PDA

View Full Version : Will having Max Starks in this game...

Troyisabeast_43
11-01-2011, 02:37 PM
This time around as opposed to in the opener make a big difference in terms of giving Ben better protection off the left side versus Suggs?? We have seen what Suggs has done when going up against Johnathan Scott it's been a complete nightmare. I think this matchup right here of Starks versus Suggs is key and I believe having Starks in there this time will allow Ben better protection and Suggs wont have the big game he usually has against the Steelers o-line and Ben...

Rampage
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Suggs is dominant and I imagine he will win some battles against Starks; however, Starks is a much better LT than Scott. In that first week Scott got mauled and I think Starks will be able to hold his ground. If Ben gets some semblance of a pocket this time around, the offense will look much different than it did in the first week.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
TBH, im more worried about Ngata. But yes, I do think Starks will make a difference. Whether he can fully take Suggs out of the game is another story

LatrobePA
11-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Suggs will beat his man more than once Sunday, Max will help..

cmerrifield
11-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I think Max will help. Last year, Suggs lined up on whichever side didnt have help. So if we added a TE to help Scott, then Suggs just came from the other side. Starks will absolutely help and can really go 1 on 1 with Suggs and Suggs wont win every time like he does against Scott.

PITTxPRIDE
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Either Starks or Gilbert, Starks is a beast, but penalties mark his record. but Gilbert's pass protection is firece and he has a really solid kick step. lastly i think if suggs comes hard a nice draw will get him to slow his roll :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Absolutely, how could you not think that he'll make a difference. Just look back to this past Sunday; there were several plays where Starks was beat but recovered and gave Ben enough time to get rid of the ball. If that was Jonathan Scott there's no way Ben completes those passes.

Starks will be able to hold his own against Suggs. There aren't many OT's in the league that can completely shut out a guy like Suggs but Starks' presence will be a huge benefit to Ben nonetheless and will be instrumental in limiting the pass run to Ben's blind side. Like Rampage said, he will get some pressure but it won't be anything ridiculous.

Stairwayto7
11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Cant hurt! ut BA can help also with the right gameplan!

harpo
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Starks will be an improvement from week 1. He struggles against Suggs but he also has some success. However, if Arians draw up quick pass plays and utilizes the 'no huddle', then Suggs will be forced to play a 'complete' game, and not just rush the passer. That will take pressure off the o-line and Ben.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2011, 06:52 PM
As long as we have a RB/TE help Starks out on 3rd downs mainly, we will be ok! we win this game big 42-21FU&K the RATS!!!

connecticutsteel
11-01-2011, 07:01 PM
the o-line is no longer an issue except in the run game they could be better

SteelCityVoice
11-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Starks is a massive upgrade on that side. He'll beat Starks a few times for sure, but it won't be every single play like Scott.

Ben should have a much easier time in this game.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Having Max and Foster in there will help out tremendously. Scott was Scott last time and Legs got taken tot the wood shed all game long. But again, Ben needs to get rid of the ball early and throw it away in lieu of taking a sack.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
This whole line has been improved since that week 1 unit that played, or attempted to play. Virtually nobody is the same except for Pouncey. Everyone else was in and out of the lineup the whole time. Starks is a monster upgrade, no question. Foster is a solid RG and I'm anxious to see how Gilbert does. I suspect they'll use Heath and David Johnson to help him out at times especially since he's still got that nagging ankle injury and the Ravens will bring the pass rush.

Kemo is going to have to keep his temper in line; no dumb penalties. He's a road grader in the run game but considering how chippy these games get he can't afford to go diving in head first and get flagged.

I'm excited to see this group play this weekend, but at the same time considering how many injuries usually happen in this matchup it could get real ugly by the time it's all said and done. Suisham might end up playing linebacker for all we know..LOL