PDA

View Full Version : Outside of the Burgh, It's Getting Ugly.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
A thread primarily for those fans living outside the general environs of Pittsburgh, Pa in an area generally where the competition lives. The purpose is to let the hometown fans know that we fans out here are doing our part to support the team by showing our colors, standing up for the steelers and generally not takin any crap when challenged about your fandomness. Unless of course a weapon is pulled, in which case, well you be the judge. My advice, don't go any further when that happens. As a reminder, not all competitor's areas of influence are friendly to Steeler fans. Beware.

Location: Yorktown, Virginia. (general geographic location will do).
Competitor territory for the:
Washington Redskins aka: Deadskins
Baltimore Ravens aka: Rat Turds, Turds
Geographic distance from the competition:
Deadskins - 117 straight line miles
The Turds - 144 straight line miles

Personal experience today @2:00pm. Out for my heart health walk, dressed in my favorite Steelers walking ensemble i.e. Hoodie w/massive Steelers logo, Hat w/Steelers logo, minding my own fn business. Up pulls a car full of *******s men and women. Window rolls down, from with in the words "Hey you lookin pretty cocky Steeler fan, what gonna happen Sunday" My answer, "Baltimore gonna get it's *** kicked". Reply, "We see about that" and the *******s drive off. Normally I don't get hassled down here cause it is more Steelers country than the others. Since the skins stopped being a real football team most of their fans climbed on our wagon I'm guessing. Ok with me as they never bother you anyhow. I don't really know for sure if that car load of jerk-offs was Turds fans or not but, it wouldn't be to hard of guess. Right?

By the way, I was walking in a real nice part of town here, not walkin in the ghetto. Figuring maybe those asshholes where running from the law or just got done robbing someone. Don't really know for sure. Hope they watch the beat down Sunday.

Warining: Not advocating intentional provocation (maybe) of your favorte hater unless you are with some buds that can take care of business if necessary. Damn, it's only a game. Ya all be careful out there.

Not sure if this thread belongs here, somewhere else or deleted. So, admin have at it.

TheButt
11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Nothing wrong with a little trash talking from them.... if they were really *******s they woulda got out of the car and started some crap... they didnt though...

I walked into my local convienent store at 6 am this morning and this guy was ahead of me and kindly open the door for me... he was a wearin his Patriots hat... And I stated to him as I unzipped my hoody revealing my Steeler sweatshirt " thats right you better hold that door for me...we just whooped your ***"...he just said yeah yeah...and we both chuckled. Its all in good fun

I live in Lancaster Pa. Eagle and Rats fans abound... but not like the Stiller Nation...way more Stiller fans here then anything.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I've run into that type of thing before, living here about an hour north of Baltimore. It's a mixture of Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, and Eagles mostly but the Steelers hold an edge overall. Still though there are always idiots who feel the need to be an ***, usually when they are with a bunch of other people. Rarely do you see them talking trash when they are alone.

steelersbabex25
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Redskins fans are the absolute worst. None of them care until the Deadskins win one game, and then they're going to the superbowl. :rolleyes: Worst. Fans. Ever.

Diehardsteel
11-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I've really never gotten bothered by anyone because of my Steelers gear. That might just be because most people in California are "fans" of out of state teams for whatever reasons. No real enemy territory. Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh. :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2011, 08:48 AM
I've really never gotten bothered by anyone because of my Steelers gear. That might just be because most people in California are "fans" of out of state teams for whatever reasons. No real enemy territory. Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh. :evilshake:

The Steeler Nation is strong across the world; those people out in Cali don't even know what a successful NFL team is like in their own back yard. LOL. Fortunately where I live there aren't many bandwagon fans, although there are some. I usually refer to the Ravens fans as Browns fans...trust me they LOVE that :lol:

SteelDad
11-02-2011, 08:53 AM
It's pretty much all in good fun here in the Mitten, but this year has been almost unbearable with these Lions' fans. Can't say I blame them as they have been rebuilding since 1957, but they are really starting to get obnoxious.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Redskins fans are the absolute worst. None of them care until the Deadskins win one game, and then they're going to the superbowl. :rolleyes: Worst. Fans. Ever.

U haven't seen Cleveland (Clowns Fans) they are absolutely the worse!:yesnod:

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
U haven't seen Cleveland (Clowns Fans) they are absolutely the worse!:yesnod:

The real Browns fans were da wurst. But, they were the real deal.

SnakeEyes43
11-02-2011, 01:55 PM
One time a guy yelled "Steelers suck!" when I was at Wal Mart. I smiled, winked, and gave him a thumbs up. Hahaha. For the most part it's pussy boy Colts fans, mixed in with some Bears fans around here. There's quite a few Steeler and Cowgirls fans as well.

--- Added 11/2/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Most of them are just hype riders though. It's absolutely disgusting to me when I get thrown into that category just because I'm not from the Burgh. :evilshake:

I get that crap too, soooo annoying. And there are a lot of Steeler hype riders around here as well. After week 1 I was the only guy I saw around wearing Steelers gear until about two weeks ago. Now a few more have been popping up here and there. Makes me sick.:barf:

I get asked if I was a fan before 2005 all the time. I tell them I was brought home in a Steeler onesie, lol. Cradle to the grave, literally.

steelchamp204
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Our town is split between Steelers and Eagles. Our city has good welfare system so alot of philly trash comes up here and stays. Dont get alot from them at all. I mean what do they have to say? Usually we are the ones ripping them apart but nothing personal towards them. But I wear my gear no matter where I go. I said a couple months ago I went to Baltimore and walked around with my steelers shirt on and such and had a guy say to his friend alking by "O, I know he didnt wear that shirt down here", and thats all I got for the whole day. No I didnt go to the ghetto either, got no reason to lol.

scpc
11-03-2011, 01:35 AM
I live in Perrysburg, ohio. right outside of Toledo and let me tell you, and I work with the most silliest browns fans around. Now I not only have to deal with them but I also have the new and improved lion fans. Really where were they last year? :clap: this is how I feel every time they open their mouths. If they had a little smile face throwing up it would be better. Sorry I had to tell you all this. I had to let it out. Thank

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-03-2011, 12:44 PM
I live in Perrysburg, ohio. right outside of Toledo and let me tell you, and I work with the most silliest browns fans around. Now I not only have to deal with them but I also have the new and improved lion fans. Really where were they last year? :clap: this is how I feel every time they open their mouths. If they had a little smile face throwing up it would be better. Sorry I had to tell you all this. I had to let it out. Thank

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-1538.gif

LarryNJ
11-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Has anyone ever met someone who's from Western Pa and not a Steeler fan? I never have but Philly is full of natives that root for many different teams, especially Cowboys. I never understood how you could be from somewhere but root for a different team. Unless of course your parents beat it into you! :)

Philly fans are actually very comical, most know nothing about any other team, and they all think they are the only passionate fans in the country.

I've lived in DC area and spent a lot of time in Cleveland, Redskin fans are MUCH worse. I think Browns fans are actually very good.

Real Deal Steel
11-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't worry about the trash talk. When you have more Super Bowl rings then any organazation, your going to get noise from the jealous haters.

We will make the Ravens our bitch this Sunday and have the best record in the AFC and they all can shut up and digest that.

scpc
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the throwing up smilie face. That is how I feel. Oh I also have the I came out of the wood work Packer fans telling me how they whopped up on up last superbowl.

kgreen
11-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I see a lot of Skins fans where I live and I get a ton of flak for being a Steelers fan. Never in my life have I gotten the hatred Skins fans have against us (other than maybe jealousy). But, steelersbabex25, I completely agree they are the worst. One of my best friends is a Skins fan and everytime they signed a big-name free agent they were "going to win the Super Bowl." Meanwhile we went to two Super Bowls in that time, and won once.They are completely disillusion. When Rex had those good string of games to start the season, he claimed that Rex is better than Big Ben. The results on the field always show everything and right now we are playing really good football. It can be better, but that's the encouraging part.