny will be gone within the next few years.

mwittman5
11-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Sad thing is either AB or Manny will be gone within the next few years.

Probably. We are going to have to pay Wallace and they do call themselves the young money crew because they say they are going to get paid one day. I'd rather keep Brown.