PDA

View Full Version : How's your confidence going in against Patriots?

steelchamp204
10-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I say I feel really good about the team pulling off a W this week against the pats compared to years past. The Pats are very vulnerable on defense, well against the pass they are ranked 32nd but against the run they are ranked 8th. I think if we use the gameplan we used a few weeks ago the week after Ben got his foot hurt we should be ok. I think we will run the ball effectivley against the Pats and that would further help us keep brady on the sideline. The pats are 1st in yards and pass yards per game offensivley and ranked 10th running the ball. I see them passing thre ball to open up the run though early which is mostly what they do with most teams. In years past I looked at us playing the Pats and had barely any confidence winning a game against them, this year though is different.

So how are you gys confidence wise this season actually beating the Pats?

Stairwayto7
10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Well I`m not actually playing but I`m confident we outscore the pats. I think Ben is now on the same page as his recievers with Brown and Wallace coming on. I think our Dline now that they know who is starting has improved. The pats will score but with a good pass rush on brady we win!

steelchamp204
10-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Well I`m not actually playing but I`m confident we outscore the pats. I think Ben is now on the same page as his recievers with Brown and Wallace coming on. I think our Dline now that they know who is starting has improved. The pats will score but with a good pass rush on brady we win!

I didnt mean it as if we were plying fyi lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2011, 09:09 PM
For some odd reason I'm actually semi confident, from an offensive standpoint. The Patriot defense is at the bottom of the league against the pass so there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to move the ball and get some big plays.

On defense, I'm not confident at all quite honestly. This is the first big test for the secondary and the linebackers in pass coverage. Matt Schaub barely threw the ball so they honestly haven't been tested since week 1. Ike Taylor will be on Wes Welker but I'm more worried about the linebackers and safeties coverage the short routes against the Patriot TE's.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I feel a lot more confident than everyone else on this board, mostly because the Patriots defense just sucks.

steelchamp204
10-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I feel a lot more confident than everyone else on this board, mostly because the Patriots defense just sucks.

Thats exactly how I feel. :plus1:. Yea, the Pats are def still a threat in this league but arent the team they once where. I hope we get going early and never stop pilling on points. But that can be a far stretch of a dream :tt02:

chisteeler
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I feel nervous that we will come out flat. It seems that the teams always has trouble against Brady and the Pats for whatever reason. The Steelers will have to bring their A game on both sides of the ball. crossing fingers.

MattyVfromCT
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
i'm like brc, i'm semi confident. i belive we CAN win but that doesn't mean im not nervous either.

im expecting our defense to get shredded as always so if they show up somewhat it's already an improvement. although the more i think about it, i was at the game last year and as bad as it was, they didn't really start to pull away until after a few key injuries on the d in the 2nd half, us turning the ball over and skippy reed shanking a chip shot fg.

i do like the fact that woodley is playing out of his mind right now and hope he can use that momentum to have a big day. keisel is playing really well lately and he was one of our injuries in the 2nd half last year and that was a huge blow. i certainly hope our defense is more aggressive instead of the soft 10-15 yds off the line zone coverage we usually run. brady will always find an open man no matter how many guys you have in coverage. his line is far to good to get beat by a 3 man rush. dial up some blitzes, attack him from all angles. hit him early and often to disrupt the timing. i'm not worried about ochostinko at all but welker, gronkowski and hernandez scare me

as far as offensively i'm not worried about our ability to move the ball, just turnovers and settling for fg's instead of td's. we need to put up AT LEAST 30 to win this game.

idk, but i like the fact the pats are favored and i will LOVE IT if everyone in the media picks against us. i just want to beat these douches. so sick of losing to them.......

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey, this has been a crazy year in the NFL so far. Anything can happen. The Ravens finally beat us, I think there's a good chance that we can finally beat the Pats.

MattyVfromCT
10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey, this has been a crazy year in the NFL so far. Anything can happen. The Ravens finally beat us, I think there's a good chance that we can finally beat the Pats.

Certainly hope so

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I hope we beat them and I feel more confident than usual but I'm worried about their d line owning our o line

Diehardsteel
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I think we can beat em and i'm excited. In my eyes turnovers are the only big thing that can kill us. I'm confident in our WR core and what they could potentially do against this defense. I'm also actually confident in our D. Specifically our corners. Ike's been money so far and Gay's done a great job thus far as well. The O-line has done a pretty damn good job since Starks' return so I expect more of the same. HERE WE GO STEELERS! On a separate note, I hope LeBeau is watching this Jags/Ravens game. Get to the game tape and study the jags D now!

DIESELMAN
10-24-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm confident we can beat them if the "right" Steelers show up to play. If the team that played in weeks 1, 3, 4 and 6 shows up, we're screwed :greengrin: if the team that played in weeks 2, 5 and 7 show up, even though it was against inferior teams, we have a damn good shot. Those 3 weeks were more consistent in all 3 aspects of the game. There weren't any major lapses and we handled the other team for most of the game. I trust the players to go out and do their jobs, the one person I don't trust showing up is.........BA. Will it be Dr. Jeckyll or Mr. Hyde calling that game? That's the only part I dread. We shall see come Sunday. Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

mwittman5
10-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Well admittedly not very confident. It's my birthday sunday and I'm expecting to lose that way I don't get all mad if the Steelers lose. I always get mad when they lose and don't want to ruin my birthday lol.

Moondog
10-25-2011, 01:31 AM
I have more confidence in the Steelers going into the Pats game than I did going into the Texan game. It's the offensive performance that has got me somewhat hyped, if Ben can stay patient and take what the D gives him, I think the Steelers got a chance. Brady and the boys are going to move the ball, but hopefully the Steelers can snag a couple of turnovers to end some drives. Brady is due for a bad game at Heinz and the Steeler D is due for some turnovers. It will be interesting nonetheless.

steelersbabex25
10-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I have more confidence in the Steelers going into the Pats game than I did going into the Texan game. It's the offensive performance that has got me somewhat hyped, if Ben can stay patient and take what the D gives him, I think the Steelers got a chance. Brady and the boys are going to move the ball, but hopefully the Steelers can snag a couple of turnovers to end some drives. Brady is due for a bad game at Heinz and the Steeler D is due for some turnovers. It will be interesting nonetheless.

I can give you another reason why you're more confident against the Pats than the Texans. It's because the Pats are such a lopsided team. Amazing offense, atrocious defense. I know that they've had success so far, but as the numbers will show you, they've both put up big numbers and given up big numbers. The Pats can only go so far when they're only winning because of one half of their team.

Raleigh Steel
10-25-2011, 06:01 AM
i'd love to say i'm confident going into this game but recent history tells me otherwise. some teams just don't play well against other teams, and we just don't play well against the pats.
hopefully this is the season that the steelers start turning the tide in this matchup!

steelersgal86
10-25-2011, 08:43 AM
we really need to keep the pressure on Brady...as in any game this year I am nervous...but we will win :tt02:

pimplydan
10-25-2011, 09:05 AM
I am confident we can beat everybody EXCEPT the Pats .

Why ?

Tom _ _ _ _ _ _ Brady has our number .

Memory of all the lost championship games still remain clear in my mind:cursin:

LOVE to see the tide change on Sunday , like they say : all good(bad) things come to an end .

coldrolled
10-25-2011, 09:31 AM
On a separate note, I hope LeBeau is watching this Jags/Ravens game. Get to the game tape and study the jags D now!

:plus1:

This is how we need to press the WR's in the pats and rats game. Jags had it set up.

did anyone see the sign yestreday Ravens Eat Worms. :lol:

roosterray
10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
At some point trends have to change. Hopefully this is the year because NE defense is so bad. But if we don't take advantage of every opportunity on Offense we'll lose again. We cannot afford any offensive turnovers and definitely this is the week that we need to have Ben on his game. We can't have any overthrows this week. It really to me comes down to how efficient Ben is and if we can have any type of running game at all. We can't abandon it. The Pats defense is beatable. What will Arian's do is what concerns me more then that actual players. Let Ben go no huddle and keep their defense on the field when the matchup dictates success.:stirpot:

coldrolled
10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Welker can not be open the first 5 yards. brady and his clock work timing plays need to be interuppted, then we will sack him often.'

LatrobePA
10-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Troy will have to have his best game of the season... If the ball hits you in the chest this game it's a must that you catch it!!

75Steeler
10-25-2011, 10:14 AM
We need to come out onto the field playing strong and continue that for the entire 60 minutes of play. It seems to me that we have started weak a couple of times this season then picked up the pace later in the game. In all most all of our games we have had to defend what points we had towards the end of the game. The wierd thing is we have done this on both sides of the ball. We cannot be strong in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and just warming up in the 1st and cooling off in the 4th. Consistant play will get us the W against the Pats.

Rampage
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I have zero confidence right now. I hate being so pessimistic, but I've never felt confident in this team going against Brady. With two tight ends and a slot receiver that are tearing it up, there are going to be a lot of mismatches on the field on defense. If the offense doesn't come out hot to answer the Pats during early parts of the game, it could be over quickly. I think I am still feeling the effects of that sodomizing loss to them last season.

steelersbabex25
10-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Our passing defense has improved tremendously this season though. I don't know why or how, but for some reason, it has.

UKSTEELER
10-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Defensively we really need to take it to them early, get in the receivers faces and dictate the game.

Offensively we just need to turn up!

I just fear being out coached and out smarted again. But on paper we should have them.

Rampage
10-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Our passing defense has improved tremendously this season though. I don't know why or how, but for some reason, it has.

While I love it, I am very concerned about whether or not that statistic will hold up in the long run. Too many teams gave up on the pass because they could run on the team. The defensive line is starting to hold its own now, but I am curious to see how they hold up against a good QB like Brady.

MattyVfromCT
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Im really going back and forth with this one. As much as I want to believe we'll win their history against us scares me. This is the one team that always worries me. Anybody else im always confident we can win

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Brady has got to be hit, one or two flags even!!

steelchamp204
10-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Carnell Lake

LatrobePA
10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Carnell Lake

Good answer, you may be right. Or we may be exposed Sunday!!

Deviouz1
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I am confident we can beat everybody EXCEPT the Pats .

Why ?

Tom _ _ _ _ _ _ Brady has our number .

Memory of all the lost championship games still remain clear in my mind:cursin:

LOVE to see the tide change on Sunday , like they say : all good(bad) things come to an end .

:plus1:

heres the thing, if we can put brady on his *** 4 or 5 times in the first half and make him get happy feet and a twichy trigger finger we can probably force an INT or two. if that happens im actually fairly confident that we win. if it doesnt happen however i have a feeling its going to get ugly. the pats can easily use the short passing game as a running alternative and eat the clock and keep our O off the field. how many 15+ play drives have they made that ate 8 minutes of the clock away over the years? if the manage that, and we dont get to him, we're screwed.

of course theres also the fact that if we DO put brady on his *** we're likely to get several penalties for it. personally, i think F^(% the penalties. let em come, take the fines, to hell with it. keep brady on his *** at all costs. basically, beat his *** and we win.

DBR96A
10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I have cautious optimism. The Patriots are beatable, but it depends on both the quality and execution of the game plan. If the Steelers fail at either one, then they won't win, period. If they do both well, then there's a decent chance. All I know is, they should examine their game against the Patriots last season for examples of what not to do.

LatrobePA
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Their TE's are no secret anymore, this should help decide the defensive game plan..

steelersbabex25
10-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I have cautious optimism. The Patriots are beatable, but it depends on both the quality and execution of the game plan. If the Steelers fail at either one, then they won't win, period. If they do both well, then there's a decent chance. All I know is, they should examine their game against the Patriots last season for examples of what not to do.

:iagree: But we all know that the Steelers game plan isn't usually top-notch.

Goodfrom55
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Can't help but think the Steelers are in trouble this week because of their history with NE, and they've had 2 weeks to heal and prep for this game. I know the STeelers are strating to clock and NE has the worst defense in the league, but you know Bill will cook up something special to confuse the O-line and give Ben some different looks in the secondary.

That being said, if the Steelers really look at the game film when NE played the Bills and Jets, each team got a lot of pressure up the middle on Brady and that is the key. Need a good pudh from Ziggy, Brett, and McClendon/Hampton this week. Can't give Brady space to step up the avoid the outside rush.

steelersbabex25
10-25-2011, 04:31 PM
With all the crazy things that we've seen happen in the NFL this year, I refuse to use, "the Patriots own us," as a reason as to why we won't win this game.

coldrolled
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Brady has got to be hit, one or two flags even!!

its easier to hit welker, come on clark, troy, timmons.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-25-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm Confident because we always rise to the competition level we win big at home because the fans are gonna help us! GO STEELERS F^CK the CHEATERS:tt02::tt02:

Dean Denton
10-26-2011, 02:14 AM
I feel like the Steelers are going to get beat. No matter where Pats are weak, they get stronger in that area when they play the Steelers. Dick has no answer for Brady or we would have beat this team at some point in the last 7 tries. 41-26 Pats. But we clean up the Ravens the following week and finish 12-4 on the season winning the North and the 2 seed. Lets hope the Jets finish off the Pats in the playoffs so we can get another shot at the Packers.

steelersbabex25
10-26-2011, 02:30 AM
I feel like the Steelers are going to get beat. No matter where Pats are weak, they get stronger in that area when they play the Steelers. Dick has no answer for Brady or we would have beat this team at some point in the last 7 tries. 41-26 Pats. But we clean up the Ravens the following week and finish 12-4 on the season winning the North and the 2 seed. Lets hope the Jets finish off the Pats in the playoffs so we can get another shot at the Packers.

Were you also saying before the Ravens game that the Ravens had no answer for Ben Roethlisberger or they would have beat him at some point in the last 6 tries? :rolleyes:

This "the Patriots have owned us in the past" thing is really starting to get under my skin.

Dobre Shunka
10-26-2011, 05:28 AM
I like our chances and no matter what I think they're going to give the PATS a run for their money.

GO STEELERS!

Blazedby92
10-26-2011, 05:39 AM

What he said, we can't finish anyone this year even when we get the lead.

SnakeEyes43
10-26-2011, 08:27 AM
I feel pretty good. Brady always worries me, but our offense seems to be firing up now, so maybe we can match them point wise. I think the score will be in the high twenties, maybe thirties.

I also feel good because our defense in waaayyyy better than their defense. If our offense can put points up, our defense should make more plays than theirs will. Hopefully this is the week Troy can get that pick he's been soooo close to.

And it's a home game. Go Steelers!!!!! :tt02:

steelchamp204
10-26-2011, 02:36 PM
What he said, we can't finish anyone this year even when we get the lead.

Didnt we just "finish" against the Cardinals?

ejsteeler
10-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm always optomistic but reality is they have had our number.
All things end so this is as good a game as any to turn the tide......
:cope:

Dean Denton
10-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Didnt we just "finish" against the Cardinals? Thats against the Cards, no

t the Pats. The Pats can score, the Cards, not so much...

LatrobePA
10-26-2011, 05:07 PM
The X-Factor - Cotchery, he was w/ the Jets last year and will help!!

Rampage
10-26-2011, 05:17 PM
The X-Factor - Cotchery, he was w/ the Jets last year and will help!!

Shame he doesn't play CB. :lol:

LatrobePA
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Shame he doesn't play CB. :lol:

Won't need to since we'll hang 40 on their ***!! :stirpot:

connecticutsteel
10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
I think with some good adjustments and solid coverage we can keep them under 30

Deviouz1
10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
i am suitably impressed. its the start of the 4th quarter and we're ahead by 10 on their 11 after the false start on gilbert. as it stands even if they somehow manage to come back, my confidence level in this years team has at LEAST doubled. they have a shot at beating anyone in the league at any time. too bad woodley pulled up lame, brady can be less scared now.

Scorp
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
i said steelers would beat them this time and turns out i was right. when you know you know.

jd1000
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
We are definitely a better team than 4 weeks ago. Great adjustments have been made. I was afraid we were slipping into second-tier status last month. We are still clearly the elite in the NFL.

JD from Utah:banana:

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 02:38 AM

I hate being right.

Just kidding I love it.

Raleigh Steel
10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
i've never been so happy to be wrong...but the steelers finally proved that they can beat this team!!!!!

way to go boys!

JensK
10-31-2011, 07:21 AM
At times it does indeed feel nice to be proven wrong :)

Rampage
10-31-2011, 12:46 PM
I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life. :lol:

Dean Denton
10-31-2011, 04:27 PM
I feel like the Steelers are going to get beat. No matter where Pats are weak, they get stronger in that area when they play the Steelers. Dick has no answer for Brady or we would have beat this team at some point in the last 7 tries. 41-26 Pats. But we clean up the Ravens the following week and finish 12-4 on the season winning the North and the 2 seed. Lets hope the Jets finish off the Pats in the playoffs so we can get another shot at the Packers.Ha Ha, it worked.....lol

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Ha Ha, it worked.....lol

:nono: Don't act like you were just trying to jinx the Pats.

Stairwayto7
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Confidence growing each week