PDA

View Full Version : James Farrior out for the Patriots game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Just saw it come through on Twitter from Mark Kaboly of the Trib. He was downgraded to out, as was Hines Ward.

This means that Stevenson Sylvester is going to see his first significant playing time of the season and really his career. His speed may be a better matchup against the Patriots Tight Ends, I expect Brady to attack the middle of the field early and often today.

MattyVfromCT
10-30-2011, 10:14 AM
He's certainly faster and more athletic than james, I just worry about his experience in coverage

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Statement game for a few young players. I feel they'll step up!

LarryNJ
10-30-2011, 10:29 AM
With Hines out does that mean Jerricho might get his first catches?

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-30-2011, 10:53 AM
I hope we see Jerricho too. He is a playmaker

steelers4life66
10-30-2011, 11:21 AM
I know you guys are tired of hearing me say it but, Timmons back inside and Sylvester on the out side. Even if he can't play outside. I'd feel so much better with Timmons in he's natural position in this game. I said it last week. Bradys gonna try to abuse the F@@K out of the middle.

Mike Tomlin
10-30-2011, 11:35 AM
I know you guys are tired of hearing me say it but, Timmons back inside and Sylvester on the out side. Even if he can't play outside. I'd feel so much better with Timmons in he's natural position in this game. I said it last week. Bradys gonna try to abuse the F@@K out of the middle.
Actually Timmons natural position is the outside. If Farrior was there they would for sure abuse the middle but with Sly in the middle he can actually run with either tight end. It's actually an advantage to us because i'm sure they were going to attack Farrior in the passing game but now they're going to have a guy in the middle that they have no tape on that's more athletic.

JensK
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Actually Timmons natural position is the outside. If Farrior was there they would for sure abuse the middle but with Sly in the middle he can actually run with either tight end. It's actually an advantage to us because i'm sure they were going to attack Farrior in the passing game but now they're going to have a guy in the middle that they have no tape on that's more athletic.

Timmons natural position is outside on a 4-3 defense, not in a 3-4 one.

Mike Tomlin
10-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Timmons natural position is outside on a 4-3 defense, not in a 3-4 one.
Which still means he's naturally an outside linebacker lol He didn't play the 3-4 until he played here.

steelers4life66
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM

I was saying first of the week brady is going to exploit the middle of the field. I'd rather have Timmons in the middle rather than a guy with little experience.

UKSTEELER
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Going to be great to see some Sly!

Farrior Fan
10-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I love watching Sly videos from college, he was a missle towards the ball carrier. But I'm sure Brady is licking his chops. Go SLY! Get a pick and a sack and 9 tackles so that we know the future of our Lbs is in good shape.

Mike Tomlin
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I was saying first of the week brady is going to exploit the middle of the field. I'd rather have Timmons in the middle rather than a guy with little experience.

I understood what you meant, don't worry because against the Patriots all sly needed to do was be able to run one on one with a tight end. We had to leave Timmons on the outside so we didn't lose containment on the run. Atleast on the inside he had help.

Stairwayto7
10-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I thought Sly was solid when he was in! They kepy bringing in extra dbs but he played good!

mwittman5
10-31-2011, 12:15 AM
In the post gazette it says Farrior has a torn calf and is out til december.