PDA

View Full Version : New mobile app coming soon!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Everyone...

It seems that Notice Software has gotten into some trouble with Google for publishing apps using copyrighted or trademarked logo's. Obviously SA is not one of those but nonetheless our app and every app created by Notice Software is gone; yanked off the market by Google. If you already have the SA app it will still function and update, however just make sure you don't uninstall it or you won't be able to get it back.

Ive found a new company that I'm working with now and hope to have a new app up by the end of the week (knock on wood). I'll keep everyone posted as to the progress. If it works like I hope, it will blow our current app out the water.As long as everything goes well you'll be able to:

Read all the latest Steelers news & forum topics
Listen to the latest podcasts from Blitzburgh Radio
Contact us right from the phone
View SA Downloads
View Steelers Bars
Post from the app right onto SA if you like!
and more!

I've begun creating it and so far so good. As soon as it's ready to go I'll be sure and let everyone know and we'll promote it.

PsychoWard
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
dude thats pretty bad ***!! if you can make it so you could post in the chat box you would really be the man!!! :lol:

SteelDad
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Good work Matt, but can it rake the lawn?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I think it will have the chatbox built in because it will load the forum page right within the app but I'll verify that in testing over the next couple days.

PsychoWard
11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
thats pretty darn sweet!

PittsGirl43
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
thank goodness! I'm on here all the time from my phone and an app would make it so much easier!

NOVA STEELERS
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
:woot: http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/Emoticons/Frederic-Metal-Smiey-GIF.gif

JensK
11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Iphone support? :grin1:

SteelCityVoice
11-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Amazing how badass this site is.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Ok so it's just about ready. Im in the testing phase now and checking all the spelling, grammar, etc. If all goes well I'll be able to push it out to the market tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

As for the iphone, it's quite difficult to get into the app store until you are established. Now since the company that had our app is in trouble with google, the app is yanked and so is our nearly 10K download status so unfortunately we'll be starting from scratch.

PittsGirl43
11-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks like I need to get a new phone ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
The new app is in testing right now. I have a copy of it and Psycho has a copy of it for his Droid II. So far it looks like everything is a go. I'm going to add a section for the Steelers season schedule tonight and then we should be able to launch it after that.

I'll keep everyone posted on the progress. If anyone else has an Android smart phone and you want a copy of it to test today just let me know, be sure to let me know what type of phone you have.

PsychoWard
11-04-2011, 11:14 AM
you guys will love this app!!!! It very user friendly and can pretty much do anything you can do on the site!!! Very nice work Matt!!!

SteelDad
11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Amazing how badass this site is.

You said it Dom!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I also added a Steelers schedule to the app that Psycho and I are testing right now. I'm open to any suggestions from anyone on what you'd like to see.

At this point you can:

check the Steelers schedule
listen to podcasts
buy steelers merchandise
get the latest Steelers news and forum topics
check Steelers bars locations
go to and post directly in the SA forums from the app.
You should be able to use the shoutbox as well; assuming your phone has Flash which all the android phones out there, well most of them, should be able to do.
check out the player and media personality interviews
buy steelers tickets
check out our latest tweets
like and follow our facebook

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 04:25 PM
We have our google market account and are officially an app developer. I have a few tweaks to make to it this evening after work and then I'll load it up on the market and start promoting it.

SteelCityVoice
11-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Awesome

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Steelersfan is testing it with me now too. We're almost there.

Zachintosh66
11-04-2011, 09:10 PM
good stuff, love SA but the old app was so bad i uninstalled it

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Ok it's uploaded to the android market now..just waiting for it to show up in the search results.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-04-2011, 11:49 PM
I got it and it works!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Hell it didnt even say sent from phone???