PDA

View Full Version : Steelers offical injury list

mwittman5
11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest

Injury report: Out: Legursky, Sanders, Woodley
Questionable: Farrior, Sepulveda, Ward
Probable: Harrison, JScott

Guess Harrison got cleared if hes probable.

LatrobePA
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Our soft *** punter is Q?? He punted once last week how'd he get hurt??

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 05:41 PM

4eNrgpVp70U

Sep is awesome.

Goodfrom55
11-04-2011, 05:53 PM
but he is as fragile as humpty dumpty. . .should have signed Kapinos.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Kapinos over DSep :coffeecough: You slay me with your humor.

Rampage
11-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Sepulveda simply can't catch a break with the injuries; hopefully this isn't significant. The only good thing is that when he goes on IR, the Steelers go to the Super Bowl. He may be worthy of a spot just for that. Have one of our own guys take out his knee just to guarantee a Super Bowl berth.

JensK
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Well... A healthy punter who can play will always punt both longer and better than a punter who is sidelined by an injury. (This notion does not apply for Jaguars. They would have been better off without a punter)

Having Harrison back excites me.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 06:15 PM
:wtf: You think if Kapinos was playing with the Steelers right now he would be punting better than Sep is right now? No way.

tburg68
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
but he is as fragile as humpty dumpty. . .should have signed Kapinos.

:wtf: You think if Kapinos was playing with the Steelers right now he would be punting better than Sep is right now? No way.

Sep is an excellent punter when he is healthy. Kapinos doesn't deserve to be in the league. Ben can punt as well as Kapinos.

JensK
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
no, I love Dsep when he is healthy only he rarely is.

LatrobePA
11-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Who will punt if he can't blow I mean go?

Steelersfan
11-04-2011, 09:16 PM

I just had to say that I love your sig Latrobe!........ Awesome!

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM

They'll have to bring someone else in. Don't know who. Someone.

But, I doubt Sepulveda won't be in the game. Questionable doesn't mean anything to me.

LatrobePA
11-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I just had to say that I love your sig Latrobe!........ Awesome!

lol, thanks!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 02:17 AM
The Steelers figure to get starting outside linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley on the field together one of these games. But it won't be Sunday night when the Baltimore Ravens visit Heinz Field.

Woodley won't play, but Harrison, barring a setback, will return to the starting lineup after missing four games with a right orbital bone fracture.

The Steelers ruled out Woodley (hamstring) after practice Friday and listed Harrison as probable on their injury report. Inside linebacker James Farrior is listed as questionable with a calf injury, but he said he is ready to play after missing last week's game.
Harrison, listed as a full participant in practice Friday, is expected to receive medical clearance today to return.

"I hope they don't got me out here practicing for nothing," he said.
With Harrison returning at right outside linebacker, Jason Worilds is expected to make his first career start at left outside linebacker in place of Woodley. Lawrence Timmons, who started the past four games at right outside linebacker, moves back inside. He will start alongside Larry Foote or Farrior.

Farrior practiced on a limited basis yesterday.

"I feel good," he said. "If (the coaches) ask me to go, I'm going."
Woodley insisted all week that he would be a "game-time decision" even after he watched practice Friday. He said he has made significant progress since leaving the 25-17 win against New England.

"Sunday (night) it was hurting to go up the stairs," he said. "Now, I move good going up the stairs, jogging and everything."

>> Receiver Emmanuel Sanders won't play Sunday. He has been in Texas since the death of his mother, and her funeral is today. The Steelers listed Sanders, who also is nursing a knee injury, as out on the injury report.

>> Receiver Hines Ward is listed as questionable, but he is expected to play. Ward practiced on a limited basis Friday. Punter Daniel Sepulveda (knee) is also listed as questionable. Tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle) is listed as probable after fully participating yesterday. Guard/center Doug Legursky (toe) was ruled out earlier in the week.

>> The Ravens will be without receiver Lee Evans for a sixth consecutive game because of an ankle injury. Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (thigh) practiced on a limited basis and is listed as probable. Starting left guard Ben Grubbs (toe) practiced on a limited basis and is listed as questionable.

From the Trib (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765696.html)

connecticutsteel
11-05-2011, 05:49 AM
NAGTA IS HURTING SO HOPEFULLY WE WON'T SEE HIM EVERY PLAY

--- Added 11/5/2011 at 03:49 AM ---

D-sep hasn't ever been awesome in the pros .Shane lechtler is awesome. He (SHane) is what the Steelers thought D-sep would be when they wasted a draft pick on him .If the NFL had a lemon law D-sep would fall into that catagory . Also while we are talking about kickers Waters should be our kicker not suisam he should have made every kick last week :imho:

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 12:48 PM
D-sep hasn't ever been awesome in the pros .Shane lechtler is awesome. He (SHane) is what the Steelers thought D-sep would be when they wasted a draft pick on him .If the NFL had a lemon law D-sep would fall into that catagory . Also while we are talking about kickers Waters should be our kicker not suisam he should have made every kick last week :imho:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's a joke right? Sepulveda boots 60+ yarders everytime he gets the chance.

Christ. You'd think after tolerating Mitch Berger for a year Steelers fans wouldn't find anymore room to complain about punters.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
D-Sep ranks 15th in average and 14th in net average......He ranks 23rd in punts inside the 20......He has been unlucky with injuries in his NFL career.....Big reason people knock him is the fact the Steelers spent a 4th round pick on him.......Teams can usually find a punter good enough without even drafting one.......One good thing the Steelers only have punted the ball 25 times this year so far......Really D-Sep is the least of my worries about this team.....The Steelers have won the Super Bowl with Chris Gardocki and Mitch Berger punting for them.....

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I hate stats for punters. Don't tell me anything.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I hate stats for punters. Don't tell me anything.

Just throwing it out there for the purpose of the debate......Only 8 of his punts have been returned for 37 yards.....So the punt return coverage has been damn good...D-Sep has been a part of that as well.....But sorry his overall numbers should be better to warrant being drafted in the 4th round for a punter.....Teams find punters not even drafted all the time that are better....Plus you factor in his injury history....Steelers messed up by taking a punter in the 4th round....But like I said I could careless who is the punting the ball....Steelers won the Super Bowl with Gardocki and Berger......

--- Added 11/5/2011 at 11:24 AM ---

I will say this I'm glad D-Sep was kept over Jeremy Kapinos....lol

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Just throwing it out there for the purpose of the debate......Only 8 of his punts have been returned for 37 yards.....So the punt return coverage has been damn good...D-Sep has been a part of that as well.....But sorry his overall numbers should be better to warrant being drafted in the 4th round for a punter.....Teams find punters not even drafted all the time that are better....Plus you factor in his injury history....Steelers messed up by taking a punter in the 4th round....But like I said I could careless who is the punting the ball....Steelers won the Super Bowl with Gardocki and Berger......

Well taking him in the fourth round can't be reversed, so whining about that won't do much. And to say the fact that we took him in the fourth round and he's not punting the ball like he's Jesus Christ is a reason to have Kapinos over Sep (when he's healthy) is a dumb argument. We took him in the fourth round. Ok. That's over. But he's a damn good punter. I don't get where people are getting off saying that they would rather have Kapinos (who was so bad with the Packers, by the way, that his head coach felt the need to single him out to the media...twice) than Sepulveda.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Also I can't believe we're having this argument about a punter....:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Well taking him in the fourth round can't be reversed, so whining about that won't do much. And to say the fact that we took him in the fourth round and he's not punting the ball like he's Jesus Christ is a reason to have Kapinos over Sep (when he's healthy) is a dumb argument. We took him in the fourth round. Ok. That's over. But he's a damn good punter. I don't get where people are getting off saying that they would rather have Kapinos (who was so bad with the Packers, by the way, that his head coach felt the need to single him out to the media...twice) than Sepulveda.

Man you can't deal with somebody not liking a player you like can you?......I really don't care who the freaking punter is for the third time...I updated my post and said yea I'm glad the Steelers kept him over Kapinos........My point all along again the Steelers don't need an elite punter to win a Super Bowl...They won it with Gardocki who was way passed him prime when they won Super Bowl XL and Mitch Berger....lol Drafting a punter in the 4th round is never a smart move and yes there is nothing I can about it but doesn't change the fact drafting a punter early in the draft or at all is just stupid.....I don't want him to punt the ball like Jesus Christ.....All I want him to do is stay healthy and punt the ball to live up this draft status which he has not so far at this point his career....But again I really don't care to much about who the punter is...lol Just don't draft one next time...Pick a freaking guy off the street.....lol

Rampage
11-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Sepulveda really isn't a big problem for this team. He is capable of making some nice punts, but it seems like he's always banged up. If it's his knee again, I would be very concerned. Baylor really screwed him over on that.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Its Stiller Nation we argue anything football related....I'm not really arguing with you just pointing out why people are so hard on Daniel Sepulveda.....Him being injury prone and drafted in the 4th round doesn't help his case with some fans...that is all babe...damn would hate to really **** you off.....lol

--- Added 11/5/2011 at 11:38 AM ---

I have to let you know to I just hate kickers...lol I hate place kickers and punters.....I debate all the time with my best friend about Adam Vinatieri and how he shouldn't make the Hall of Fame....My buddy says yes.....You can't put a kicker in the Hall of Fame...lol or a punter.....

JensK
11-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Haha well Raiders certainly have not benefit from having an amazing punter and FG kicker. Sure, they always have amazing Field Position but eh... They loose all the time anyway. My point being I agree BGF32... They are just too replaceable to make HOF. As for Dsep. I've said it before: I love him when he is healthy. He just rarely is and punters are a dime in a dozen (Off-topic - is dime in a dozen not the correct saying? Afraid I mixed them up... Damn culture!).

Black@Gold Forever32
11-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Yea its not I'm calling for Sep to be cut or anything...It is what it is with him being drafted in the 4th round...I just hope the team never spends that high of a pick on a punter again.....

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
:lol: BGF32, that post wasn't really aimed at you. I get what you're saying. I agree that taking Sep in the 4th round was not a smart pick. It was aimed at whoever said we should have kept Kapinos and gotten rid of Sepulveda. Cause Sepulveda, when healthy, is a million times better than Kapinos was, is, or will ever be.

Rampage
11-05-2011, 03:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's a joke right? Sepulveda boots 60+ yarders everytime he gets the chance.

Christ. You'd think after tolerating Mitch Berger for a year Steelers fans wouldn't find anymore room to complain about punters.

Woah woah woah woah woah. Woah.

Don't bring the Bergermeister into this. I have never seen a punter so bad that he was good in my life. Kicking the ball so that it would bounce off of an opponent was the greatest special teams play every devised.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-05-2011, 05:18 PM
@steelers: P Dan Sepulveda (knee) placed on IR. Jeremy Kapinos again signed to replace him. Sepulveda was hurt in practice.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

jpele
11-05-2011, 08:13 PM

There was a stiff cross wind.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2011, 03:17 AM
What better game for Harrison to come back than on Ravens Sunday at Heinz Field. I have to admit though I really wish Woodley was playing this week. Worilds is going to get eaten alive I'm afraid...but I'm hoping not.

Nolrog
11-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Hopefully we can put all these injuries behind us and get healthy for the end of the season and (hopefully) a playoff run.

As for Worilds, well, we gotta know what we got here. Is this another 2nd round bust or is it someone that could be a key player. Harrison is 33, so he's not going to be around much longer. Couple more years and we'll need a replacement. Is it Worilds?

nuclearchihuahuas
11-06-2011, 09:20 AM
There was a stiff cross wind.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

--- Added 11/6/2011 at 07:20 AM ---

What better game for Harrison to come back than on Ravens Sunday at Heinz Field. I have to admit though I really wish Woodley was playing this week. Worilds is going to get eaten alive I'm afraid...but I'm hoping not.

This is his big chance to step up or provide trade material. I hope he steps up big time especially since the Rats wont be expecting much from him

coldrolled
11-06-2011, 12:34 PM
carter might play more than worilds... he plays hard... hes quick..
we need to contain rice. so whoever does that better should play.

scpc
11-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I get text messages from Steeler.com every sunday to let me know who is injured and who will not play. Sometimes I read them and wonder who is playing.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Harrions and Worilds on the outside
Timmons and Foote on the inside.

Sylvester and Carter will back them up. If something happens to one of the OLB's then Timmons will move back out and Sylvester will go inside most likely.

steelersbabex25
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I want a big game from Timmons tonight.