PDA

View Full Version : When Woodley went down

Stairwayto7
10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
we didnt get much pressure. Has been a stud since 92 went down. After watching what goes on when he got hurt, I really developed a new appreciation for him. NE had no shot against our defense with Woodley in, but moved it well as soon as he went down. I think he's earned a pass for a few bad weeks. This guy is super important to this Defense.

harpo
10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Is there a report on what happened to him and the seriousness of his injury?

LatrobePA
10-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought Carter did well, he got some good pressure and was held..

harpo
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I thought Carter did well, he got some good pressure and was held..

Yeah, I agree.....I thought Carter played good and was held on more than a couple of plays....

Farrior Fan
10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
they mentioned during that game that it was a hammy

uclkyle
10-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Was there any word on what happened to Ike? Sure looked like he was knocked out. Next thing I know, he's back on the field breaking up a pass. I saw the replay a time or two, but couldn't see where he was injured. Any word on a stinger or the now famous "concussion symptoms?" I think it was Kevin Faulk was sure acting like Ike was knocked out.

uclkyle
10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Only thing mentioned was hamstring with return questionable. Obviously he didn't come back in though.

Troyisabeast_43
10-30-2011, 10:42 PM
He seemed to be walking around on the sidelines okay so hopefully its not serious and he will be a go next week for the huge huge game with the Ravens...

Big T
10-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Brian Waters caught Ike with an incidental elbow to the head. I'd bet it was a concussion but they needed Ike out there so they called it a stinger.

Big T
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure you're thinking of Ike's injury. There was some confusion in the gameday thread about if it was Ike or Timmons who was down.

uclkyle
10-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. Sure seemed like he was badly injured.

Big T
10-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Woodley tweeted that he'll be ready to go Sunday.

Ed Bouchette tweeted that Woodley is likely OUT next week but that Harrison may return.

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Woodley tweeted that he'll be ready to go Sunday.

Ed Bouchette tweeted that Woodley is likely OUT next week but that Harrison may return.

We will need some pass rush next week..

Farrior Fan
10-31-2011, 12:22 AM
You are right, it was Ike...just saw there was a thread on him before clicking here. After games I try to think of any injuries and find stuff on the web and couldn't find anything about LT. Now I know why.

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh yeah it was Ike, my wife thought it was Timmons too because all you could see was the 4 of the jersey. I think Ike just got his bell rung, as he came back into the game.

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2011, 12:26 AM
He said post game that it was cramps and that he will play against the Ratbirds. Whew!

Iron Paul
10-31-2011, 12:29 AM
He seemed to be walking around on the sidelines okay so hopefully its not serious and he will be a go next week for the huge huge game with the Ravens...
We are going to need Woodley for certain next week. Without him, we don't have much of a pass rush. Surprised that Timmons isn't getting any sacks.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Ike Taylor has a shoulder injury and a stinger according to Tomlin's press conference after the game. His status will be reevaluated this week.

SnakeEyes43
10-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Ike Taylor has a shoulder injury and a stinger according to Tomlin's press conference after the game. His status will be reevaluated this week.

Hmmm, he looked out...maybe they are trying to cover for him.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 01:19 AM
The Steelers are already down Harrison and Farrior for this game, and then Woodley leaves and the pass rush suffers, there's just no way around it when you lose that many players. Credit guys like Keisel and Hood for stepping up late in the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 01:44 AM
The left hamstring injury that forced LaMarr Woodley from the Steelers' 25-17 win over New England on Sunday won't keep him from playing next week when Baltimore visits Heinz Field.

That's what the outside linebacker said after he recorded his eighth and ninth sacks of the season.

"I'll be in there," he said. "I have a week (to heal)."
Woodley said he didn't tear his hamstring, which he hurt in the third quarter while rushing New England quarterback Tom Brady.

>> Injuries continue to mount on defense, but the Steelers avoided a major one after cornerback Ike Taylor went down in the third quarter and stayed down as medical personnel attended to him. Taylor left the field under his own power and later returned to the game despite shoulder and neck injuries.

"I'm straight," he said.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis suffered a shoulder injury, but he also returned. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert was in and out of the game after hurting an ankle.

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%27%20Woodley:%20Hamstring%20not%20problem %20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764717.html#ixzz1cKbf3h5r)

HUNT4SEVEN
10-31-2011, 02:00 AM
I hope him and Harrison play next week CC did look good though in relief of Woodley!

acero
10-31-2011, 02:17 AM
when he went down i felt lost, thanks god for keisel hes a beast!!!

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2011, 03:02 AM
We reeeeaaaaly need Woodley against the Ravens. Hamstrings are so tricky. From what I"m seeing this year, I doubt he's in there next week.

ALL HANDS ON DECK! ALL HANDS ON DECK! THE RAVENS ARE COMING! THE RAVENS ARE COMING!

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2011, 03:14 AM
We need all hands next week.

JensK
10-31-2011, 06:14 AM
The Steelers are already down Harrison and Farrior for this game, and then Woodley leaves and the pass rush suffers, there's just no way around it when you lose that many players. Credit guys like Keisel and Hood for stepping up late in the game.

Keisel is by now one of the most underrated players in the league imho. He is just dominating LOS and he is every bit as good as Jared Allen at interrupting passes.

OT: We really really need Woodley against Ravens, however not at the cost of loosing him long term. There is a lot of football to be played after the Ravens game as well, especially with the division looking as rough as it does.

Prosdo
10-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Hope Lamarr is good for next week. If he can do what he did this week again against Flacco I'm confident we can win.

steelersgal86
10-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Hope Lamarr is good for next week. If he can do what he did this week again against Flacco I'm confident we can win.

I agree...he was a huge impact in our win yesterday...we need him for the ravens

75Steeler
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
When is Harrison coming back? We need both him and Woodley against the ratbirds.

coldrolled
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
When is Harrison coming back? We need both him and Woodley against the ratbirds.

We can beat the rats without them.. something is smelling in the bird cage.....

Arizona gave them back the game.... they lost to the jags. almost pitt west..

this is not game one of the season.... :cope:

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Steelers will be out for blood after the way they got beat opening game, trust me the coaches will have them ready for this one...

Stairwayto7
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Ziggie Hood is coming on, cant wait to see what Heyward has in him!

coldrolled
10-31-2011, 12:02 PM
I hope him and Harrison play next week CC did look good though in relief of Woodley!

there was some blatant holding on CC. He is fast and strong. the refs need to start calling some holds against the pats... it is ridiculous...

mwittman5
10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
there was some blatant holding on CC. He is fast and strong. the refs need to start calling some holds against the pats... it is ridiculous...

I watched several games that Carter played in at Fresno State and he was always an underrated LB that should have gotten more hype. Farrior is out until december according to the PG so we need sylvester to step up until Harrison returns.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 12:51 PM
The Steelers reserve players are stepping up when needed and this year they are needed like never before. When is the last time the Steelers went into a game, a game like this for that matter, with 3 of the 4 starting linebackers out of the game or left early? Credit Sylvester, Foote, and Carter for really coming to the rescue. All 3 of those guys were instrumental in the win.

Troyisabeast_43
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Hopefully Worilds is on the verge of returning as well which will give the linebacking core even more depth. Until guys like that come back look for guys like Hood,Heyward,and McClendon to see more reps and continue to play well like they have along with Keisel who has been nothing short of spectacular this season...

TampaSteelGirl
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
when he went down i felt lost, thanks god for keisel hes a beast!!!

I felt exactly the same way!!!
I sent him some pics of my kids in his jersey on FB..showing him how much we appreciate him!!! :tt02:

Scorp
10-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Home
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review ,
Monday, October 31, 2011

The left hamstring injury that forced LaMarr Woodley from the Steelers' 25-17 win over New England on Sunday won't keep him from playing next week when Baltimore visits Heinz Field.

That's what the outside linebacker said after he recorded his eighth and ninth sacks of the season.

″I'll be in there,″ he said. ″I have a week (to heal).″

Woodley said he didn't tear his hamstring, which he hurt in the third quarter while rushing New England quarterback Tom Brady.

>> Injuries continue to mount on defense, but the Steelers avoided a major one after cornerback Ike Taylor went down in the third quarter and stayed down as medical personnel attended to him. Taylor left the field under his own power and later returned to the game despite shoulder and neck injuries.

″I'm straight,″ he said.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis suffered a shoulder injury, but he also returned. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert was in and out of the game after hurting an ankle.

>> Ben Roethlisberger was sacked five times, but that might be one of the most misleading statistics from the game. The Steelers' offensive line controlled New England up front, allowing Roethlisberger to complete 36 of 50 passes for 365 yards and for the Steelers to average 4.3 yards per carry.

″Boy, they really did a nice job,″ coach Mike Tomlin said. ″It was just a nice, good unit effort.″

>> Roethlisberger won his 75th career game and is the fourth-fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach that mark. The only ones to reach the milestone in fewer than his 106 games were Tom Brady and Roger Staubach (99 each) and Kenny Stabler (105).

>> Wide receiver Hines Ward (ankle) and inside linebacker James Farrior (calf) did not play. Outside linebackers James Harrison (eye) and Jason Worilds (quad) and nose tackle Chris Hoke (neck) also didn't suit up. Quarterback Dennis Dixon was the only healthy scratch.

>> The safety that the Steelers recorded on the game's penultimate play gave them safeties in consecutive games for the first time in franchise history.

>> Former Steelers Donnie Shell and John Jackson were honorary captains, as they took part in Alumni Day festivities. Others honored at halftime included Jason Gildon, Louis Lipps, Bubby Brister and Robin Cole.

>> Brady is used to having his way with the Steelers, but the New England quarterback had his worst statistical performance of the season (198 yards) Sunday. He attributed that to seeing more man-to-man defense from the Steelers.

Typically a zone team, the Steelers played almost exclusively tight man coverage throughout the game.

″They played more man than what they showed all year,″ Brady said. ″The way you beat man is you make plays against it and get them out of it. We didn't do enough of that.″

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Wild horses couldn't keep Woodley and Taylor out of this game. If they can possibly go, they will go. With all these injuries it's just amazing to watch the young guys step up, but for the Ravens this week you need every player available.