PDA

View Full Version : The D Vs. The Feet -Steelers vs Ray Rice

PITTxPRIDE
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
What do The STeelers need to do to stop ray rice and his hard running game?
and who should be in charge of the d line this game?
:FIREdevil:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Stopping Ray Rice is the absolute key to this game. You do that and you win the game. You don't do that and your chances are severely diminished. When Rice is running well, Flacco usually plays well. He can use the play action and look downfield for long gainers.

You have to play gap sound coverage, if you let a crease open up he will slip through it and just run right through arm tackles. Gap sound defense and gang tackling. That's easier said than done though because he's so small and compact.

The defensive line needs to hold their blocks and not get blown off the ball. If Hampton starts this game you can bet the Ravens will try those chop blocks again so I suspect the Steelers will try to adjust out of that if it starts happening again.

steelers4life66
10-31-2011, 07:07 PM
If Hampton starts this game you can bet the Ravens will try those chop blocks again
I know it's legal as long as you use the lineman next to you but, I still say it's a pu$$y way to play football. It's just too easy for a player to end up with a career ending knee injury.:2cents:

MattyVfromCT
10-31-2011, 07:30 PM
I know it's legal as long as you use the lineman next to you but, I still say it's a pu$$y way to play football. It's just too easy for a player to end up with a career ending knee injury.:2cents:

Couldn't agree more. The league makes all these rulechanges to baby qb's and receivers but allow all kinds of **** to happen to defenders. Hypocrites......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Do the same thing they have been doing for the last few games. Penetration from the defensive line

Goodfrom55
10-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Penetrate
Tackle Rice Low (no arm tackling)
Backside Pursuit must stay disciplined as to prevent Rice from gaining "cutback yards".

And of course, my favorite, get up big early and take the threat of the run out of the game.

SnakeEyes43
11-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Smack his stumpy *** in the mouth! Haha, no seriously, like everyone else said: D-line penetration, filling the gaps, solid tackling and you take him out of the game. If we stop the run game, I don't see Flacco beating us. Need a big game from the D-line and LBs.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Penetrate
Tackle Rice Low (no arm tackling)
Backside Pursuit must stay disciplined as to prevent Rice from gaining "cutback yards".

And of course, my favorite, get up big early and take the threat of the run out of the game.

Good point about the backside pursuit staying home. Don't get caught up in what he might do just stay in your area and be ready to tackle him at a moments notice. The more you can make him run where you want him to run the better chance you have to stop him.

Seal the outside too, string out the play but plugging up all the holes on the interior and then your linebackers and run support can make the play before he has a chance to get up field.

PITTxPRIDE
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
definatley get low, and u know... i honestly think that he isnt to hard to stop, i think mentally they need to show up as well as physically