PDA

View Full Version : As late as feb 5th??

Aunkster
01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
If the Bears go to the superbowl it could be as late as feb 5th before we hear anything about a coach.

Steelers have to wait to speak with Rivera when he is finished with the season.

This tells me if they are waiting this long they must have a great interest in him.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 02:55 PM
At least enough interest to give him another interview.

Aunkster
01-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Im kind of partial but I have read allot of good about rivera.
I think he would be great.

This is just my opinion of course

Prosdo
01-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, if they are willing to wait there must be something they really like about the guy.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Im kind of partial but I have read allot of good about rivera.
I think he would be great.

This is just my opinion of course

I live 55 miles from Chicago so I know all about Ron Rivera. I like him and I think he would make a good NFL HC.

Stairwayto7
01-16-2007, 03:34 PM
With all the hype around Rivera, and the fact that there are a few HC vacancies around. Me should be interested. You could argue that the Bears two best players are out on defense, and he is still winning

AZ_Steeler
01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
If they are waiting this long for Rivera hopefully they get him for a good price!

Blitzburgh55
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I think they really want to get him or they wouldnt be waiting

Aunkster
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
With all the hype around Rivera, and the fact that there are a few HC vacancies around. Me should be interested. You could argue that the Bears two best players are out on defense, and he is still winning

The only thing keeping the bears alive is their defense,
In the Beginning it was their qb but now its all defense

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
This doesn't mean that we are going to wait for Rivera just becuase he's on the final list of candidates. If they do the other 2 interviews with Grimm and Tomlin they could very well make thier choice sooner than if the Bears keep moving on in the playoffs. After all, Sherman was on the list as a candidate but never even got a first interview.

BBG7
01-16-2007, 08:17 PM
This doesn't mean that we are going to wait for Rivera just becuase he's on the final list of candidates. If they do the other 2 interviews with Grimm and Tomlin they could very well make thier choice sooner than if the Bears keep moving on in the playoffs. After all, Sherman was on the list as a candidate but never even got a first interview.

That's what they were saying today on KDKA. They interview Grimm tomorrow and they interviewed Tomlin today...if they decide one of those guys is the man, they may never talk to Rivera again. Last I heard Tomlin's inteview was still going after 4 hours (I'm sure it's done by now because that was a while ago, they seem to have a lot to talk about with him. I wonder how long Grimm's will be tomorrow.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Wow that long? That's pretty interesting after they spoke with him for 3 hours the first time.

House of Steel
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Tomlin's interview went for four hours, WHOA, that sounds pretty serious, they must love what he brings to the table then.

BBG7
01-16-2007, 08:28 PM
They were also talking about how impressed the Steelers were with him the first 3 hours, but to go on another 4 today...makes me think we might not be waiting until Feb. to find out!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-16-2007, 08:33 PM
That's really pretty amazing. I wonder how long Grimm's will go ? If we hear that the Rooney's took one of them out to dinner, that's probably going to be our man since they've done that in the past.

BlitzburghNation
01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Or grimm or Tomlin,,,,,,,,,,,,,:tt02:
Feel at least relieved that it's not sherman or gailey :imhere: