PDA

View Full Version : Steelers X factor for Sunday vs the Ravens

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
We talked about this on the podcast last night and I want to get everyone's input on it. Who is your player to step up this Sunday night against Baltimore. There's many people that you can look too but I'm going with Heath Miller.

The Steelers are starting to finally use Heath in a manner where he can be extremely effective and actually take over a game with Ben. On the opening drive last Sunday, it was the Miller & Roethlisberger show. The 2 routinely hooked up for first downs, moving the chains and further demoralizing the Patriots defense. This is the type of play that Miller has been capable of since he came to the team and now the Steelers are finally beginning to tap that talent for more than just 3-4 passes per game.

Season stats: 30 catches, 361 yds. 12.0 average, 2 TD's.

The Ravens are going to blitz Ben, they always do so he will need to get the ball out of his hands early and slow down that pass rush. They do that and it will open things up downfield and in the running game. Heath can be that guy all day long. Even if they back off the blitz though and drop more back in coverage, Heath will still find a way to get open. He's always very adept in finding the soft spot in the zone or just flat out making the catch in traffic.

steelersbabex25
11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Ben without a doubt. He has a lot to prove after being absolutely owned by the Ravens defense in week one.

mwittman5
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Carter. I think he is going to fill in for Woodley very nicely and record a few sacks.

Rampage
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Max Starks. The offensive line did not show up in that game, so it will be interesting to see how Starks handles his biggest challenge since his return to football. If he can keep Suggs at bay, the Steelers have a very good chance of out scoring the Ravens in this one. Just have to hope the intermediate passes are used a bit in order to soften up the pass rush.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM
The whole O-line, especially the interior. Ben needs time to find his guys. If he doesnt get time, we will see a repeat of week 1.

LatrobePA
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
The 12th man! Get loud Pittsburgh!!

cmerrifield
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I think it will be Cotchery. Sanders knee is getting looking at and his mom just died. Hines will not be 100%, if he plays. I think Cotchery will be the X factor.

PITTxPRIDE
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Honestly... any LB who wants to shut up Ray Rice or any DB to give wimpy anquan a real challenge (do i hear Ike Taylorrr?):cope::tt02::cope::tt02::cope::tt02:

LatrobePA
11-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I think it will be Cotchery. Sanders knee is getting looking at and his mom just died. Hines will not be 100%, if he plays. I think Cotchery will be the X factor.

I could see this..

Heath too!

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
What killed us in game one. Do not repeat.

K Train
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
i look for keisel to be a man among boys

harpo
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Antonio Brown will be huge....

Goodfrom55
11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Everyone has great x-factors and good reasons for it. Because the Steelers used Miller a lot last week, the Ravens will now have to allocate a safety to cover Miller which then opens up the deep passing game a bit. Ben must continue getting rid of the ball early but be careful not to fall in love with the deep ball. He arguably had his best game last week and didn't throw deep once - but the Pats had to respect the chance that he might, and that opened up a lot of opportunities underneath.

Ultimately, my X-Factor is the O-line. If they can hold their ground (no pun intended), it should give the Steelers a chance to develop the running and passing games.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Our Nickel and Quarter packages will be the X factor...

LarryNJ
11-01-2011, 08:33 PM
LeBeau, Tomlin.. They did a great job coming up with a game plan to stop Brady and co. Now the need to do the same to stop Ray Rice. I think we will score some points, my question is what can we do to stop Rice.

Players, I look for Troy to take the D on his back with Wood and James out. He'll be involved in a couple turn overs. Get an int and maybe a sack/fumble.

SteelCityVoice
11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
LIke I said on the podcast, definitely the offensive line. Particularly Starks and Pouncey. Suggs and Ngata need to be controlled.

Thanks again for inviting me on last night. Hope your listeners enjoyed the Podcast.

xBlitzBurghx
11-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Its time that Polamalu shows up and puts the D on his back. If only he still played like he did against the Titans season opener a couple years back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

SteelerCountry58
11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Heath on O and Troy on D need to have big games.
When those two are on their games on both sides of the ball
it seems the others follow suit and step up.
We owe the Ratbirds big time. If you can't get pumped for this game
find another profession. Man up and take care of business!:cope::banging::cope:

LatrobePA
11-02-2011, 08:34 AM
35-7

The whole damn 53 man roster as well as the coaches better be the x factor Sunday night!

SnakeEyes43
11-02-2011, 12:25 PM
D-line, especially if we run that sexy 4-3 with Kesiel, Hood, Hampton, Hoke, McClendon, and Heyward all rotating.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 12:02 AM
LIke I said on the podcast, definitely the offensive line. Particularly Starks and Pouncey. Suggs and Ngata need to be controlled.

Thanks again for inviting me on last night. Hope your listeners enjoyed the Podcast.

It was a good time mine, we'll make that Halloween edition an annual thing and have you on.

If Pouncey, Kemo, and Foster can keep Ngata under control it's going to go a long way towards the offense being able to move down the field more comfortably. Last I heard he, Ngata, was limited in practice this week but should play.