PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Drunk

PITT23
01-16-2007, 04:01 PM
You might remember Ben likes to drink (http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nfl/its-good-to-be-big-ben-151809.php) like most regular folks do, but the kind of face he makes in this new pic is just great.

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2007/01/big-ben-does-it-againwith-help-from.html

http://bp2.blogger.com/_g5-bZ38yOUE/RaxdjtLybCI/AAAAAAAAACw/qR6uhIzIMpg/s320/bigben2.jpg

Steelersfan
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Maybe it's just me but that guy looks too small to be Ben.

MRS Steelerfan
01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Attractive,:scratch: as long as he does not drive his bike after such outings, I say--PARTY ON, BEN!!!

AZ_Steeler
01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Good to see Ben is feeling like his old self again :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Attractive,:scratch: as long as he does not drive his bike after such outings, I say--PARTY ON, BEN!!!

Amen sister!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 04:14 PM
No not party on. I want Ben to live his life. But he needs to take his job as staring QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers alittle more serious. Now I have been a fan of Ben's since his Miami of Ohio days. I was hoping Ben was going to fall to the Steelers in the 2004 draft. I'm still a fan but I just see so much potential out of Ben that I think he can be great.

MRS Steelerfan
01-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I think Ben needs to make better decisions in life, that is obvious! BUT, c'mon if you are expecting this YOUNG QB not to party. That is unrealistic.

BBG7
01-16-2007, 04:26 PM
It's the offseason. He needs to unwind and have fun. It's not fair to expect him not to party. Who knows he may not even be drunk just making a wierd face at the camera.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I think Ben needs to make better decisions in life, that is obvious! BUT, c'mon if you are expecting this YOUNG QB not to party. That is unrealistic.

Thats not what I'm saying at all. When you're making millions of dollars for an organization you owe that organization to take your job alittle more serious then Ben has to this point.

I'll give Ben a pass for this season since he had alot on his plate from a health stand point. Plus I would expect Ben to unwind alittle during the off-season. But he needs to put alot work into his game. Sure Ben did well his first two but just imagine how good Ben could become if he had a work ethic of a Tom Brady?

I have just read to much from different sources that Ben doesn't have a great work ethic. I think Gerry Dulac a Steelers beat writer even comment recently that wouldn't hurt Ben to become a better student of the game. We already know he likes to drink like a champion. I just hope he starts putting the work in like a champion.

MRS Steelerfan
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
You did not just give Kudos to Tom Brady in this thread????:scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 04:34 PM
You did not just give Kudos to Tom Brady in this thread????:scratch:

Yes I did but I do hate the guy. There is a reason he is a three time Super Bowl champion the guy works hard at his craft. I'm sure Tom likes to party it up also. But when he gets it done on the field on a consistent basis its hard to question his work ethic.

From the countless reports that I have read and his questionable work ethic and to the photos proving he drinks like a champion. I start to wonder if Ben does take his job serious? He is only human so if did get a big head after the success he had its understandable. I'm just hoping by March Ben and his WR's start preparing for the 2007 season.

MRS Steelerfan
01-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I think Brady takes his GQ modeling more serious then FB. Anything else I have to say about this belongs in the rivalry forum. So, I will shut up now before my husband bans me!!!

SteelersWoman
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
It's my feeling that he can do whatever he likes in the offseason--as long as it's not something stupid to get himself hurt like last year. But I also think he needs to keep up with work outs and when it's gets closer to training camp time, it's time to lay off the sauce and partying, and take his job (and pay) seriously and do what he's paid to do.

Film studying, working out hard, and drinking in respectable MODERATION during the season will go a long way toward helping us in '07. He's GOT to stop the partying on Friday/Saturday nights during the season though--it's gonna bite us in the butt.

Hopefully a new HC can lay down the law about this stuff and keep Big Ben in line ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 04:50 PM
The thing is when I read recently that some of Ben's teammates thought Ben needs to take his job more serious from studying film and other areas that go into being a pro athlete then I think there is a problem.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not convinced that is Ben, that guy looks way to small if you ask me. I know Ben lost alot of weight during his time off but that guy looks way too small to be him.

I can't fault the guy for unwinding alittle, I mean he's only been done playing for what, 2 weeks now? Most players take atleast the first 2 months off after the season to chill out and relax, then they get back into the swing of things with team workouts, meetings, etc.

K Train
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
thats not ben, way to small. He hasnt had long hair since pre accident and pre accident he was a big boy...his hair is short, has been short and that guy is to small in general if you ask me

so all i gotta say to that pic is :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
That pic that was floating around a couple years ago of Ben partying and drinking, wasn't him either. It's just somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Stairwayto7
01-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Ben is a man, a young man! No different than anyone else.

His workouts I`m sure are top priority. This could be a wedding or something! Who cares? Is he driving drunk? is he shooting a pistol in public? Is he Harrassing women, or domestic violence for a beating?

He is an adult, having some cocktails and a good time! Do we even know if we was drunk?

Everyone takes a bad picture now and then. Hell you could be stone sober and take a bad picture!

Live Ben, Live

floodcitygirl
01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I agree with ya Cleves...but I'm not so sure that's him either.

K Train
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
its not him, no way :willybs: :willybs: :willybs:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Damn people trying to stir the pot, just leave the man alone already. Im sure this pic has made it's way or will make it's way all over the net.

MRS Steelerfan
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Damn people trying to stir the pot, just leave the man alone already. Im sure this pic has made it's way or will make it's way all over the net.

:iagree:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Edit, I wasn't referring to you Pitt23 in the "damn people" statement :lol: Just the people that put this stuff up in the first place to try and cause trouble for Ben.

PITT23
01-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Edit, I wasn't referring to you Pitt23 in the "damn people" statement :lol: Just the people that put this stuff up in the first place to try and cause trouble for Ben.

It's all good, just though I'd share this with everyone. Actually, any normal person making that face would probably make me laugh anyways. And it's been mentioned on Deadspin and thats the biggest "nonmainstream" place on the web...
http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/the-sad-thing-thats-apple-juice-228971.php

BBG7
01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Ben is a man, a young man! No different than anyone else.

His workouts I`m sure are top priority. This could be a wedding or something! Who cares? Is he driving drunk? is he shooting a pistol in public? Is he Harrassing women, or domestic violence for a beating?

He is an adult, having some cocktails and a good time! Do we even know if we was drunk?

Everyone takes a bad picture now and then. Hell you could be stone sober and take a bad picture!

Live Ben, Live

well said!!!! I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone should leave the guy alone and let him live his life!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't think I was ever saying I don't want Ben to live his life. I just hope he takes his job as starting QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers alittle more serious. Thats all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBG7
01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
But just because someone puts out gossip pictures of him, it doens't mean he is not taking his job seriously.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
That's what we all hope he does man, we can't afford to have him miss any workouts, film sessions, team meetings, training camp sessions, anything.

Im sure we'll see some articles in the near future about Ben working with his WR's and TE's in the offseason too, atleast we better !

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
But just because someone puts out gossip pictures of him, it doens't mean he is not taking his job seriously.

Well when articles are written by Steelers beat writers suggesting that the new HC needs to be harder on Ben with studying film and other areas with being a pro athlete. That suggest Ben needs to take his job alittle more serious. I think it was Gerry Dulac that wrote such an article. I even remembering during Ben's rookie season that some teammates questioned his work ethic. He is known to be last one in and first one out during practice.

I'm a Ben fan and watched the guy play in college. I just hope he doesn't waste his talent.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
That's what we all hope he does man, we can't afford to have him miss any workouts, film sessions, team meetings, training camp sessions, anything.

Im sure we'll see some articles in the near future about Ben working with his WR's and TE's in the offseason too, atleast we better !

Well I hope and the new HC better buckle Ben down. The guy has to much talent to waste.

"The sadest thing in life is wasted talent".

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 09:15 PM
That's one thing Im interested to see no matter who they choose for our new HC, is how they will work with Ben and what if anything they'll change about his routine and workouts.

DIESELMAN
01-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Well when articles are written by Steelers beat writers suggesting that the new HC needs to be harder on Ben with studying film and other areas with being a pro athlete. That suggest Ben needs to take his job alittle more serious. I think it was Gerry Dulac that wrote such an article. I even remembering during Ben's rookie season that some teammates questioned his work ethic. He is known to be last one in and first one out during practice.

I'm a Ben fan and watched the guy play in college. I just hope he doesn't waste his talent.I agree bro, I've read some of those artcles myself. I've also read where he knows he needs to work harder during the offseason. Success to early in a career can sometimes lead to laziness and a false sense of accomplishment. Hopefully this past seasons events have been bouncing around in his head and is a constant reminder how fast things can change in the NFL.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I agree bro, I've read some of those artcles myself. I've also read where he knows he needs to work harder during the offseason. Success to early in a career can sometimes lead to laziness and a false sense of accomplishment. Hopefully this past seasons events have been bouncing around in his head and is a constant reminder how fast things can change in the NFL.

I'm sure the success did go to his head. That could happen to anyone. I just don't think Ben needs to work harder. I think the whole team needs to put in the extra work also. But QB play is important so thats why I'm hard on the QB.lol I give Ben a pass for this season. I just hope the new HC smacks the whip hard.lol

TEEMONT
01-17-2007, 12:11 AM
What is the deal with that shirt he is wearing?

Stairwayto7
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM
I agree bro, I've read some of those artcles myself. I've also read where he knows he needs to work harder during the offseason. Success to early in a career can sometimes lead to laziness and a false sense of accomplishment. Hopefully this past seasons events have been bouncing around in his head and is a constant reminder how fast things can change in the NFL.

I thought that I heard that he was working hard last off season. But then the motorcycle accident! Ben seems plenty mature to me, I think he will be fine. This off season he will be able to work with Holmes the entire time also.

ohiosteelfan20
01-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I think he needs to have a few drinks after the last year he has had.