PDA

View Full Version : Ben beat Brady at his own game

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Was listening to a Steelers show on the way back from the game, and the announcers were talking about how Ben "out Bradied" Brady, and that was such a good sight to see. The scripts were totally flipped this game. Ben was standing in the pocket, cool calm and collected, just waiting for the open receiver, while Brady looked frantic the entire game. He had a good drive or two, but other than that, he seemed totally lost. Looked to me like Ben stole Tom Brady's playbook and just did everything that Brady usually does.

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Our defense was fantastic. They pressured Brady right up the middle which kept Brady off balance the whole game. Brady even had happy feet when he was standing back there.

And Woodley was a one man wrecking crew out there today.

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I said last week this is how they'd need to play the Pats and they did and it worked.

My question is will they use this kind of gameplan this week against the rats?

coldrolled
10-31-2011, 08:59 AM
I said last week this is how they'd need to play the Pats and they did and it worked.

My question is will they use this kind of gameplan this week against the rats?

They better... if they do flacco is chicken paprikash.

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 09:05 AM
They better... if they do flacco is chicken paprikash.

:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

I hope, right now that shitbag is playing bad, we need to press his WR's and take away his hot reads then own his ***!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM
I was listening to "cooler talk" last night on the way home too. We all knew Ben was perfectly capable of playing that kind of game but it was nice to be able to see him do it against a quality opponent. It's nice to beat Brady and the Pats at their own game. Using Heath was giving them a taste of their own medicine too!

chisteeler
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
First off, my congrats to the team. I admit I was skeptical coming into this game, but they put together a good game plan on both sides of the ball and calmed my nerves on what I thought would be a Steelers defeat. It's good to be proved wrong with a big win.
Secondly, I loved seeing Tom Brady pace the sidelines. The cameras would pan to him occasionaly and you could just see he was liked a caged lion not knowing what to do. He was continuously warming up and then standing there with a scowl on his puss. It is true though, that the way to beat the Pats is to keep him on the sidelines. Great win!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
I said if they played like they played on offense we would win! i just hope this is the type of defense we see from our boys the rest of the season:yesnod:

Scorp
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I said yesterday that it looked as if Ben did to Brady and the pats what they have done to us in the past. It was sweet to see the roles reversed. Pats are done with boys and girls. You think maybe we should give some thanks to the Bills for what they started? Pats will lose at least 2 more games.

As for the ravens, they haven't swept us since 2006. I know for a fact it does not happen this season. They'll put up a valiant effort but will fall short.

PeterC042
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Great article (http://thexlog.com/201111011217/xtra-point-football/nfl/nfl-rage-big-ben-can-play-quarterback-too/)on how the Steelers git no respect against the Patriots this week

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I said if they played like they played on offense we would win! i just hope this is the type of defense we see from our boys the rest of the season:yesnod:

The Steelers are finding out that they are a passing team, whether they like it or not it's who they are. They have too many weapons to not be a team that passes to set up the run. There's nothing wrong with that, but our hope as to be that Arians will stick with what is working and not digress just because..we've seen it happen before.

This year appears to be different because the effectiveness of the passing game far outweighs the effectiveness of the run game as the focal point. Both are important but in this years team, it's a pass first mentality and run off of that.

Goodfrom55
11-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Had the Steelers stayed in predominantly zone, the Steelers would have gotten crushed. As well as Ben played, let's face it, the offense could have been better. To dominate the Pats statistically the way the Steelers did and only win by 8 points is a little concerning.

That being said, it looks like our little Ben is all grown up now. Hope they keep the momentum going vs the Ravens this Sunday.

Nolrog
11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I got to listen to most of the game (on XM) but I was in the car. We lost power on Saturday and didn't get it back until this afternoon. Man it was cold.

Anyway, great game, but I have to say, I was worried when Brady had the ball back down by only 6. Fracking kicker missing that FG that would have iced it. He's gotta nail those, Heinz field or not.

LarryNJ
11-01-2011, 08:51 PM
As well as Ben played, let's face it, the offense could have been better. To dominate the Pats statistically the way the Steelers did and only win by 8 points is a little concerning.

That's very true and most of us are sort of ignoring that fact and basking in the W! :)

FG in the red zone isn't the ticket to success. We got away with it last week because of the great job the D did.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Of course the Steelers need to improve their red zone scoring......I agree 100% but at the same time the Steelers still beat the Pats.........The Steelers D played great but the Steelers offense dominated the game by controlling the T.O.P........which allowed the D to be great......

steelersbabex25
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I started a thread on the redzone issue..duhs.

RW76
11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Surprised that Brady and the Pats (http://thexlog.com/201111011217/xtra-point-football/nfl/nfl-rage-big-ben-can-play-quarterback-too/) are not getting crucified in the media. There seems to be more comments made about what they did wrong than what the Steelers did right.