PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders Announces Passing Of His Mother -- Could Miss Ravens Game

steelersbabex25
11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders wrote on Facebook and Twitter Tuesday morning his mother passed away.

Sanders didn't comment any further, except to ask again for prayers and support from SteelerNation via Twitter.

Steelers WR Mike Wallace also asked for support for Sanders and his family via Twitter.

Out of respect for Sanders and his family, we won't dig for any other details, and we'll wait for the team to discuss any potential of Sanders missing Sunday's game against Baltimore.

We here at Behind The Steel Curtain are praying for Sanders and his family, and we ask all of SteelerNation to do the same. His Facebook message came at approximately 9:26 a.m. ET, and as of 11:26 a.m. ET, he already had 761 messages from fans of Sanders and the Steelers alike.

You can send him your support via his Facebook page, which is linked here, as is his Twitter handle.

Sanders is clearly already very well liked among his teammates, and is establishing himself into a very talented receiver. He seems to have a connection with QB Ben Roethlisberger in the red zone, and already has 18 catches for 243 yards and two touchdowns on the season.

One of the Steelers "Young Money" receivers, Sanders shined in his first career start last week against New England, catching five passes for 70 yards. Heart breaks for this kid. The way we talk about players on here, we forget that they're still people. Thoughts and :pray: for Manny and his family.

Although this article does mention the possibility of him missing the Ravens game, I think he's going to do his best to play. He seems like a real spiritual and emotional guy, and he'll probably want to play in this one for his Mom.

LINK (https://www.facebook.com/TheNextGreat88)

Yall pray for me and my family. Mom passed away this morning. I appreciate all the calls and texts of support but I'm trying to keep my phoneline open for family.

Tell your loved ones you loved them every chance you get cuz you never know when that day will come. Can't believe this.

Rampage
11-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Very sad to see. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Steeler Nation's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Manny!

LatrobePA
*** Sorry for your loss Manny..

If he does play it will be with a heavy heart! Show your support team and crush the Rats this week!!

UKSTEELER
Lost my Father earlier this year, so know a little what he'll be going through.

RIP

Hope he plays, but could be difficult with all the emotion involved.

steelersbabex25
11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I think if he choses not to play, Steeler Nation would understand. I believe he will though.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
I think if he choses not to play, Steeler Nation would understand. I believe he will though.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Manny talks very high of his mother, this has to be devastating for him. I remember when we interviewed him he had nothing but great things to say about her.

Knowing how competitive he is I wouldn't be shocked to see him on the field on Sunday and have a great game!

Rampage
11-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Absolutely. There are a lot of things that are more important than football and family is one of them.

Diehardsteel
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
And the bad news keeps coming this week. RIP mommy sanders. I hope manny is holding up well.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Extremely sad. Manny is such a family guy, you know he is hurting. God bless

MattyVfromCT
11-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Very sad to hear. God bless him and his family

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SteelDad
11-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Horrible news indeed. Certainly feel for the young man and whatever he chooses to do is his right.

Prosdo
11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Sad news. Thoughts and prayers are with his family. Completely understand if he doesn't play.

K Train
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
while this really sucks, i cant see him missing the game...if anything players seem to play harder after losing a family member, even if they miss practice all week.

brett favres dad died and he went ape **** on MNF, while football takes a back seat to losing his mom i wouldnt be surprised to see a career day from him either

TampaSteelGirl
11-01-2011, 04:43 PM
God bless Manny and his family!! I pray they find peace and comfort.

LarryNJ
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Losing your mother is one of the hardest things for anyone to go through. God bless him and his entire family during this difficult time.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Man sorry to hear about that, i wish him well dealing with this tough time...

connecticutsteel
11-01-2011, 07:58 PM
god bless him time for Cotchery if he can't go

Bucsfan4ever
11-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Saw this on one of my fantasy leagues...also said that he is having problems with his knee. So sorry to hear...thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2011, 11:27 PM
god bless him time for Cotchery if he can't go

You know you're in good shape when your #5 WR is Cotchery. I have a feeling Sanders will play and have a good game, injuries notwithstanding.

Never easy losing your Mother, no matter how old you may be. And it doesn't get any easier no matter how long it has been.

scott0326
11-02-2011, 06:12 AM
R.I.P.. Thoughts with Emmanuel Sanders and his family.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
You know you're in good shape when your #5 WR is Cotchery. I have a feeling Sanders will play and have a good game, injuries notwithstanding.

Never easy losing your Mother, no matter how old you may be. And it doesn't get any easier no matter how long it has been.

No doubt we are fortunate that our #5 WR is a former starter in the NFL just a year ago. typically players who lose a loved one and play the following week have big games. They are inspired and playing with passion to honor their lost loved one. No one will blame Manny if he doesn't play but if he does I suspect it'll be a big game for him.

Stairwayto7
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Damn! God Bless him an his family! totally understand him not playing! Im sure he will make the best decision!

Scorp
11-02-2011, 10:09 PM
God rest her soul and thoughts and prayers with his entire family.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Latest from the Trib... (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Ravens%27%20Webb:%20Wallace%20not%20Steelers%20bes t%20WR%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765280.html#ixzz1ce6tHYt0)

Emmanuel Sanders (knee) did not practice. Sanders is also dealing with the death of his mother, but he is expected to return for Sunday's game.