PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday News, 11-2-11

LatrobePA
11-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Wednesday news and notes

Ben Roethlisberger was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in the month of October.

Roethlisberger has a good chance to also be named offensive player of the month in October after completing 114 of 176 passes for 1,360 yards, 11 touchdowns and three interceptions in five games last month as the Steelers went 4-1.

That's a passer rating of 102.0 for those of you keeping track at home.

Quote of the day came from the Ravens' Terrell Suggs via conference call with the Pittsburgh media.

Suggs, when questioned about the ferocity of the rivalry with the Steelers said, "F$#% it. Let's do it."

Suggs also called Heinz Field his, "Madison Square Garden," and several times referred to getting his p@$$ hot, particularly when talking about Hines Ward.

The Steelers will wear their throwback uniforms this week. Maybe the Ravens can wear their throwbacks as well. Oh wait, they already do.

Then again, perhaps they could wear some old Colts unis.

The Steelers released nose tackle Elisha Joseph from their practice squad and signed wide receiver Jamar Newsome.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be dealing with the death of his mother all week and, with Ward still limited with an ankle injury, the Steelers needed an extra receiver to practice.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

steelers4life66
11-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Suggs, when questioned about the ferocity of the rivalry with the Steelers said, "F$#% it. Let's do it."

Suggs also called Heinz Field his, "Madison Square Garden," and several times referred to getting his p@$$ hot, particularly when talking about Hines Ward.

:club:That a boy suggs. keep adding fuel to the fire. Our boys play their best ball when they have a chip on their shoulders. It isn't like we don't already have enough of an intensive to kick the **** out of ya.

SteelDad
11-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Suggs is an awesome talent with the mindspeak of a 10 year old.

LatrobePA
11-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Teeth the size of a 5 yr old and gums of a horse! I f'n hate this dude but damn he can play good football!

coldrolled
11-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Ben needs to pass at 120+ this week and put us solidly into the top seed spot with a big win.

I dont like our throw backs... When was our last win with our throw backs on?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Never a dull moment when it comes Terrell "T spittle" Suggs. He's always got something to say during Ravens/Steelers week.

I always enjoy seeing the Steelers in their throwbacks, especially in prime time. They aren't exactly the most colorful things in the world but the nostalgia aspect is what I like.

You're giving him that much credit, 10 yr old, really?

steelersbabex25
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow. 11 TDs and 3 ints the last 5 games for Ben? I'm liking them stats.

jpele
11-02-2011, 04:34 PM
The Steelers will wear their throwback uniforms this week. Maybe the Ravens can wear their throwbacks as well. Oh wait, they already do.

Then again, perhaps they could wear some old Colts unis.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

No... They would need to wear a Browns uniform. :)

K Train
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Ben needs to pass at 120+ this week and put us solidly into the top seed spot with a big win.

I dont like our throw backs... When was our last win with our throw backs on?

what difference does that make? i assure you the jersey style doesnt effect the outcome.

that being said i clearly remember them wearing the throwbacks and beating the ravens 35-0 at halftime a few years back....harrison had the game of his life and ed reed got destroyed twice

LatrobePA
11-02-2011, 04:52 PM
what difference does that make? i assure you the jersey style doesnt effect the outcome.

that being said i clearly remember them wearing the throwbacks and beating the ravens 35-0 at halftime a few years back....harrison had the game of his life and ed reed got destroyed twice

It was a down pour that night too... The Stiller Killer was being chased all game..

Ohiofan
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I've grown tired of the throwback uniforms, I think it's overdone in the NFL and NCAA. It's time to move on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8330 using Tapatalk

K Train
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
a maximum of once per year is overdone? yeah ok

MDSteel15
11-02-2011, 05:13 PM
No... They would need to wear a Browns uniform. :)

Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner Bink!!! :eek1: :banana: :bunny: :greenbounce2:

coldrolled
11-02-2011, 05:25 PM

must be our loss to NE last year that gives me the bad vibes....

i will take the 35-0 this year.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
refer to my avy to see hines knock ed reed on his ***...in the throwback :D

TampaSteelGirl
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
refer to my avy to see hines knock ed reed on his ***...in the throwback :D

Oh I do enjoy that one! :yellowthumb:

Stairwayto7
11-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Roethlisberger led the Steelers' explosive aerial attack in their 25-17 win over the Patriots. He threw for 365 yards and two touchdowns as he carved apart the Patriots' depleted secondary all afternoon. Roethlisberger was also named Player of the Week in Week Five.

With two player of the week titles in the month of Oct, I would think he is player of the month also!

MattyVfromCT
11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
must be our loss to NE last year that gives me the bad vibes....

i will take the 35-0 this year.

Last time we won in the throwbacks was last year against the clowns on concussion Sunday when harrison was fined 75k for the hits that ko'd cribbs and massoqui (spelling?). Our record with them is 6-2

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Harbaugh said Suggs, Rice, Lewis, Re http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2074/gayalarm.gif

Never got to finish reading what he said. Oh well.

mwittman5
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Woodley practiced today, it was limited but the fact that he was already out on the practice field means he should be ready to go sunday.

LatrobePA
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I've grown tired of the throwback uniforms, I think it's overdone in the NFL and NCAA. It's time to move on.

Galloway, that's where I am, small world!

Ohiofan
11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
a maximum of once per year is overdone? yeah ok

Yes once a year is overdone when you have 32 NFL and all the NCAA teams that join in on the madness.
This is of course my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

Ohiofan
11-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Galloway, that's where I am, small world!

Yes it is.
I recently moved to Court House but I come up to see family about every other week.