PDA

View Full Version : Sanders unlikely to play on Sunday

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
The Steelers are not counting on Emmanuel Sanders to play Sunday night after spending all week in Texas following his mother's death Tuesday.
Her funeral will be held Saturday.

Sanders has 18 receptions for 243 yards and 2 touchdowns.
"It's hard when you lose your mother at a very young age, to come back and play," Arians said.

"Even if he makes it back in time, this is something we're not expecting. Our prayers and hearts just go out to him and his family."

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11308/1187357-66-0.stm#ixzz1ck6Yclzq)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 09:27 AM
If Manny doesn't play, and nobody can blame him if he doesn't, you're going to see a lot of Jerricho Cotchery. Plus Hines Ward says he's going to be back.

Neither Cotchery or Ward are speedburners so you're going to lose some of that break away speed and quickness this weekend, but you replace it with toughness and tenacity. It's a tradeoff but I would venture a guess that if Sanders doesn't play you'll see a more traditional style Steelers offense out there, although I hope not.

I'm anxious to see Cotchery be able to get on the field and make some plays for us but I don't want the offense to take their foot off the the gas and slow things down just because it's the Ravens or because of personnel. We all saw the increased tempo the offense had when Ward went down a couple weeks ago.

ejsteeler
11-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I hope he stays in Texas and with family. No one can blame him.
I'm also hoping we game plan similar to the Patty girls game. Dinking and dunking will bring Reed in and eventually get Wallace over the top wide open. Hoping anyway.:tt02:

LatrobePA
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
89 will need to have a big game...

PsychoWard
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Can't blame Manny!!! Brown is gonna blow up this week!

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
No worries. I'm still liking Wallace, Brown, Hines, Cotchery, and Heath.

Rampage
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
All I hope is that he does what he thinks is right in this situation and does not feel any undue pressure from outside. If that means seeing things through with his family and missing the game, that's perfectly understandable. You can play football 16 times per year. You only get a chance to say goodbye to a loved one once. It would be better to miss this game than to regret not being with family during such a time.

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
All I hope is that he does what he thinks is right in this situation and does not feel any undue pressure from outside. If that means seeing things through with his family and missing the game, that's perfectly understandable. You can play football 16 times per year. You only get a chance to say goodbye to a loved one once. It would be better to miss this game than to regret not being with family during such a time.

Hopefully 19/20 times a year :crossfingers:

I doubt he's feeling any pressure. I think all the fans and everyone in the Steelers organization are telling him to do what he needs to do.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I hope he stays in Texas and with family. No one can blame him.
I'm also hoping we game plan similar to the Patty girls game. Dinking and dunking will bring Reed in and eventually get Wallace over the top wide open. Hoping anyway.:tt02:

That would be a great game plan,:crossfingers: i'm hoping we go with that:tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Cotchery could have some extra motivation this week seeing that he visited the Ravens in August right before he made his decision to sign with the Steelers and didnt like what he saw there according to him and decided to come to the Steelers. Cotchery is a reliable commodity and is very capable of getting open and making some big big plays in the passing game...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Sanders is now officially ruled out while he spends time back home for his mothers funeral on Saturday.

steelersbabex25
11-05-2011, 01:40 AM
We'll miss him on Sunday, that's for sure.

connecticutsteel
11-05-2011, 04:30 AM
89 should have a big game also 82 & 83