PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison could return for Ravens' game; 11/4 - Will Play Pending Vision Test

harpo
10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
James Harrison likely to return for Steelers

The Steelers could lose one of their bookend linebackers for Sunday Night’s game against the Ravens, but they also sound likely get one back.

Harrison likely to return for Steelers (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/31/james-harrison-likely-to-return-for-steelers/)

I don't know how accurate this is, but let's hope he returns in "beast" mode. :tt02:

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
This would make my entire life..

steelers4life66
10-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Hope the hell at least one of the two play.

Prosdo
10-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Hope the hell at least one of the two play.

I second that. If I had to pick one, I'd take Woodley.

Big T
10-31-2011, 06:56 PM
James Harrison just tweeted (and posted on facebook):

Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won't be playing this weekend but at least I'm cleared for practice. Worst case scenario I'll be back after the bye for sure.

Damn...

steelers4life66
10-31-2011, 07:40 PM
James Harrison just tweeted (and posted on facebook):

Damn...
:evilshake:

--- Added 10/31/2011 at 05:40 PM ---

Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won't be playing this weekend but at least I'm cleared for practice. Worst case scenario I'll be back after the bye for sure. :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Ed Bouchette tweeted that he would probably play and then James tweeted back, nope! LOL. Get our hopes up and then dash them.

With the new CBA rules you can only practice once per week in pads so NFL practices aren't what they used to be. He'll do the walk throughs but they'll keep a real close eye on him to see how he does. At this point you might as well just rest him till the bye is over.

Not long after his agent said "Unless something happens, he will play this week," linebacker James Harrison said he will not.

Harrison, in a Twitter message this evening, said that he "Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won't be playing this weekend but at least I'm cleared for practice."
Earlier, agent Bill Prise said "I think that is possible" that Harrison wojuld play against Baltimore Sunday night.

"Unless something happens, he will play this week," Parise said.
Parise said Harrison's eye improved tremendously from Thursday to Saturday and the four-time All-Pro linebacker wanted to play but doctors would not let him.

The bone around Harrison's eye was broken late in the Steelers 17-10 loss at Houston Oct. 2. Lawrence Timmons moved over from inside linebacker to take his place at right outside linebacker the past four games.

Harrison went on to write on his Facebook page: "Worst case scenario, I'll be back after the bye for sure."

If Harrison does not play against Baltimore, the Steelers likely will have three of their four starting linebackers out. Linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who leads the AFC with nine sacks, has a left hamstring injury that likely will keep him out of Sunday's game. And linebacker James Farrior has a torn calf muscle that could keep him out another month.
From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11304/1186519-100.stm#ixzz1cQMckCnm)

Destossel
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Has Timmons been effective in Harrison's place ? No sacks or big plays that I can recall.

I hope Carter can step up.

Farrior Fan
10-31-2011, 11:11 PM
I absolutely love #92 and I love the fact that he wants to play....but JH we need you later. Week #8 means very little. Get yourself ready for the second half and the playoffs. Because we all know that #7 is ours for the taking. Go get it.

Scorp
11-01-2011, 02:47 AM
I heard on nfln he was out and then heard on espn that he was going to play. Guess i'll just wait and see in the coming days. But i'm going to pray he plays sunday night.

cmerrifield
11-01-2011, 06:59 AM
He'll do the walk throughs but they'll keep a real close eye on him to see how he does.

Pun intended? Close EYE on him:lol:

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Hope Wood will play

Scorp
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Pun intended? Close EYE on him:lol:

What he really meant was he's looking forward to it. :yellowthumb: You SEE what i mean? :grin1:

UKSTEELER
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Big blow that JH can't make it this weekend, I expect when he does come back though he'll be full tilt. Will give Carter time to develop though which can only be good.

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Big blow that JH can't make it this weekend, I expect when he does come back though he'll be full tilt. Will give Carter time to develop though which can only be good.

This injury had to be good for his back too

SteelDad
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
I still think he'll play...

Steel Trap86
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't know how the beast isn't cleared to play yet. Just feed him some barbed wire and broken glass with some JD and de-cage him.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I hope they both play! we are gonna need em!

steelersbabex25
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Looks like there's a very good chance Harrison will be back:

PITTSBURGH—There is a good chance Pro Bowl OLB James Harrison, who has missed the Pittsburgh Steelers' past four games, could return this weekend against the Baltimore Ravens.

Harrison practiced the past two days after being cleared to do so as he recovered from a broken bone near his right eye. If there are no setbacks, it is possible he will be cleared to play in the game. If so, Lawrence Timmons will be moved back to inside linebacker after starting the past four games in Harrison’s outside spot.

That should help Timmons, who has been mostly a non-factor in four games at that position. He has just 12 tackles, no sacks and only two quarterback pressures since replacing Harrison. Those are meager numbers as a position that is designed to make plays.

Harrison’s return would be timely because outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley hasn’t practiced and is not expected to play against the Ravens because of a bum hamstring.

Woodley had 7 ˝ sacks and an interception in the four games while Harrison was sidelined. He will be replaced by Jason Worilds, who has missed the past four games with a quad injury.

James Harrison is this close to returning to face the Ravens. (AP Photo)Worilds, a No. 2 pick in 2010, was scheduled to return two weeks ago in Arizona, but aggravated his injury in practice and missed the past two games. His return should also help the defense because the Steelers were forced to use rookie linebacker Chris Carter when Woodley was injured against the Patriots.

Carter, a fifth-round pick, is very quick off the edge, but he must get bigger and stronger to play that strong-side position. Worilds is bigger and stronger and is also a good pass-rusher.

But a lot depends on that status of inside linebacker James Farrior, who injured his calf in practice and did not play against the Patriots.

Farrior practiced Thursday and could return against the Ravens, though a lot depends on how he feels the next couple days. If he is back, it is possible Farrior and veteran Larry Foote will start inside and Timmons and Harrison will be the outside backers.

Foote made all the defensive calls in Farrior’s absence against the Patriots.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-03/pittsburgh-steelers-team-report-james-harrison-nearly-ready

Rampage
11-04-2011, 02:03 PM
If Harrison would be capable of coming in and being effective, that would take a lot of the sting away after (probably) losing Woodley for a little while. I would hate to see him come back in only to be out of position due to a lack of reps, but I doubt he would get the start if that were the case.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2011, 05:21 PM
It would be nice to have Timmons back in the middle again but Foote has done an admirable job playing in his absence.

This would be a chance for Jason Worilds to show what he's got if Woodley can't go. He's supposed to be the future at some point so let's find out.

You know Harrison is chomping at the bit to get back, what better time than now against the Ravens!

LatrobePA
11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Harrison needs to use his fresh legs and burn up the outside.