PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis should start at CB for the Steelers

NC Joker
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
In my opinion K. Lewis should now be the starter opposite of Ike. Don't get me wrong Gay is doing a fine job but I think he will help us more in the nickle. But finally Dick let those boys man up the whole game. Maybe he will let them do that more often and work his blitzes off of that. Great job boys way to get it done..

Stairwayto7
10-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Lewis is coming along, but in Gays defense he looked good today also! LeBeau wow what a gameplan against brady

harpo
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Lewis played a very good game. If he keeps it up, the spot will be his.

uclkyle
10-30-2011, 09:28 PM
I still like Gay for the time being. Lewis is the future, but I would give the nod to Gay right now.

Clevelandsux
10-30-2011, 09:52 PM
agreed.like what i saw in lewis.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Gay really hasn't been bad all year really......Lewis is looking good....Cortez Allen looked solid today as well......The secondary really has been solid all season.....Yes today was their first test against a top QB but still the secondary hasn't been the problem...My only complaint the lack of INT's.....

Big T
10-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Cortez Allen was extremely impressive, in my opinion, whenever he was one-on-one with Gronkowski.

K Train
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
lewis looks a whole lot better than i thought he was going to, no reason to keep mcfadden around now. With lewis turning the corner and showing hes a good canidate to play across from ike, and gay and allen showing they can play nickel, and even mundy playing quite a bit theres reason to be excited about this secondary...

SnakeEyes43
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I've said I liked Lewis for awhile, but yeah he had a great game. Gay played good too. It's so weird this year that the secondary is the highlight of the defense. They are shining.

Diehardsteel
10-30-2011, 11:41 PM
I'd keep everything the way it is. It's working just fine. I too was impressed with Cortez. Big props to Curtis Brown as well. He was big on special teams, always getting down the field quick and ready to hit someone.

mwittman5
10-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Mundy looked good in coverage too other than that holding penalty at the end of the game. Solid all the way around in coverage.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-31-2011, 12:03 AM
lewis looks a whole lot better than i thought he was going to, no reason to keep mcfadden around now. With lewis turning the corner and showing hes a good canidate to play across from ike, and gay and allen showing they can play nickel, and even mundy playing quite a bit theres reason to be excited about this secondary...

Lewis is really coming into how own and he has the size to be physical with WR's......Willie Gay is solid when asked to match up with players he can match up with and isn't as bad as many said he was.....Allen looks like a play maker this secondary really needs.....Plus there is Curtis Brown who I still have hopes for......Ryan Mundy is so much improved as well and really allows Troy to play closer to the los at times especially when the Steelers go Nickel.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 12:42 AM
I love the way Lewis is playing right now. He's just beginning to come into his own and tap the talent he's got inside of him. He finished with Tackles today and Will Gay finished with 4 total. Both of these guys are really turning into a pretty dynamic duo for the Steelers pass defense. Then you throw in guys like Cortez Allen and it's easy to see the future of the defense.

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 01:07 AM
Lewis is looking good, but I don't think it's time to deem him the starter instead of Gay just yet. For the first time that I can remember Gay is playing good football, and I don't think it would be smart to take him out of that and throw Lewis into the starting position. I mean, who would have thought that Gay would do a pretty decent job shutting down the highest rated offense in the league? Keep him in until he starts ****ing up, if he starts ****ing up.

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2011, 02:06 AM
We are number one in the league against the pass. Wow. Bring on Green Bay!!

ok..just kidding. Baby steps.

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 02:08 AM
We are number one in the league against the pass. Wow. Bring on Green Bay!!

ok..just kidding. Baby steps.

Why just kidding? We just held the the big bad Patriots and their #1 passing offense to 10 points through the entire game (I won't count the first TD that came from a start at the Steelers 6 yard line).

Real Deal Steel
10-31-2011, 02:12 AM
Packers take it to another level. Don't get me wrong. I'm super excited about today's victory over the Pats. But Brady isn't better the Rodgers. And Rodgers has even more weapons then Brady.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Lewis is looking good, but I don't think it's time to deem him the starter instead of Gay just yet. For the first time that I can remember Gay is playing good football, and I don't think it would be smart to take him out of that and throw Lewis into the starting position. I mean, who would have thought that Gay would do a pretty decent job shutting down the highest rated offense in the league? Keep him in until he starts ****ing up, if he starts ****ing up.

I agree, what Lebeau and Carnell Lake have right now is working very well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We have enough changes going on at Linebacker and Defensive Line every week so if we keep the secondary intact it's only going to help them continue to play well.

Lewis is really coming into his own, it's amazing to watch him develop and Gay, you just can't say enough about him after the rough start he's had the last couple of years.

Rampage
10-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Keenan Lewis is really coming on this year. After so many years of being a bench-relegated leper, he's finally seeing the field and looking good; reminiscent of Bryant McFadden in 2008 before his decline. The thing that I like the most is that he is continuing to improve. With any luck, he will be a solid starter across from Ike for a while.

Plus, there's that little thing where he's friends with Wallace. Might this come into play with both of their contracts with both of them being starters on the same team?

LatrobePA
10-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Wallace is a Steeler for a while longer, Lewis as well... No way I see them walking, this is their system!

TampaSteelGirl
10-31-2011, 12:43 PM
I thought Lewis had a great game...actually i was impressed with the entire secondary as a whole...