PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Sepulveda questionable with knee injury..UPDATE, placed on IR, Kapinos signed

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Punter Daniel Sepulveda (knee) was a Friday addition to the injury report and is questionable.

Link (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-05/steelers-olb-woodley-out-for-sundays-game#ixzz1cqF3XbVU)

As far I've read it is the same knee that he's had surgery on last year, but how bad in the injury is we don't know for sure yet. It could just be some swelling or stiffness, routine during the season or it could be worse. We'll see what happens this Sunday and next week.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-05-2011, 12:13 PM
If he goes. That only leaves you know who. Kee Ryst.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I'd really hate to see this team go after another Punter again in the middle of the season. DSep is having a real solid year, the last thing we need is more injuries.

Stairwayto7
11-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Get first downs and touchdowns! Who needs a punter??

LatrobePA
11-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Kept the wrong softy punter IMO...

steelchamp204
11-05-2011, 02:36 PM
ifhes out for a few weeks with this injury, get his *** out and get another punter. This is rediculous

mwittman5
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#%21/SteelersDigest)

For 3rd time, P Dan Sepulveda on IR with injury to the knee on plant leg. Injured in practice. Jeremy Kapinos signed.

The Steelers have placed punter Daniel Sepulveda on injured reserve and signed Jeremy Kapinos to their 53-man roster.

Kapinos takes over following Sepulveda's latest injury to his right knee. Kapinos did the same last December after Sepulveda tore the ACL in his right knee in Baltimore.
In four regular-season games with the Steelers, Kapinos averaged 41.1 yard per punt with a net average of 32.3 yards. The former Penn State star averaged 49.0 yards per punt with a net average of 38.8 in three postseason games.

Kapinos and Sepulveda waged a spirited battle for the punting job during the preseason. After winning the job Sepulveda averaged 46.1 yards per punt.
This is the third time he has sustained a serious injury to his plant leg since the Steelers took the former Baylor standout in the fourth round of the 2007 draft.

From the PG
(http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%20place%20Sepulveda%20on%20IR,%20sign%20K apinos%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765823.html#ixzz1csPUdvPa)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Unbelievable, this kid just cannot catch a break. As much as I love DSep I knew this was going to happen again.

Kapinos had a good camp and preseason so I'm confident he can do the job.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Kapinos had a good camp and preseason so I'm confident he can do the job.

Did he? Thinking about him punting in Pittsburgh makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty knife so I never have to see him actually do it.

cmerrifield
11-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Did he? Thinking about him punting in Pittsburgh makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a rusty knife so I never have to see him actually do it.

His punts were longer in net and gross yards in preseason than Sep's. I didnt want to resign D-Sep, and I hope we cut him at the end of this season and I never want to hear his name again is association with the Steelers.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
His punts were longer in net and gross yards in preseason than Sep's. I didnt want to resign D-Sep, and I hope we cut him at the end of this season and I never want to hear his name again is association with the Steelers.

Does anyone remember Kapinos punting for the Packers in 09? He was the absolute worst punter in the NFL. His net average was 34 yards. Not to mention opponents averaging 14 yards a return because he was so terrible at kicking where his coverage units were. And in the 4 games he played for the Steelers last year, his net average was 32 yards. I don't see where everyone is getting this notion that he's going to be so much better than Sepulveda.

Sep's net average is around 41 yards a punt this season. If Kapinos gets anywhere close to that, then maybe we can talk.

steelers4life66
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I never want to hear his name again is association with the Steelers.
Other than X Steeler..... SEP SUX

coldrolled
11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
time to draft a punter.... sep is done... you cant count on his glass knees.
time to draft a kicker also...

SteelCityVoice
11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Not sure how Sepulveda gets another shot with the Steelers.

SnakeEyes43
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM
See ya D-Sep, it was nice seeing you on the sidelines for three years...

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Is this really a suprise? He gets hurt every year...its a shame

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Not sure how Sepulveda gets another shot with the Steelers.

I was surprised they gave him his job back this season. Kapinos out performed him in camp and preseason, and I really thought they would be leary of giving Danny another shot given his past injuries. I supposed based on the diagnosis from the last surgery that he had less of a chance to get injured now but his knees are just shot. He'll play out his deal this year, and ride off into the sunset.

He's such a great guy though, the fans like him, he's always personable in training camp with autographs and everything. Such a shame.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Does anyone remember Kapinos punting for the Packers in 09? He was the absolute worst punter in the NFL. His net average was 34 yards. Not to mention opponents averaging 14 yards a return because he was so terrible at kicking where his coverage units were. And in the 4 games he played for the Steelers last year, his net average was 32 yards. I don't see where everyone is getting this notion that he's going to be so much better than Sepulveda.

Sep's net average is around 41 yards a punt this season. If Kapinos gets anywhere close to that, then maybe we can talk.

Preseason this year when both were going against each other:

Avg Net Yards Per Punt:
Kapinos 49.8
Sepulveda 45.7

Now yes it's preseason but that's the only time these 2 have gone against each other recently. Both were fresh, healthy, and fighting for a job. I realize last year Kapinos wasn't the greatest but in the middle of the season it's slim pickings. There isn't much better right now either so we might as well get behind him and see what he can do.

LatrobePA
11-05-2011, 07:46 PM
I know you guys like him but I never seen anything in him. He clearly got out punted in the preseason but made the cut..

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Preseason is one thing, high pressure situations when you're punting from inside your own endzone is another. We'll see how he does but IMO, everyone is hyping this guy up way too much.

cmerrifield
11-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Preseason is one thing, high pressure situations when you're punting from inside your own endzone is another. We'll see how he does but IMO, everyone is hyping this guy up way too much.

Could be worse, it could be Berger

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Could be worse, it could be Berger

:hide:

NOVA STEELERS
11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Need to draft Brad Wing from LSU, he has close to 20 punts nailed inside the 10

Diehardsteel
11-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Not surprised one damn bit. This better be the last straw with sep. The guy can't stay healthy. Nice knowing you but it's time to move on.

Big T
11-06-2011, 01:00 AM
well if there is one plus about this, its the fact that when D-Sep gets put on IR, the Steelers end up in the Super Bowl lol :crossfingers:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Lesson learned you don't spend draft picks on punters especially within the first four rounds.........I really think if injuries hadn't plagued D-Sep he would have been one of the top punters in the NFL but he can't stay healthy.....Its time for him to go.....Can't count on him to stay healthy.....

nuclearchihuahuas
11-06-2011, 07:51 AM
well if there is one plus about this, its the fact that when D-Sep gets put on IR, the Steelers end up in the Super Bowl lol :crossfingers:

:plus1:

Rampage
11-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately, this could be career threatening. Way to go, Baylor. Really screwed this kid over.

Iron Paul
11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Kept the wrong softy punter IMO...
[B]Sepulveda[can't stay healthy and he also needs to go. I agree and think we cut the wrong guy before the season. /B]