PDA

View Full Version : Who guards Boldin this week?

mwittman5
10-31-2011, 12:42 PM
It will be interesting to see who guards who against the Ravens. Boldin has been heating up lately but they also have Torrey Smith who is capable of making big plays down the field. Wonder who Ike guards this week.

Troyisabeast_43
10-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Ike will be on Boldin and they will take their chances dropping both Troy and Clark back and having either Lewis or Gay cover Smith. Dont forget about Dickson the TE who hurt the Steelers a lot in the first matchup as well. The key is going to be shutting down Ray Rice and not letting him break any big ones or get it going...If he has a good game it changes everything for Flacco and that offense...

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Will Evans be starting?

bigplaysteel
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
It will be interesting to see who guards who against the Ravens. Boldin has been heating up lately but they also have Torrey Smith who is capable of making big plays down the field. Wonder who Ike guards this week.

Put #28 on him. Why do you ask?:lol:

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
If not Ike, than Lewis. He can get the most physical out of all our corners. Boldin is a big guy, we need someone that can be physical with him.

K Train
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
honestly i think lewis would be the best matchup, just cause hes physical and cant run with smith...ike would own torrey smith in every way, who really isnt that good

mwittman5
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
honestly i think lewis would be the best matchup, just cause hes physical and cant run with smith...ike would own torrey smith in every way, who really isnt that good

I agree that Smith isn't that good yet but if he can beat one our CB's deep then it could be a big play for them and since these games are usually close it's important not to give up a big play.

K Train
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
I agree that Smith isn't that good yet but if he can beat one our CB's deep then it could be a big play for them and since these games are usually close it's important not to give up a big play.

which is why i said ike...smith wouldnt stand a chance against ike, and while boldin is good hes not exactly what he used to be, im not to worried about whoever is on him since hes a slower WR

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Forget metal face who covers Rice?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Assuming Ike is ready to go, which he said he will be after the game, you have to think Ike will be on Boldin. He's a tough, physical, player and Ike is as well.

This is a good test for the Steelers again because if Evans plays then you have to think Gay will probably be covering him and Lewis on Smith. Troy and Ryan Clark will help out those 2.

The Patriots have a good WR corp as well and our secondary held their own pretty well yesterday so I like our chances. Plus Flacco doesn't get rid of the ball quickly so the pass rush has a good chance to get there.

coldrolled
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Dont change the defense... Use the same tactic this week... We dominated and Flacco is not Brady... In two weeks we can go back to our normal defense. Dalton will be frazzled by any steeler D.

SteelerFan87
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I think we can go back to our normal D this week. The Pats offense is built to pick apart the kind of D we usually run. The Ravens offense isn't. Our normal D is built to stop the kind of offense the Ravens run. Put Ike on Boldin. Smith is, as far as I know, mostly a deep threat. Put Gay or Lewis on him, and they can give him a cushion if he's going to try to go deep all game. Keep Clark back to help take away the big play. I want Troy up near the line of scrimmage where he can wreak havoc against Flacco, blitz on occasion, and help against the run. We're going to have to generate pressure, and Ray Rice is their best weapon.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
"Infusion of Confusion". Worked against the Patsies.

Stairwayto7
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM
I think we all know Ike gets Boldin i want to know who is mirroring rice

HUNT4SEVEN
10-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Dont change the defense... Use the same tactic this week... We dominated and Flacco is not Brady... In two weeks we can go back to our normal defense. Dalton will be frazzled by any steeler D.

Exactly my thoughts, if we play this type of defense, and offense, we bring home number 7 this year!:tt02::tt02:

Goodfrom55
10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
I would think they would have to take away Flacco's 1st read (Bouldin) and Rice. Do that, he gets happy feet and tries to force things. That being said, I stick Ike on Bouldin, and Lewis or Gay on Smith. 1st and foremost, they have to cut off the food supply to the Ravens offense and that is Ray Rice.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Lewis on Smith could be a fun matchup to watch, I suspect we'll see that on Sunday to some degree.

Ike will be on Bouldin but I'm sure Flacco will still try and take some shots to test Taylor and see how it goes. I'm sure Taylor along with the rest of the defense will be looking for redemption, no question about it. Take away Boldin, limit Ray Rice and you can severely limit Flacco. I know their tight ends played a big part in the game in week 1 as well but the Steelers have shown they can combat that now.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2011, 11:38 PM
There was mention of a possible 4 man line on Sunday. That would be interesting for the Ravens to have to figure out who is blitzing from an even front. Whether or not the Steelers do this, it gives the Ravens yet another thing to think about.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Ike always gets up for these games, I have little doubt he's as anxious as any of the Steelers for some payback. Maybe we finally get an Ike INT this weekend? Couldn't come against a nicer opponent either!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Ike on Boldin......Gay on Smith....I'm not worried about Smith since he almost has as many drops in 7 games as Limas Sweed did in his entire Steelers career.......I would put Lewis on one of them damn TE's.....Troy really needs to shadow Rice.........

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Depending on what defense they run they may not need to have someone shadow Ray Rice. Although that remains to be seen but I suspect someone will keep a watchful eye on him nonetheless.

This is a good time to see Gay and Lewis put together solid games against decent WR's again. Flacco is no Tom Brady that's for sure, but still the DB's need to stay on their toes and be ready.

Real Deal Steel
11-04-2011, 01:13 AM

Ike will be on Boldin because Boldin is the underneath guy that Flacco will look to get rid of the ball to first because of the pass rush that's going to be on his @ss.

Then one of our LB will jump in front and get the interception as usual.

connecticutsteel
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
The x-factor is Lewis remember BMac started week 1 and now he's where he should be