PDA

View Full Version : Will Harrison Play vs Patriots?

Cricker24
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone has heard if Harrison will be back this week against the Patriots? I remember when he had his surgery, the recovery time was 4-6 weeks. This Sunday will be 4 weeks, right? It would be a huge boost to have Harrison back for this game!!

Chris :tt02:

K Train
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
wasnt this his second week out?

id imagine he wont be back til after the bye, but maybe sooner i guess it depends.

timmons was a ghost again but woodley continues to make sure people know hes on the field....foote and farrior play ok, but they will be bodies in the way against the patriots imo

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
No. Even if he was close to being back they'd hold him out this week so he'd be 100% against the Ravens.

Stairwayto7
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope Worilds is ready for Timmons to go back inside. Timmons is needed and so far he hasnt shown much on the outside

Cricker24
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
wasnt this his second week out?

No, he got hurt against the Texans on October 2nd and had surgery that Monday or Tuesday. So this Sunday, October 30th, would be about 4 weeks. I don't think he'll play either, but I wanted to see if anyone heard anything. I'd be surprised if Harrison wasn't back next week against the Ravens. That's a bigger game than the Patriots.

Chris :tt02:

SteelDad
10-24-2011, 07:04 PM
This week is a 'no-go' I've heard but Ravens game a definite possibilty... Might find out more by podcast tonight. We'll keep everyone posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Mike Tomlin
10-24-2011, 07:18 PM
I think they should wait until after the bye anyway.

connecticutsteel
10-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Putting him in against the Ravens is a mistake he needs time to get up to speed

steelchamp204
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Nope he wont play. Doesnt bother me any either. Defense has been playing well without the presence of Harrison. Keep him out after the bye so he is 100% to play the ravens.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Timmons hasn't exactly been lighting up the stat sheet on the outside, but Woodley has certainly been able to turn up the heat at his position. No way Harrison plays this weekend but I wish he could, you know he'd be all over this game.

It's not guarantee that Worilds plays either, he keeps reinjuring that quad every week in practice.

Nolrog
10-25-2011, 11:41 AM
id imagine he wont be back til after the bye, but maybe sooner i guess it depends.

Week after the bye is my guess as well (bye is week 11, so week 12).

SnakeEyes43
10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought Tomlin said by the Ravens game...? I might be mistaken.

steelers4life66
10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Nope he wont play. Doesnt bother me any either. Defense has been playing well without the presence of Harrison. Keep him out after the bye so he is 100% to play the ravens.
We play the rats before the bye.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2011, 01:07 AM
James Harrison is getting antsy being a spectator.

Asked Wednesday if he had circled a date for returning from an eye injury that kept him out the past three games, Harrison said: "Today, last week, the week before, the week before that."

The Steelers All-Pro linebacker likely will have to wait at least a few more weeks to get on the field after having facial surgery to repair a fractured right orbital bone about three weeks ago.

"When the doctor tells me I can come back, I'll come," Harrison said. "I am going on doctors' orders."

Harrison suffered the broken orbital bone Oct. 2 during the second half against Houston when Duane Brown slammed into his helmet.

Harrison missed two series before returning. It was later revealed he broke a bone.
"I had double vision when it first happened," Harrison said. "There was a possibility that I could've lost my sight, but I got lucky, I guess."

Harrison said his double vision has dissipated, but he still is sensitive to light. He said he will likely wear a tinted visor when he returns.

Until then, Harrison has to wait for doctors to give him the go.
"I guess some things have to scar up and give it time to cover over," Harrison said. "It takes away the chance of infection and some other stuff."

Harrison had missed only one game since becoming a starter in 2007. He sat out the season finale in 2008 against Cleveland with a hip injury.

"Everything happens for a reason -- good, bad or indifferent," Harrison said. "I am just going to deal with it and move on."

The Steelers have won three straight since Harrison's injury, and their defense has moved up to third overall.

LaMarr Woodley has picked up the slack since Harrison's injury with 5 1/2 sacks.
"That's what I expect," Harrison said.

Harrison said he has been impressed with how Lawrence Timmons has held down the position in his absence.

"He is playing the position the way it needs to be played," Harrison said. "That's all we can ask. He's an inside backer."

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Harrison%20likely%20out%20few%20more%20weeks%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764008.html#ixzz1bx4JD4mr)